Are you facing with the error Opencl.dll missing error? If you are facing it don’t worry because this article will help you out to the error. If you are missing this dll file in any Windows system, your system starts displaying different types of error. The error is regarding Opencl.dll missing when you try to open any installed application.
- 1 Causes of Opencl.dll Errors
- 1.1 Common Opencl.dll Error Messages
- 1.2 OpenCL.dll Missing or Not Found: Solutions
- 1.2.1 Run Windows System File Checker
- 1.2.2 Install Windows Updates
- 1.2.3 System Restore
- 1.2.4 Antivirus Scan
- 1.2.5 Manually Register Opencl.dll Using Microsoft Register Server
- 1.2.6 Download and Copy Paste the Missing File
- 1.2.7 Update Graphics Driver
- 1.2.8 Uninstall and Re-Install Driver
- 2 Conclusion
Causes of Opencl.dll Errors
Most of the opencl.dll missing error is related to corrupt files of opencl.dll. Improper shutting down of the PC or getting a virus infection will lead to DLL errors. As the file is corrupt, it cannot load properly and will cause an error message.
Due to the issues in the Windows registry, broken registry keys will result in missing DLL file, moved DLL file, or leftover dll file reference from an unsuccessful installation or un-installation of software.
- Due to an invalid or corrupt registry key of Opencl.dll
- Virus or malware in your computer will infect Opencl.dll file
- Microsoft Corporation hardware failure such as a bad hard drive which has corrupted opencl.dll file
- The Opencl.dll file was modified or uninstalled by other software
- Unsuspected deletion of Opencl.dll files by other software
- Another program uninstalled the opencl.dll file
A bad hard drive has to get replaced but in most of the issue of the cases is with the other problems. You can fix the issue yourself; we have provided the most common problem solutions. Just go through the solutions and try one by one solution until the PC problem gets fixed.
Common Opencl.dll Error Messages
The most common opencl.dll missing error messages that can appear on your Windows-based computer are
- Opencl.dll not found
- Cannot register opencl.dll
- Opencl.dll access violation
- The file opencl.dll is missing
- Cannot find c:\ Windows \ System32 \AAAAA\ Opencl.dll (AAA is nothing but the destination folder path of dll file)
- This application failed to start because opencl.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot start Windows 10 operating system, the required component is missing opencl.dll. please install Windows 10 operating system again
OpenCL.dll Missing or Not Found: Solutions
Below are the solutions to resolve the problem related to OpenCl.dll missing error. Follow the below solutions and steps carefully. Some of the solutions in this article are time-consuming try with patience to fix the error easy without causing any other troubles to your system.
Run Windows System File Checker
System file checker is the tool included with Windows; it will scan for file corruption and restore Windows system files. If the tool checker finds a problem with opencl.dll or another critical system file, it will try to replace the problematic files from DLL cache (% WinDir % \ System32 \ Dllcache). If the opencl.dll file is not in the dll cache as you have deleted cache, you will prompt to insert Windows installation disc to cover the files.
- Click the start button.
- Type command prompt in the search box, don’t hit the enter button.
- Hold Ctrl + shift button and press enter on the keyboard.
- The screen prompts with the permission dialog box, click on the yes button to provide appropriate permission.
- The new window of command prompt as administrator is opened.
- The window is a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit enter from the keyboard.
- System file checker will begin scanning for opencl.dll and other system file problems.
- Follow on-screen commands to replace the problematic files in your system (especially pencl.dll file).
Install Windows Updates
In some of the instances updating Windows will solve the issue of Opencl.dll missing error.
- Click the start button.
- Type Windows update in the search box automatically selects the first option hit enter.
- The windows update window will open.
- Click on check for updates button to search for updates.
- If any updates are available, click on install update buttons to update your system.
NOTE: After installing updates, restart your system to check whether the issue is resolved or not. If the problem still persists go to the next solution.
System restore is the best option to restore your system to a point where the system worked well without an error. In most of the cases system restore will fix the errors and makes your system to work as before. System restore will not affect your documents, pictures or other data.
- Click on Windows logo key from the keyboard.
- Type system restore on the search box.
- Double – click on the first option from the list as shown in the figure.
- A new window open, click on the next button.
- On the next screen, select show more restore points to select a restore point where everything worked fine. After selecting click on next button.
- Finally, system restore start and will take some time to complete the procedure.
- After completion check whether the pencl.dll missing error fixed. If the problem still persists skip to the next solution.
