Steam store is not loading! Sounds like your problem? Folks you are not the only one to encounter with this kind of error. There are many like you facing the same problem and wonder how to resolve the issue.
Devicetricks is the right platform where you can access free tutorials to fix ‘Steam Store is not loading’ problem. But before that let’s have a close insight into the problem first.
- 1 An outlook to ‘Steam Store is not loading’ problem
- 2 Conclusion
An outlook to ‘Steam Store is not loading’ problem
Steam store is a digital platform opened for all the game lovers. Steam offers video games, matchmaking servers, video streaming, game installation, and update service.
With this, all good features it has attracted millions of users to be part of it, but many users complaint of ‘Steam Store is not loading’ problem after updating the steam. This might be because of some problem in HTML cache or it just a bad network. In this article, we will try to troubleshoot this problem.
How to fix ‘Steam Store is not loading’ problem
Listed solutions are easy to apply and effective to solve the problem. These steps are applicable for Windows 10/8/7. Let’s have a look at them.
Clear the HTML Cache
HTML cache slows down your game browsers and this can be one of the reasons for not loading the steam store. From the experts, it’s been advised to clean the cache once in 2 or 3 weeks.
- Escape from the steam client.
- Press Win + R to open the Run program and add control in the open box. Click OK to open the control panel.
- Search File Explorer Option in the search box on the right-hand side corner.
- Click the File Explorer Option. Select the View option from the tab. Check for the dialogue instructing Show hidden files, folders and drives. Apply the changes done.
- Once again open the Run program by pressing Win +R and type C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Steam\htmlcache to open the HTML Cache folder. Then clear all the data from the cache folder.
- By executing these step if your problem is still not fixed try another method.
Clear Download Cache
Sometimes deleting downloaded cache helps in resolving the problem. A step by step procedure is listed below to solve the error.
- Run flushconfig by pressing Win + R. Type steam://flushconfig in the open box.
- Click OK to clear all the downloaded Cache.
- Restart the Steam Store and see if the store loads properly. Hopefully, this might fix the problem if not try the next method.
To fix the game bugs Update Steam is another method to resolve the issue. Let’s have a look.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl, Shift, and Esc altogether.
- Select Steam Client Bootstrapper (32 bit) and End the task.
- Open the Run program and type c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam. Press OK to open the folder.
- Delete all folders except Steamapps, Skins, user data, steam.exe and Ssfn files (More than one)
- Relaunch the Steam Application. It will automatically update and again sign in to check whether the Steam Store Load properly.
Turn off the Compatibility mode
Steam does not run smoothly when compatibility mode is on. So it is preferred to turn it off to fix the problem.
- Open the Run Program and type c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam. Press OK to open the folder.
- Right-click on Steam.exe and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and uncheck all the boxes shown there. Click Change settings for all users.
- Uncheck all the boxes and Apply > OK then run the steam again and look out if the problem is solved or not.
Try Big Picture Mode
Running Steam in Big Picture Mode is a proven solution for many users. Hope this will fix your problem.
- On the bottom of your Desktop right click on Steam Client and Select Big Picture. Wish this will fix your problem.
Use the shortcut to launch Steam
- Open a Run Program and type c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam to open the folder.
- Search and right-click on Steam.exe and create a shortcut.
- Right Click on Steam.exe shortcut and click Properties.
- In the Shortcut tab, you need to add “-no-cef-sandbox” in Target Box but prior to that don’t forget to leave a space at the end of Target Box.
- Double-click on the steam.exe shortcut and launch the steam again.
Hopefully, we think your Steam store is now loading properly without a hitch. These top 6 solutions for” How to fix the Steam Store is not loading” problem may have helped a lot to solve the problem. We are here to answer this type of question by 24*7. Please share, like and comment below if you have any thought or query.