Most of the Windows users reported an issue ‘service registration is missing or corrupt Windows 10’. This is a common Windows problem and if you are on the same platform then don’t get annoyed as here, you will get the effective and comprehensive solutions against the issue.
- 1 Why Windows Update is showing service registration is missing or corrupt?
- 2 Steps to fix service registration is missing or corrupt?
- 3 Conclusion
Why Windows Update is showing service registration is missing or corrupt?
Windows Updates is one of the features of the Windows 10 which regularly updates the applications, services and much more in a course of time and enables the users to access the OS smoothly. However, if you have changed the Windows Update settings from Automatic to Manual and forgot to update Windows 10, then this might be one of the reasons behind an error ‘service registration is missing or corrupt windows 10’. Well, the secondary reason is the failure of the system registry.
Steps to fix service registration is missing or corrupt?
Windows 10 offers Windows Troubleshooter whose prime goal is to detect the issue and fix it at an immediate effect. But, sometimes the troubleshooter fail to perform the action due to the issue and at this point, you will have to perform the task and that also manually. Now, get ready for the effective solution against an error ‘service registration is missing or corrupt’
Delete the Threshold Option value from the Registry Editor
This is a method which will help you to repair the system registry and removing the values will fix the above-said issue. But, before moving ahead, make sure you retain the backup of the registry. Now follow the steps listed beneath and apply it effectively.
- Open Run dialog box and the procedure for the same is easy, just press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key simultaneously.
- Now, type ‘regedit’ in the box and click on ‘OK’ button.
- After that, you will find Registry Editor on the screen, now locate ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES and after finding the same, click on the arrow button to expand its features.
- From the list of featured options of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES, select ‘SOFTWARE’ and further click on the arrow key to get access in the ‘Microsoft folder.
- In the ‘Microsoft’ folder, you will get several options, scroll down the page and select ‘Windows SelfHost’. Now, click on the arrow key and select ‘Applicability’.
- After clicking on the ‘Applicability’ folder, you will get a few additional files on the right panel. Navigate for the ThresholdOptedln value and then delete the same.
- That’s it, now close the Registry Editor.
Run SFC Command to repair the system files
The error service registration is missing or corrupt can appear anytime on your screen if the system files are damaged or corrupted. So, you must fix these files with the inbuilt tool of Windows 10, i.e. SFC. Now, follow the steps listed below and execute it effectively.
- Press the ‘Start’ key and then type ‘Command prompt’ in the search bar.
- Now, highlight the Command Prompt which you got from the search result and then right-click on it to choose an option ‘Run as an administrator’.
- In the command box, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and make sure to exclude the inverted comma.
- After typing the command, hit the Enter button and allow Windows to repair the system files.
Enable Windows Update Services
The error service registration is missing or corrupt is stating that the Windows Update Services are stopped and you need to start those services again to get rid of this issue. There are few services in which you need to perform the action and for your convenience, the steps are listed beneath.
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Now, type ‘services.msc’ in the box and hit the Enter button.
- Thereafter, Services page will appear on the screen, scroll down the page and select an option ‘Windows Update’.
- After selecting an option ‘Windows Update’, right-click on it and choose an option ‘properties’ from the drop-down menu.
- Soon, a new window will open and it will show various tabs, click on ‘General’ located at the top of the page and move to the ‘Startup type’.
- In the ‘Startup type,’ you will find the feature is ‘Manual’ and your job is to keep it in ‘Automatic’ mode. Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- However, if you see the service status in stopped mode, then click on the ‘Start’ button.
- After completing the task, click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, close the ‘Windows Update Properties’ box.
Enable Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- Open ‘Run’ box as described in the above method.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the box and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Now, select ‘Background Intelligent Transfer Service’ from the Service window.
- After selecting that option, right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
- Now, move to the ‘Startup type’ and keep it on ‘Automatic mode’.
- However, if the service status is showing stopped, then click on the ‘Start’ button.
Turn Off Windows Defender
Sometimes, Windows Defender prevents the applications to update properly and as a result, an issue ‘service registration is missing or corrupt’ arises. So, disable Windows Defender temporarily to resolve an issue.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and after that hit ‘Enter’.
- Thereafter, a new window will open and it will show several options, select ‘Windows Firewall’ from the list.
- After that, you will be directed to another page and it will show the features of the Windows Firewall. Take a glance at the left end of the page and here, you will get an option ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall ON or Off, click on it.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to the customized settings of the Firewall. Now, click on the button ‘Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall’ and further click on ‘OK’ button.
These were the effective solutions to fix an issue ‘service registration is missing or corrupt Windows 10’. However, if the issue still persists, then call us immediately to get an instant solution. Our techies will guide you and will assist you in all possible manners to fix the above-said issue. We offer services 24*7, so you can contact us anytime for the effective solution against any issue of Windows Operating System. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.