An MSVCR71.DLL missing error occurs due to the respective DLL file is missing, deleted, or corrupted. The programs that are dependent on the DLL file will throwback an MSVCR71.DLL missing error if there is any problem with the file.
What is MSVCR71.DLL?
The MSVCR71.DLL file is associated with the Microsoft visual studio for the Windows operating system. This file is similar to an executable file which allows multiple software programs to share the functionality.
MSVCR71.DLL Missing or Not Found Error: Causes
Many Windows users will come across MSVCR71.DLL missing error in some of the cases. The below are the error messages they will see while occurring the error related MSVCR71.DLL missing.
- The program cannot be started because MSVCR71.DLL is missing from your computer.
- This application failed to start because MSVCR71.DLL missing or not found.
- “MSVCR71.DLL not found.”
- Cannot find c:\Windows\System32\msvcr71.DLL.
- The file MSVCR71.DLL missing.
- “Cannot start Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. A required component is missing: msvcr71.DLL. Please install Microsoft visual studio .NET again.”
- MSVCR71.DLL access violation.
- “Cannot register MSVCR71.DLL.”
The error occurs during startup of your computer, a particular program startup, or while trying to use a specific function in your program for example printing.
This is one of the major issues in your computer due to which you can’t the program which requires that file.
Finally, the best solutions are given in this article to fix MSVCR71.DLL missing error and the errors related to the file.
MSVCR71.DLL missing Error: Solutions
The following are the fixes you can try before going to download Microsoft visual c++ Redistributable package. If none of the below solutions fixes your system MSVCR71.DLL missing error then go with downloading and installing the above-prescribed software.
Update the Drivers to fix the MSVCR71.DLL missing or not found error
The error might be with the drivers and because of it, you are causing the error. To update drivers go to device manager from windows search > expand display adapters on clicking on it > under it right – click on graphics driver > select update driver software. The processes automatically update your graphics driver and after completion of updating restart your computer. Open the program that causing an MSVCR71.DLL missing error and see either still you are getting the error or not. In case the problem still persists, move on to the next solution.
Use System Restore
System restore is the process of going back to the place in the system when there is no issue of MSVCR71.DLL missing error. To do this go to control panel > system and security > backup and restore > recover system settings or your computer > open system restore > click next > uptick to show all restore points > select the point where everything is fine with DLL file > click on Next to start the process of system restoring. After your system restart and check the program that caused the error before. In most of the cases system restore helps to fix the error else continue with the below solutions.
Note: The system restore navigating options may change with system Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, and 10. The above-given images are from the Windows 7 operating system.
How to fix MSVCR71.DLL missing or not found error using SFC Scan?
SFC (System File Checker) is a built-in Windows tool that checks all the files in your system, spot corrupted files, and fixes them.
- Open the command prompt with administrative privileges, right-click on the command prompt on Windows logo search and choose run as administrator.
- A new window opens of command prompt as administrator. Type the following command dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Use the above command if you are using Windows 8 or 10 else directly go with the SFC scan.
- Finally, run sfc/scannow as shown in the figure and wait till the scan completes.
- After completion of the scan, if you see a message on the window as “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.” This means that the scan didn’t find any errors with your files. You have to proceed with other solutions as this did not help to fix the solution.
- If you see a screen with a message “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log%WinDir%LogsCBBSCBS.log.” this means that the sfc fixed some of the system error. To check whether actual error fixed or not go to the above-given directory or a program that causing the error.
- If other than above-given messages are shown, you have to try other solutions to fix the error.
Copy Paste DLL File to fix the error MSVCR71.DLL missing or not found
In some of the internet websites, you can find the MSVCR71.DLL file download it to fix the MSVCR71.DLL missing error.
Below are the steps to showcase the steps to place the file in the correct folder.
- Select the 32- bit DLL file for 32-bit Windows operating system. If you are having 64-bit Windows operating system, select both 32- bit and 64-bit DLL file.
- While downloading the DLL file choose the entrusted site to stay safe from malware or virus the entering your system through that file.
- After downloading, rename the file as msvcr71.DLL and copy the file.
- Go to computer > local disk c:\, if the Windows folder is not seen, go to organize > folder and search options > from the pop – up window go to view > select show hidden files > click on apply > lastly on ok button. Now you can see the Windows folder.
- If you are having 32-bit Windows system, paste the 32-bit DLL file into your computer folder location as shown c:\computer\Windows\system32.
- In case if you are having 64-bit Windows operating system, paste the files into c:\Windows\SysWOW64 and c:\Windows\system32.
- If you get the pop – window with a message “Do you want to replace it”. Don’t replace the file until and unless you found the DLL file is corrupted.
- In some of the instances, the DLL file is not corrupt but de-registered. To register above copied file or to re-register the DLL file continue with the below step.
- To register or re-register DLL file, go to Windows logo > search cmd > right-click and select run as administrator.
- New cmd window opens with administrative permissions > type command start/run regsvr32 msvcr71.DLL and click on the enter button.
- After successful completion of running the command, your registration or re-registration is completed. Close all windows and restart your computer and start the program that raises the error. Hopefully, this solution helps to fix your system MSVCR71.DLL missing error completely.
The MSVCR71.DLL missing error article, giving you the best solutions that will work to fix the error completely. If you have any queries, suggestions drop your comments in the comments section in detail, and we will get back to soon with appropriate replies. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.