Microsoft offered Windows 10 OS to the users with multiple features and one such is the prevention of damage of the computer. Being so much popular OS, sometimes users are facing Blue Screen of Death issues. One such issue is THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen of Death error. It is the most common error, so you need not worry.
You can fix this error easily by following these possible solutions. Before proceeding towards the solutions let us know the probable causes behind the 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error. Keep reading!
What does Blue Screen of Death 0x000000EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER mean?
In most of the cases, 0x000000EA error occurs when a PC user attempts to play an HD game or use multimedia. This attempt of launching the game forces the device driver to get stuck in an infinite loop. Whenever you are trying to reboot your Windows computer suddenly it will stop working and it is stuck in thread stuck in device driver and you will face an outdated driver issue or Blue Screen appears with THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error 0x000000EA code. It means, there is a problem on your PC and sometimes the system will restart itself to prevent the damage.
As per most of the user’s comment, the main reason behind this BSOD is corrupted or virus-infected AMD and Nvidia graphics cards.
Why THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error occurs?
Outdated or conflicting graphic card driver: If your Graphics card driver is outdated or didn’t compatible with the current requirement of the Windows 10, then you will get the error 0x000000EA code. So, to fix the same, you will have to update the driver.
Improper Installation of Software: If you have installed any software which is incompatible with Windows 10, then the above said issue will arise even though the computer blue screen when idle in mode can be fixed by removing such software.
Hardware Acceleration: Windows 10 has a hardware acceleration feature and when it is enabled, then your computer boosts the graphics at maximum speed and hence Blue Screen error 0x000000EA may occur.
BIOS: If you are accessing the outdated BIOS, then THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Blue Screen error 0x000000EA appears and to fix the same, you need the updated BIOS.
Overclocking of CPU or GPU: Overclocked CPU may also create a blue screen of death error 0x000000EA.
RAM issues: Some users reported that their RAM was not supporting the operation and that’s why they encountered this issue.
Antivirus or Firewall issues: Sometimes your antivirus or firewall may treat device driver as malware and start creating such issues.
How to fix THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error?
After thorough research, I have listed some practical solutions to fix this issue. You can try these solutions one by one until you get rid of this error. Definitely you will end happily. Let’s start:
- Move to the Start menu and then right-click on it to choose Device Manager.
- Thereafter, the Device Manager window will open and here you need to select Display Adapter.
- Now double click on Display Adapter to open the list of drivers.
- After getting the required list, select the one and then right-click on it to choose Update driver.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will open that will give you an option to update the driver, make sure to select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration acts as a catalyst and boosts up the hardware components so that the system may work efficiently even at heavy loads. However, if the applications are running a task, then it will use the standard CPU, but if there are more tasks beyond the CPU capacity to handle it, then Hardware Acceleration plays its role. In most of the computers, hardware acceleration is enabled by default, so you need to disable it manually.
- First and foremost, minimize all the applications and then right-click on the empty space of Desktop.
- Now, select Display Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter a new window will open and here you need to scroll down the page and then click on the Advanced Display Settings.
- Soon, you will be directed to another window and here you need to click on Display adapter properties for Display 1.
- After that, a graphic properties window will open and here you need to click on the Troubleshoot tab that is located at the top of the window.
Note: If you get the Troubleshoot tab, proceed to the further steps else it means, your system is not capable of the Hardware Acceleration.
- Now click on Change Settings located at the bottom of the page.
- The above step will direct you to the Display Adapter Troubleshooter window and here you need to use the slider to keep the Hardware Acceleration in None Mode.
- That’s it; your task is done.
Use Registry Editor
- However, if the above feature is greyed out, then open the Run box by pressing the Windows logo and R keys together.
- Now, type regedit in the box and then press the Enter key.
- Thereafter registry window will open and here you need to navigate for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics
- In the Microsoft folder, look for the Avalon.Graphics card registry entry, if you get the file, select it and double click on it to change the value of DWORD Disable Hardware Acceleration from 0 to 1.
- Now close the registry editor window and your job is done.
Remove Overclocking of CPU
As we have already discussed that if you are facing the blue screen error code 0x000000EA then overclocked CPU can’t handle the operations and to fix the error you have to revert back your CPU to its base clock speed. Follow the procedure carefully to revert back because if it is not done properly then it may cause unrecoverable damage to your system.
Whenever you turn ON your computer, BIOS is the first component that loads and after that Operating System loads. However, if the BIOS is outdated, then it will not allow other applications to run and hence Blue Screen error 0x000000EA will arise.
So, it is always advised to use the updated BIOS and if you are using the older version, then visit the official website of the PC manufacturer to update the BIOS but before that check the System Information whether it supports 64 bit Windows or 32 bit Windows.
Re-install Graphics Card
- Open the Device Manager window as you did in the previous steps.
- Now, select Display Adapter and then double click on it to open the list of drivers.
- After completing the above task, select, the driver, right-click on it and then choose an option ‘Uninstall driver’ from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, a new pop-up window will open for the confirmation, click on Uninstall.
Disable Antivirus temporarily
If you have installed any third-party antivirus, then you need to disable the same. Windows 10 has Windows Defender, so you can disable any third-party antivirus to prevent the conflict between the two which may result in an issue.
So, these were effective solutions against THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Blue Screen of death error 0x000000EA. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page.