In some of the instances, due to the malware or virus in your system cause opencl.dll error. The viruses can damage, corrupt or even delete dll related files. In addition, there is also a possibility that opencl.dll missing error is related to a component of the malicious program itself.
Steps for antivirus scan in your system
- If you have any third-party antivirus software in your system or system inbuilt software or programs upgrades like Norton.yu don’t have any download an antivirus program from your internet browser.
- Launch the antivirus software and go to scan option run the full system scan.
- It will take a lot of time, you have to wait till the full scan completes.
- Finally, it shows the results of malware and virus attacked files in your system.
- Clean and resolve the issues related to malware or virus.
- In the end, your system is clean, restart your computer.
- Lastly, check whether the issue is resolved.
NOTE: Every antivirus software options are not the same. So please look on-screen options to process the full scan and fix the errors.
** Still the problem persists as the opencl.dll file is missing try to restore the file using Windows installation disc.
Manually Register Opencl.dll Using Microsoft Register Server
When you install software that uses opencl.dll file, the software should automatically register the file. In some instances, the file may not register properly and as a result, gives opencl.dll missing or not registered error. Fortunately, you can use built-in utility Microsoft Register server (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your opencl.dll file.
- Click on the start button
- Type command prompt in the search box as the command prompt is automatically as it is in the first option in the list. Hold Ctrl + shift on your keyboard and press enter button.
- The system prompts a dialog box for permission, click yes.
- The new window command prompt opens as administrator.
- Type the command regsvr32/u opencl.dll
- Hit enter button from the keyboard to unregister the file.
- After successful execution of the first command enter one more command regsvr32/i opencl.dll
- Hit enter button to re-register your file
- Close the command prompt window.
- Restart your computer and launch the program associated with opencl.dll missing error to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
NOTE: If you get the command is not recognized as internal or external or faced any error while executing the command skip to the next solution.
Download and Copy Paste the Missing File
According to some of the users downloading the appropriate dll file and copy pasting it will solve the issue. You can also copy paste the file from an existing system file to fix the error. You can know both the cases to fix the opencl.dll missing error.
Steps to download and copy paste opencl.dll missing error
- Download from the web browser by searching opencl.dll file for Windows XP/ 7 / 8 / 10. Choose and search according to your operating system.
- Click on the trusted website and download opencl.dll file according to your Windows operating system. Save the file with name OpenCl.dll and save it in your desired destination folder.
- Copy the opencl.dll file from the destination folder and go to c: \ Windows \ System 32 directory and paste the file. If the directory has no opencl.dll file it will paste into it, else replace the existing dll file with a new file.
- Restart your system and check whether the system is working without any error.
Steps to copy paste from the Graphics driver folder.
- Open your computer present on your desktop or type in the start search box and open it.
- Go to c : \ program files \ AAAAA (Your graphics driver) \ opencl directory. Copy paste the file directory or go on one by one selection.
- Locate the file opencl64.dll file right – click on it and select the copy option.
- Go to c:\ Windows \ System32 directory and paste the file there.
- Right – click on the pasted file. After pasting go the file and change the file name as OpenCL.dll click enter.
- If the file exists to replace the file.
- After completion of copy and paste the file. Restart your computer and check whether the issue is fixed.
NOTE: If the Windows folder is not present, go to organize option after opening local disk c:\. Click on folder and search options. On the pop – up window go to view option and select show hidden folders, files, and drives. Click on apply and ok. Now you can see Windows folder on local disk c:\.
** Any one of the above options will work to fix opencl.dll missing error. If you don’t have any external graphics driver then go with downloading a file from the browser.
Update Graphics Driver
Updating the graphics driver also help to fix opencl.dll error. Go to device manager from your Windows menu. Expand display drivers and right – click on your device driver. Select the option update driver to fix the error.
Uninstall and Re-Install Driver
In some instances uninstalling and reinstalling graphics driver will fix the issue. Go to device manager, uninstall graphics driver, and reinstall using already downloaded graphics driver in your system.
Note: Hopefully this solution will help you to fix the error.
Do you need more assistance to fix OpenCl.dll missing error as you are stuck up at any point of step? We are here to help you out with the instant solutions for your problem. Suggestions are always welcome, which help us to work even more to give you the best solutions. Are you facing trouble with any of your electronic devices, write to us with a brief description of your problem. We will respond quickly with the best solutions to fix your issues.