In this guide, today I will show you the most common problems in Windows 10 and how to fix them. Keep reading!
Undoubtedly, Windows 10 is one of the best operating system designed and developed by Microsoft Inc. The features are outstanding and the improvements done on the previous version by the Microsoft are incredible. Although most of the users have applauded the same, to the fact, the software always comes with the bugs and Windows 10 is not apart from it.
Sometimes, Windows 10 Operating System does not support the other software and is incompatible with the drivers. So, if you are facing the issues on Windows 10 and need to fix it, then you are at right place. Here, you will get to know about the common problems of Windows 10 with the solution.
- 1 Most common problems in Windows 10: Solutions
- 1.1 1. Windows 10 Failed to Install Updates: Solution
- 1.2 2. Windows 10 Touchpad Issue: Solution
- 1.3 3. Windows 10 Running slower than usual: Solution
- 1.4 4. Windows 10 Drivers Installing Automatically: Solution
- 1.5 5. Windows 10 Battery Draining too fast- the most common problems in Windows 10: Solution
- 1.6 6. Windows 10 Wi-Fi not working– the most common problems in Windows 10: Solution
- 1.7 7. Windows 10 App Store crashes while installing the app: Solution
- 1.8 8. Windows 10 Flickering Screen: Solution
- 1.9 9. Windows 10 Start Menu Failed to Open: Solution
- 1.10 10. Windows 10 MS Office displays ‘File is Corrupt’: Solution
- 2 Conclusion:
Most common problems in Windows 10: Solutions
1. Windows 10 Failed to Install Updates: Solution
The updates are entirely necessary for the apps and drivers to run smoothly. So, Windows has an inbuilt feature to update the same periodically. However, sometimes the updated files get corrupted, and due to this, the issue arises.
Solution: The solution is quite simple, and you need to remove the corrupted files, and the detailed procedure for the same is listed below.
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘C:\Windows\software distribution\download ‘and click on ‘OK’ button.
- After that, a new window will open, and your task is to select all the files and delete them.
- After finishing the above task, restart your computer and run the Windows update.
- This time, Windows will start updating.
2. Windows 10 Touchpad Issue: Solution
If Touchpad is not working properly, they might be it is disabled, or drivers are outdated. So, don’t get annoyed at all, go through the solution part and fix the issue.
Solution: There are two solutions for this issue, first enable the touchpad and then update the drivers. So, follow the step by step guidance and resolve the issue.
- Go to ‘Windows Setting’ by pressing ‘Windows’ key and ‘I’ key together.
- Now click on ‘Devices’.
- A ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ page will appear, click on ‘Touchpad’ located at the left end of the page.
- In the ‘Touchpad’ page, you will find ‘Additional Settings’ located at the right end of the page, click on it.
- After that, the ‘Mouse Properties’ tab will appear on your screen. Now, click on ‘Device Setting’ tab.
- Under the ‘Devices’ section, select your touchpad and if it is ‘Disabled’ then click on the ‘Enable’ button.
- Hover your cursor to the Windows start icon, right-click on it and select ‘Device Manager’. For an alternate way, you can press ‘Windows’ key and ‘X’ key together.
- Now, select ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ and then click on the arrow button to expand the features.
- Select the device, right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’.
- After updating, restart your computer.
3. Windows 10 Running slower than usual: Solution
Windows 10 is the fastest OS launched by Microsoft so far but some sorts of applications disrupt its behavior and thus became the prime reason to slow down the PC.
Solution: You need to clean your PC by removing the unnecessary files. Windows 10 offer ‘Disk Cleanup’ feature which will perform this operation. So, let’s begin the process.
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Type ‘Disk Cleanup’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, select the ‘Driver’ from the list of available drivers, by default, it is ‘C’ so keep it as it is and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- The Disk Cleanup will do the rest of the job.
