Microsoft Operating System comes with SCSI Class System Files and one such is the CLASSPNP.SYS which enables the users to access the OS smoothly. However, if the driver gets corrupted or failed to respond, then SYS file error arises which is usually known as CLASSPNP.SYS error.
What is classpnp.sys BSOD Error?
As stated earlier, CLASSPNP.SYS is a Window SCSI Class System File which comes with the Windows Operating System. Whenever the system detects the faulty hardware or corrupt drivers, then CLASSPNP.SYS error arises in which the display of the computer turns blue and hence, it comes under the category of Blue Screen of Death error.
Solutions to fix the classpnp.sys BSOD Error in Windows 7 or 10
So, if you are facing CLASSPNP.SYS BLUE SCREEN error then don’t get worried as there are ample solutions that will help you to fix the error. Now, go through the below-mentioned solutions to resolve the issue.
1] Update Device Drivers to Fix classpnp.sys BSOD Error
No doubt the drivers enable the OS to run smoothly but sometimes, they failed to respond or stopped working due to multiple reasons. So, you will have to look at the drivers and make sure they are updated and for your solace, the detailed steps are listed below.
- If you are using Windows 10, then hover your mouse cursor to the Start menu and then right-click on it.
- Soon, you will get a list of applications, select ‘Device Manager’.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on the screen which will feature a list of drivers.
- Now, select the disk drive, click on the arrow button to get the featured driver.
- Now select the driver, right-click on it and then choose an option ‘Update Driver’.
2] Run System File Checker to Solve classpnp.sys Error
SFC is an inbuilt feature that scans and repairs the corrupted or missing files. The task is quite simple and following the same will help you to get rid of CLASSPNP.SYS BSOD error. Now, go through the steps listed beneath.
- First and foremost, right-click on the Start icon.
- From the list, click on Command Prompt (Admin) to run the cmd as an administrator. If the confirmation box appears, then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Thereafter, you will get a command box and here you will have to type “sfc/scannow” without quotation mark and then press the Enter key.
- The system will take some time to scan the corrupted or missing files. So have patience and give time to your PC to fix the issue.
3] Remove Hardware to Fix classpnp.sys Error
The prime reason for an error CLASSPNP.SYS BLUE SCREEN is the faulty hardware. So, you must remove the recently added video card, RAM stick and others to fix the issue. However, if you have not inserted any such hardware recently, then remove the wireless card and restart your computer. If the issue is resolved, then insert the respective cards.
If your PC has multiple slots and you are using a single slot RAM, then change the slot and restart your computer.
4] Get access to your PC via Safe Mode
If the error won’t allow you to access the Login Panel then you can use the Safe Mode feature to fix the issue.
- Make sure your PC is turned off.
- Now turn ON your PC and when you will find the login panel on your screen, then press the Power button to turn off the PC completely.
- Soon, you will get the “Preparing Automatic Display” logo on your screen. However, if you didn’t find such a logo, then repeat the above-mentioned steps.
- Thereafter, you will get two tabs, i.e. ‘Advanced Options’ and ‘Restart’, click on ‘Advanced Options’.
- After that, the Windows will offer you an additional three options, select ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Now, move in the ‘Advanced Options’ listed in the ‘Troubleshoot’ section.
- In the ‘Advanced Options,’ you will get a list of options, select ‘Startup Settings’
- And then click on ‘Restart’.
- After restarting the Windows, you will get a series of options; press key 5 to enter the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once you get access in the Safe Mode, run SFC and update the driver.
5] Uninstall the software or applications which are recently installed
Sometimes, the apps or the software become the prime reason behind an issue ‘CLASSPNP.SYS’ and due to the same, the OS failed to respond properly. So, to resolve an issue you will have to uninstall such applications or software. The process is simple and the steps for the same are mentioned below.
- Open Control Panel by pressing Win+X+P keys together. Thereafter, a new window will appear which will show the list of applications and computer features.
- Move to the ‘Programs’ section.
- Soon, you will get the bunch of applications, select the one which you have recently installed and then right-click and choose to ‘’Uninstall’ the software from your system.
- If it will ask for a confirmation message, click on ‘Yes’ button to uninstall the program.
6] System Restore to Fix classpnp.sys Blue Screen Error
- This is a unique feature provided by the Windows OS which reverts back the PC to the working condition. So, if you can log in to your computer and want to restore the system, then click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘System Restore’ in the search bar and hit ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to ‘Create a System Restore Point’. Perform the task and click on the ‘OK’ button.
However, if you failed to login to your PC, then you can restore your PC through the boot process.
- Turn off your PC and then turn it ON.
- If you find the Login panel in the display, then press the Power button to turn off the PC completely.
- Now, turn ON the PC and then the display will show ‘Preparing Automatic Repair’ and beneath the same, it will show ‘Advanced Options’, click on it.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
- In the Troubleshoot section, you will get an ‘Advanced options’ feature, click on it.
- Now click on ‘System Restore’.
- And then the Windows will show the restore points, select the one and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- That’s it, after completing the above task, click on ‘Finish’ button and soon you will get the PC in the working condition.
Hence, these were effective solutions to fix CLASSPNP.SYS BSOD issue. However, if you stuck amid the process or need any assistance, then post in the comment box and thereafter the techies will effectively assist you.