Wolfenstein 2 is the highly claimed action packed game and more than 90% of people like this game. The adventure and thriller of the game hold the breath of the gamers and one of the greatest significance of the game is the graphics. But, some users reported an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ and due to this, they are unable to access the game effectively.
However, if you are also facing the same issue, then don’t worry as there are few advanced solutions which will fix such glitch. But before heading towards the solution, you must know the prime reason behind an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ and the same is listed below.
What are the prominence reasons behind an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’?
The most prominent reason behind an issue ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ is the graphics card. Using the outdated graphics card is also a reason behind this error. The secondary reason is the improper installation of the game, if the settings of the game are not properly configured on your computer, then you will find such error on your computer screen.
How to fix an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’?
Now, you are familiar with the causes behind an issue. So, let’s begin with the primary cause and start fixing the graphics card. First and foremost, just update the graphics card and you just need to execute these steps effectively.
Update Graphics Card
- Open ‘Run’ box by pressing the two keys simultaneously, i.e. ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key.
- In the box, type ‘devgmgmt.msc’ and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, select ‘Display Adapter’ from the list and then click on the arrow button to expand the drivers.
- Choose the graphics card driver from the list, right-click on it and then select ‘Update driver’.
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear on the screen which will offer you the choice to update the driver, select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Now, relax and allow the windows to complete the task.
After updating the driver, if the error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ still appears on your PC screen, then go for the next solution and this time, you will have to make changes in the compatibility settings.
Change Compatibility Settings of the game
- Navigate for the Steam.exe file which you have stored in your computer and select the application file.
- After selecting the application file of steam, right-click on it and choose ‘properties’.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on the screen with multiple tabs at the top, click on the ‘compatibility’ tab.
- Now, scroll down the page and click on the icon ‘change high DPI settings’.
- Soon, you will find a pop-up on your screen, move to the section ‘High DPI scaling override’ and then click on the box ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior, Scaling performed by’.
- After clicking on the checkbox, the drop-down menu will be activated and from the same, select ‘Application’.
- After completing the task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Download and Install the latest patches
The developers mostly release the updated version of the game to fix the issue. So, if you are keen to resolve an issue ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’, then update the game to fix the glitches. You can perform the task from the steam store or can visit the official website of the game.
Delete the config file of Wolfenstein 2
The configuration file usually stores the settings of the game and the application access those settings from the configuration file. However, if the config file gets corrupted, the game will fail to load and you will find an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ on your computer screen. So, the best solution is to delete the config file and when the task will be completed, then the game will look out for the same file, and it will fail to find any such and hence will create a new one.
- Navigate for the directory path where the config file is located.
- C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\MachineGames\Wolfenstein II\The New Colossus\base\Wolfenstein II The New ColossusConfig/local
- After finding the file, select the config file and then delete the same.
- That’s it; now restart your computer to see the effect.
These were the effective solutions against an issue ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’. However, if you still fail to resolve an issue, then feel free to contact us. Our techie will resolve the issue in a quick span of time. Being one of the leading technical support assistance firms, we retain the experienced nerds whose prime task is to fix the issues within a short span of time. Their effort enable the users to access the features of the Operating System effectively. So, if you want to avail their support, then contact us immediately. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.