Binkw32.dll missing is causing an issue to the particular game that you are trying to play or install. Usually, Binkw32dll is missing error occurs when you try to open a game or any other application that uses the Bink engine as an encoder. As the software is old enough, there are chances for the occurrence of this error while playing a game in the latest PC.
At most of the times, the error is due to running the games of the cracked version. As you are using the game version of illegal download without the original CD or DVD will cause the error. Don’t worry, as we are here to help you out in this download binkw32.dll as well as binkw32.dll missing.
Priory, I will let you know about what is binkw32.dll, common error messages to binkw32.dll error, and the solutions to fix the issue.
What is binkw32.dll?
The program ‘Bink Video Player’ uses the binkw32.dll file to play games on the system. The binkw32.dll file is helpful to render graphics and RAD game tools company developed games uses it the most. The Bink Codec (decoder-coder) is used by multiple games, it is helpful to decode and encode videos. Due to the issue in the Bink video codes, binkw32.dll may be missing or caused error.
Since the Bink video player is popular amongst the developer in Windows 98 and Windows XP, here are some of the games that generate binkw32.dll error:
- Tomb Raider: Legend
- Hitman: Blood Money
- Empire Earth II
- Civilization III
- Age of Empires III
- Dungeon Siege II
- Demon Stone
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Star Wars: Battlefront
As the binkw32.dll file is used much constantly, will cause it corrupted or damaged that makes unreadable for the PC. If you are using a cracked version of the game then there are chances that you may get binkw32.dll error. There are various other issues related to dll such as Opencl.dll is missing, MSVCP140.dll is missing, MSVCR71.dll is missing, Openal32.dll is missing etc. To fix the issue by yourself, you need to go through the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Common Error Messages Related to binkw32.dll Error
You can see some different ways in which the binkw32.dll missing can appear on your computer screen.
- Missing binkw32.dll
- Cannot find binkw32.dll
- The binkw32.dll is installed in the Windows
- Program is unable to load as the binkw32.dll file missing from the system. Try to reinstall to fix the issue.
- dll not found.
- An attempt to delay load a .dll or get a function address in a delay loaded to .dll failed. Dll: binkw32.dll
- binkw32.dll not found
- Application is failed to start because binkw32.dll not found. Re-install application to fix the issue.
However, the message will be similar to any of the above points.
Why Binkw32.dll is missing error occurs?
Normally the Binkw32.dll error is caused by various reasons that can be fixed easily.
Some most common reasons behind this error are listed below:
- The file is located in the wrong folder
- Damaged or Corrupted File
- Virus Infections
- Registry Corruptions
- Video Driver Conflict
How to Fix binkw32.dll Missing Error?
You can see the binkw32.dll file in all the versions of Windows operating system. However, follow the below solutions one after the other till you fix the issue. The below solutions are helpful to fix the issue related to binkw32.dll and if you know any other fixes let us know in the comment section. We will check it and update the content adding solution that worked out for you too.
We would start with the simple solutions as sometimes the issue is not that critical.
Close And Re-launch the Game
In some of the cases, there is no much serious issue. You need to close the program and re-open it. As the simple restart of the program may help to fix the issue. You can also restart your computer to fix the issue.
Copy Binkw32.dll File From Users Game CD To Your Game Folder
If the game is not being able to locate the file in the desired folder then there are chances for the occurrence of this error. As each game contains its own version of binkw32.dll separately, it’s always better you can copy the binkw32.dll file available in the game CD and place it in the game folder on your PC. To do so follow these steps:
- Insert the game CD into the CD drive.
- Right-click on the CD drive and then press “Explore“
- During the opening of CD go to the “Files/System” folder.
- Now locate “Binkw32.dll” and copy it
- Go to the location C:\Program Files and paste the Binkw32.dll file into the folder.
Hopefully, your error will be fixed. But if still getting the error then follow the next solution.
Install RAD(Bink Video Codec)
To replace the missing binkw32.dll files, you need to download RAD video tools and install it into your system. However, download the binkw32.dll file. It helps to replace the binkw32.dll missing or the corrupt file.
- Search for Bink download page or RAD Video Tools. And then you need to click on the RAD video tools to download it.
- On completion of the download, click on the downloaded file.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the RAD video tools.
- Once the installation of RAD is done. Restart your computer to apply the changes. After the restart, try to open the game and we hope you can play without any causing any more error.
Regularly, you have to perform game updates to avoid such situations.
You may manually download the latest version of the game or open the game and click on the updating button to complete the game software update.
In some of the situations, the game itself is unable to read the file due to the internal issues. On complete reinstallation of the game, the binkw32.dll missing error may resolve the problem itself.
Update Device Drivers
You have to perform the updating drivers to resolve the binkw32.dll error. Just follow the below steps to update drivers, most probably update the video card drivers but updating all the drivers is also the best solution.
- Go to Start button and open the Device Manager option.
- Now, navigate to the sound, video, and game controllers. On expanding, you can see the drivers.
- Right-click on the driver and choose update software option.
- Wait, until the completion of the driver update. You have to follow the same procedure for all the drivers
- You have to restart your system and try to open the game that causing the error. Hopefully, on updating drivers the binkw32.dll missing error is fixed.
We hope, solutions to fix binkw32.dll missing error are helpful to fix the issue. In case, you still face the issue, drop us your query in the comment section. We will get back to you at the earliest with the perfect solution to your query. You can follow us on our social media platforms of LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram to get an update on the latest posts.