Have you ever met with a situation when downloading steam or updating the same and an error flashes on your screen ‘failed to download the steam’, it means there is a problem in the system due to which steam download stopping issue arises and it becomes really tough to download the steam application just because steam downloads keep stopping. There may be ample of reasons behind such an issue, but here you will get the master solutions which will help you to resolve the above-mentioned issue easily.
- 0.1 How to fix Steam Download Stopping Issue
- 1 Conclusion
How to fix Steam Download Stopping Issue
1] Change the Bandwidth
Bandwidth plays a key role to download the steam application. If you have kept the high limit then keep it in low. Make sure not to keep too high nor too low, just set the bandwidth at a moderate level.
- Launch Steam.
- Click on the ‘Steam’ tab located at the top of the page and select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- At the left end of the settings page, you will get a few options, click on ‘Downloads’.
- Now move to the ‘Limit Bandwidth to’ section and then click on the arrow button to access the speed limits.
- Select the limit as per the speed provided by your ISP.
- After completing the above steps, close the steam and launch it again.
2] Synchronize Date and Time in Windows 10
Steam is an application that needs real-time to operate and most of the time it happens that time set in your system and the needed time required by the steam differs and due to the same, the steam downloads keep stopping issue arises. So, to fix the same you need to reconcile the time.
- Press the ‘Start’ menu, type Control Panel in the search bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- A control panel page will feature on the screen, move to the ‘clock and region’ section.
- Now select ‘Date and Time’
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear, click on the ‘Internet Time’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Now, click on ‘Change settings’ listed at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure to click on the checkbox ‘Synchronize with an Internet time server’.
- And then click on the ‘Update now’ button located in the server section.
- After completing the above task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it; now restart the steam.
3] Update Network Driver
Since the issue steam download stopped is related to the Internet and you can’t leave the network driver for steam download stopping fix as the driver plays a significant role and enable the application to perform smoothly. So, if you have not updated the driver then follow the steps listed beneath.
- If you are accessing Windows 10 then move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it to get the list of applications and then click on ‘Device Manager’.
- After that, a Device Manager page will appear and you just need to move to the ‘Network Adapter’ section.
- Now, click on the arrow button located at the parallel of the Network adapter to get the drivers list.
- Select the driver, right-click on it and then click on ‘Update Driver’.
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear, click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Now wait for a while and allow the Windows to update the network driver.
4] Connect Steam to Internet
Steam has a feature of Offline and Online mode which are used to access the Internet and if it is in offline mode, then the steam download stopped issue arises. So, you need to turn the Steam in online mode and the process for the same is listed beneath.
- Launch Steam.
- Click on the ‘Steam’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Thereafter, a drop-down menu will appear and you just need to click on ‘Go Online’.
- Soon, a pop-up window will appear and you will have to click on ‘RESTART AND GO ONLINE’.
5] Turn off Windows Defender
Most of the time it happens that Windows Defender becomes the hurdle in the way of smooth performance of the Steam and led to Steam download stopped error. So, you can disable Windows defender for resolving the issue.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Edit group policy’ in the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on the screen that will feature multiple options at the left end of the page, click on ‘Computer Configuration’.
- Soon, additional options will appear on the screen, click on ‘Administrative Templates’.
- Move to the ‘Windows Components’ section.
- After that, a list of Windows files will feature on the screen, scroll down the page and select ‘Windows Defender Antivirus’.
- In the Windows Defender Antivirus list, you will find an option ‘Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus’, click on it.
- Now restart your computer.
6] Enable .NET
This is another method to resolve the Steam download stopping issue and you just need to enable .NET. Most of the time, it happens that by default .NET is disabled and due to the same the issue arises. The .NET framework enables the game to perform smoothly in the OS. Now follow the steps to turn ON .NET framework.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now select ‘Programs’ from the control panel page.
- In the ‘Programs and Features’ section, you will find the button ‘Turn Windows features on or off’, click on it.
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear and you need to click on the checkbox ‘.NET framework’ and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now restart your computer and then launch the Steam and this time it will work smoothly.
Hence, these were the efficient solutions against Steam download stopped error. However, if you failed to resolve the issue and need the assistance, then describe it in the comment box and our geeks will help you to resolve the issue in a short time.