Hide Microsoft Services
- Click on the Windows Start icon, type ‘System Configuration’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- Now, click on the ‘Services’ tab and here you will find the list of services.
- At the bottom of the windows, you will find ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ click on it and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
4. Windows 10 Drivers Installing Automatically: Solution
Drivers play a crucial role and hence allow Windows to run smoothly. However, sometimes Windows 10 abruptly behave amiss and start downloading the drivers automatically.
Solution: Disable Automatic driver update
- Hover your cursor to ‘My PC’ right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
- Click on ‘Advanced System Setting’ featured at the left end of the screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Hardware’ tab and select ‘Device Installation Settings’.
- After that, a new window will appear featured with two options; select ‘No (your device might not work as expected)’ and click on ‘Save Changes’.
5. Windows 10 Battery Draining too fast- the most common problems in Windows 10: Solution
The applications running on the background consumes enough battery and this result to the fast drainage of the battery.
Solution: The solution is quite simple; stop the background applications which are unnecessarily running. So, let’s begin with the ‘Cortana Virtual Assistant’.
- Click on the Windows Start icon and type ‘Cortana’.
- In the left end of the page, you will find a few options, click on ‘Talk to Cortana’.
- Now, move to the section ‘Hey Cortana’ and sub-section will feature Let Cortana respond to “Hey Cortana”, slide the button in disable mode.
6. Windows 10 Wi-Fi not working– the most common problems in Windows 10: Solution
If your Wi-Fi is not discovering the available networks, the problem might be from the end of the drivers.
Solution: After updating the drivers, the issue will be resolved, and the detailed procedure is mentioned below.
- Click on the Start Menu and type ‘Device Manager’.
- Move to the ‘Network Adapter’ section, click on the arrow button to expand.
- After that, you will get the list and from the same, select the relevant one.
- Now, right-click on the chosen item and then, click on ‘Update driver software’.
7. Windows 10 App Store crashes while installing the app: Solution
Excess Caches on the App Store is the reason behind the issue.
Solution: You will have to wipe out the caches to fix this issue, and the process is quite easy, and for your solace, the dame is listed below.
- Open ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Type ‘WSReset.exe’ in the box and hit ‘Enter’.
- After that, a black command prompt will appear on your screen, and it means the operation is under process.
- After finishing the process, restart your computer.
8. Windows 10 Flickering Screen: Solution
This is the most annoying issue and arises due to the corrupt driver or applications.
Solution: Make sure the applications are properly installed especially the Antivirus. If the issue persists, then reinstall the applications. Also, ensure that the installed drivers are up to date.
9. Windows 10 Start Menu Failed to Open: Solution
Sometimes, Start Menu fails to display the menu even after pressing the ‘Windows’ key.
Solution: To resolve such an issue, you need to perform a few steps in the command prompt, and the methods for the same are listed below.
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Now you need to give a command ‘sfc/scannow’ in the box and then hit ‘Enter’.
- Soon, you will discover a black command prompt box, and after a passage of time, it will disappear automatically.
- After that, you will have to restart your computer.
10. Windows 10 MS Office displays ‘File is Corrupt’: Solution
MS office is one of the best suites for documents but sometimes it abruptly amiss, and as a result, the error occurs. The reason behind the same is the protected feature of MS Office.
Solution: To fix an issue, you will have to repair the MS Office and for the same follow the steps listed below.
- Click on ‘Windows Start’ icon and select ‘Settings’.
- From the list of available options, select ‘Apps & features’.
- Now, scroll down the page and click on MS Office.
- Here, you will find two options; Modify and Uninstall.
- Click on ‘Modify’ and soon you will get another three options; ‘Add or Remove Features’, ‘Repair’ and ‘Remove’.
- Select any one option as per your convenience.
- That’s it, the problem is solved.
On the off chance, if you have any other issue apart from these, then you may contact us for the support. We are a leading technical support firm offering a wide range of solution against the issues so that you can take the assistance anytime as per your solace.