Windows is a user-friendly Operating System which offers the salient application for the ease of the users and periodically updates the same so that the users can match the technology and can enjoy the digital world more effectively. But, some users reported Windows update error 0x8024402c. Well, this error has one meaning, i.e. Windows failed to check for the update
So, if you are also one of the victims of the same error code 0x8024402c, then don’t get worried as here you will get the utmost solutions against this issue. But, before moving onwards, let’s figure out the actual reasons which created the problem.
- 1 Reasons behind Windows Error Code 0x8024402c?
- 2 Best solutions to fix Windows Update Error 0x8024402c Code?
- 3 Conclusion
Reasons behind Windows Error Code 0x8024402c?
The primary reason is the failure of the Network due to improper configuration of the network. However, if you are connected with the LAN and the same is managed by the Windows Server Update Service, then it will create an issue known as Windows update error 0x8024402c. Well, the secondary reasons may be the invalid proxy settings or use of VPN amid the update process.
Now, after knowing the causes behind the issue, it’s time to fix the same and for your convenience, few advanced methods are listed below which will help you to resolve such issue in a short span of time.
Best solutions to fix Windows Update Error 0x8024402c Code?
First try the conventional one, i.e. Windows Update Troubleshooter. This is a tool offered by the Windows whose sole aim is to fix the issue and enable all the applications to run smoothly in the OS. So, you must begin with this and to engrain the same, you will have to follow the steps listed below.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Windows Update Settings’ in the search bar and then hit on ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on the screen which will show the salient features of the Windows Update settings.
- Now, click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ button which is located at the left end of the page.
- Thereafter, you will find a few additional settings on the right side of the page; navigate for ‘Windows Update’ and then click on it.
- Soon, you will get another option, i.e. ‘Run the troubleshooter’ beneath ‘Windows Update’ and your job is to click on that option.
- Now relax and give some time to Windows to fix the update issue.
How to add Public DNS to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024402c
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ key to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Now, type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the box without an inverted comma and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, the Network Connections page will appear on the screen which will show the available network. Now, select the network which is connected with the device and double-click on it to access its properties.
- Clicking on the properties tab will offer the additional settings in a new window, select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and then click on ‘Properties’ tab, located at the bottom of the Windows.
- Again, a new window will appear which will help you to make changes in the IP settings. Now, click on the radio button, ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- In the Preferred DNS Server, enter the values 22.214.171.124
- In the Alternate DNS Server, enter the values 126.96.36.199
- After entering the values in the DNS server, click on the OK button.
- That’s it, now restart your computer.
Enable ‘Automatically detect settings’ from LAN
Windows update error 0x8024402c windows 7 users can fix by enabling this feature from LAN. The process is very simple and for your solace, the steps are listed below which will help you to accomplish the task effectively.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Internet Options’ in the search bar and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear which will show the ‘Internet Properties’, click on the ‘Connections’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Soon, you will find a few options on the page, move to the LAN section and click on ‘LAN settings’.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, click on the checkbox ‘Automatically detect settings’ and after that click on ‘OK’ button.
Revise the value of Automatic Updates from Registry Editor
- First and foremost, press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Now, type ‘regedit’ in the Run box and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, Registry Editor Window will appear, select ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ and click on the arrow button to expand its features.
- Now, select Software and further select Policies from the list of software.
- Under the Policy section, you will find the ‘Microsoft’ folder, select the one and then choose the ‘Windows’ folder.
- In the ‘Windows’ section of the registry editor, you will find ‘Windows Update’, click on the arrow key to expand it and from there, select ‘AU’.
- Now select ‘UseWUServer’ from the right end of the page, double-click on it and then enter 0 in the field of value data.
- However, if you don’t find such file at the right end of the page, then don’t worry. Just right-click anywhere on the right end, select DWORD (32bit) value from the ‘New’ menu and then provide it the name as UseWUServer.
- Now keep the value 0 and click on the ‘OK’ button.
That’s it; this will resolve windows update error 0x8024402c Windows 7. However, if the issue still appears, then you can clear the data from the exception box of the Proxy settings. The process is simple and the detailed method for the same is listed beneath.
Wipe out the data from the exception box in the Proxy settings
- To do this, open Internet Options box and for the same, click on the ‘Start’ icon, type ‘Internet Options’ in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Now, click on the ‘connections’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘LAN settings’.
- Now, move to the ‘Proxy server’ section and click on the checkbox ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ and further click on ‘Advanced’ button.
- Soon, you will find ‘Proxy Settings’ windows, move to the ‘Exceptions’ section and then clear all the data from the box.
- After completing the task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Apply the above-said methods properly to get rid of Windows update error 0x8024402c. However, if you still facing the problem, then contact us to get the advanced solutions. Our techies will look after this issue and within a short span of time, they will fix it.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows Error 0x8000ffff?
Liked the Guide? Don’t Forget to Share with your Family & Friends