To avoid any future threats to your computer it is always advisable to keep your system always updated. Installing Windows Update regularly is an essential part to keep your system error-free. But many a time you end up with some error code pop-up on your display instructing about error code 80070103 on Windows Update. We understand it is quite frustrating seeing the error when you don’t know how to deal about it. Well, friends, Devicetricks have brought you some preventive measures to fix error code 80070103. But prior to that let’s get know what is this Windows Update error 800070103.
What is Windows Update Error 800070103 Code?
The Windows update error 80070103 simply warns you that you may be trying to install a device driver that is already being installed on your computer or in other sense it has a lower compatibility rating that the one is already on your PC i.e. the driver on your computer is better. In addition to this, the other reason could be up-gradation of your existing Windows OS or when the device driver is outdated or is not working properly. If you encounter this error with warning message then don’t panic and just follow our tutorial to resolve the error code 80070103
Best Solutions to fix Windows update error code 80070103
- Hiding the updates – If the device driver is working properly it is not important to install the driver. You should only hide the updates
- Manually installing the drivers – If the device driver is causing you trouble you need to manually install it.
- Configuring proxy server settings – Incorrect configuration of proxy Server settings will also result in the Windows Update error 80070103 Code.
Step by step solutions of this error along with images are listed below
1. Hide the updates
- Press Windows + S, and type Control Panel in the dialogue box and select System and Security to open the application.
- Choose System from the listed menu of System and Security.
- Under System application, choose Advanced System Settings from the left-hand side panel.
- Open the Hardware tab and click on Device Installation Settings.
- Select No (your device might not work as expected) and proceed to save changes.
- Restart the computer after making the necessary changes and now the Windows update error 80070103 will not prompt on the screen.
2. Manually installing the Drivers
- Before installing the drivers first completely uninstall the currently installed drivers using (Display Driver Uninstaller).
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and press enter.
- Once the device manager is open expand the Display adapters
- Right-click on the device under Display adapters and select Update driver.
- Under Update driver select second option Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now navigate to the location where you download the driver and install it accordingly by following the instruction on the screen.
- Restart the computer after finishing the updating the driver and check if the problem has resolved for error code 80070103 Windows Update.
3. Configuring Proxy Server settings
- Press Windows key +R and type cmd in the dialogue box and press enter to open the command prompt
- Type netsh winhttp show proxy into the prompt.
- You should be able to view your proxy server settings but if you receive a message indicating Direct Access (no proxy server).
- In this case press Windows + R key and type cmd in the dialogue box. Once the command prompt is open, type sfc/scannow and hit enter.
- Wait till the scanning gets completed, doing this will help you to automatically check any issues in Windows OS.
- Restart the PC and look out if the Windows update error 80070103 has gone or not.
If there are more such problems you are willing to solve and looking out for a proper solution to fix it. Devicetricks are always acquainted and capable to solve these kinds of problems in any gadgets such as computers and mobiles. Visit our website to follow our posts on some interesting topics. If you like the post and it has helped you in fixing your problems please like, share and follow us to be in touch with our new upcoming guides.