Wolfenstein 2 is the highly claimed action-packed game and more than 90% of people like this game. The adventure and thriller of the game hold the breath of the gamers and one of the greatest significance of the game is the graphics. But, some users reported an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ and due to this, they are unable to access the game effectively.
However, if you are also facing the same issue, then don’t worry as there are few advanced solutions that will fix such glitch. But before heading towards the solution, you must know the prime reason behind an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ and the same is listed below.
Why ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ error occurs?
The most prominent reason behind an issue ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ is the graphics card. Using the outdated graphics card is also a reason behind this error. The secondary reason is the improper installation of the game, if the settings of the game are not properly configured on your computer, then you will find such error on your computer screen.
How to fix ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ error?
Now, you are familiar with the causes behind an issue. So, let’s begin with the primary cause and start fixing the graphics card. First and foremost, just update the graphics card and you just need to execute these steps effectively.
Update Graphics Card
- Press Windows+R keys to Open the ‘Run’ box.
- In the box, type ‘devgmgmt.msc’ and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, select ‘Display Adapter’ from the list and then click on the arrow button to expand the drivers.
- Choose the graphics card driver from the list, right-click on it and then select ‘Update driver’.
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear on the screen which will offer you the choice to update the driver, select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Now, relax and allow the windows to complete the task.
After updating the driver, if the error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ still appears on your PC screen, then go for the next solution and this time, you will have to make changes in the compatibility settings.
Change Compatibility Settings of the Game
- Navigate for the Steam.exe file which you have stored in your computer and select the application file.
- After selecting the application file of steam, right-click on it and choose ‘properties’.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on the screen with multiple tabs at the top, click on the ‘compatibility’ tab.
- Now, scroll down the page and click on the icon ‘change high DPI settings’.
- Soon, you will find a pop-up on your screen, move to the section ‘High DPI scaling override’ and then click on the box ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior, Scaling performed by’.
- After clicking on the checkbox, the drop-down menu will be activated and from the same, select ‘Application’.
- After completing the task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Download and Install the latest patches
The developers mostly release the updated version of the game to fix the issue. So, if you are keen to resolve an issue ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’, then update the game to fix the glitches. You can perform the task from the steam store or can visit the official website of the game.
Disable Async Compute
If none of the above methods worked for you then you can try disabling the Async compute on the game or on your computer. It enhances the graphics output of the game on your computer. However, many users reported that it also causes issues and restricts the game to launch.
You can disable the Async Compute feature either from your graphics card or from the game. Once this feature is disabled, restart your computer. Now launch the game and check for the error.
Delete the Config File of Wolfenstein 2
The configuration file usually stores the settings of the game and the application access those settings from the configuration file. However, if the config file gets corrupted, the game will fail to load and you will find an error ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’ on your computer screen. So, the best solution is to delete the config file and when the task will be completed, then the game will look out for the same file, and it will fail to find any such and hence will create a new one.
- Navigate for the directory path where the config file is located.
C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\MachineGames\Wolfenstein II\The New Colossus\base\Wolfenstein II The New ColossusConfig/local
- After going inside the folder, select the config file and then delete the same if you find it.
- That’s it; now restart your computer to see the effect.
Temporary Disable your Graphics Card Device
Many users reported that by disabling the Graphics card device the error could not write crash dump resolved. Try to disable the Graphics card device to fix the issue. To do so follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager on your computer.
- Go to Display adapters.
- Right-click on your graphics card and select Disable device.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Close Device Manager. Launch the game again and check for the error.
Launch the game in compatibility mode
We all know that Windows 10 is having recurring issues with games. The main reason behind these issues is that the Windows 10 features are not stable and it gets regular updates after every 6 months affecting the functionality of the games. In such a case it is always recommended to run the game in compatibility mode. To do so follow these steps:
- Right-click on the game shortcut and select Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab and check the option for Run this program in compatibility mode.
- From the drop-down list select Windows 7 and click Apply and OK to confirm.
Check the game files are not missing or corrupted
If any of the files are missing or corrupted then your game will not run smoothly. You will need to check that all the files are available and working properly:
- Launch Steam and head to the Game Library section.
- Right-click on Wolfenstein II and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab and select the option to Verify the integrity of game files.
- Once it is done Run the game and check for the error.
These were the effective solutions against an issue ‘Wolfenstein 2 could not write crash dump’. Let’s know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, Android, and Games.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page.