If your computer repeatedly restarts and showing Blue Screen with an error SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE, it means the Page Table Entry (PTE) was accessed inappropriate way and it is a security issue caused due to corrupt or outdated hardware. It is one of the most annoying errors encountered in Windows that can crash your system. So, if you met with this issue, then don’t get stressed as here you will get some fruitful solutions that will resolve the issue.
What is SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE Stop Code?
The SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE bug has a check value of 0x000000DA. This indicates that a page table entry (PTE) has been inappropriately accessed. This type of Blue Screen error occurs due to the hardware problems, such as any incompatible device in your PC and system file corruption.
If any system driver for particular hardware gets corrupt, it will not be able to recognize that external device and will lead to the crashing of the system with a Blue Screen of Death Error.
Why SYSTEM_ PTE_ MISUSE Blue Screen Error occurs?
- Two different security technologies i.e. PTT and TPM.
- Wrongly configured, old, or damaged system drivers.
- Damaged hard disk.
- Due to memory (RAM) corruption.
- Virus or Malware Infection.
- Clash of Driver due to newly installed hardware.
- Windows registry database corruption.
So, these were the major factors behind the issue and due to this some Vista users also reported an error Windows Defender not working Vista. So, resolving the security errors and fixing the drivers and hardware will eradicate the entire issues.
Fix SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE Blue Screen Errors
In this tutorial, you ‘ll find instructions on how to resolve the “SYSTEM PTE MISUSE” blue screen error when installing Windows. Keep reading!
Trusted Platform Module is a system firmware offers security to the OS. The SYSTEM _PTE_ MISUSE Blue Screen Errors arises due to security reasons and disabling TPM may resolve the issue. So, you need to perform the task in BIOS.
- Turn off your PC completely.
- Now turn ON your computer and on the screen, you will get access to enter the BIOS by pressing the relevant key. The keys are different for different models and amid doing the task, the key will flash on the screen, so press it to enter the Setup zone. Generally, the keys are Del, F1, F2, F10 and more.
- After landing into the BIOS Setup page, you will find few tabs listed at the top of the page, use the arrows key to select ‘Security’.
- Now, move to ‘TPM Embedded Security’ and turns the radio button to ‘Hide’ mode.
- After performing the above task, save the settings and exit the BIOS Setup page.
- Now restart your computer.
Disable PTT security in BIOS
If you are facing this error 0x000000DA error on your Dell computer then you can enter the BIOS and uncheck PTT security and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
During the boot process, press F2 key to enter the BIOS > Security tab > PTT Security section and uncheck the “PTT On” box.
Restart your computer and check for the error.
- Press ‘Windows’ and ‘X’ keys together to open the shortcut menu.
- Now, click on ‘Device Manager’.
- Thereafter, the Device Manager page will appear on your screen, select ‘Display Adapter’.
- Click on the arrow button that is located at the left side of the Display Adapter and this will give you the list of drivers.
- After getting the list, select the driver, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update Driver’.
- Now, the Windows will look for the update and after the completion of the process, restart your computer.
Roll Back Driver
If you have recently updated any driver then there may be chances to encounter this error. In this case, you can go back to the previous version of the driver by following these steps:
- Click on the Start button.
- Search for the Device Manager and click on the result.
- Now expand the category with the problem and right-click on it and select Properties option.
- Click on Driver Tab.
- Click on Rollback Driver option.
- Select the option to answer and click on Yes.
Once you have successfully rollback driver the recent driver will get replaced by the older one and check for the 0x000000DA error.
Run System File Checker
If you are looking for a tool concerning windows fix corrupt files, then System File Checker is the best option for you. The inbuilt tool of Windows OS will scan and repair the corrupted files and will help you to resolve the issue. The process is simple and the steps for the same are listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and then type CMD in the search bar.
- After getting the search result, select Command Prompt, right-click on it and further click on ‘Run as administrator’. If asked for any confirmation, then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Thereafter, you will get the Command Box, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, wait for some time because Windows will take time to find and fix the corrupted files.
- Once the process is completed, you need to restart your computer.
System Restore Point
Sometimes, the Windows Update or the newly installed application clash with the system and give rise to SYSTEM_ PTE_ MISUSE Blue Screen Errors. So to fix the issue, you can use System restore point feature of the Windows OS and this will revert your PC to that point where it was working smoothly. The method is pretty simple and for your solace, the steps are provided below.
This method will need admin authorization, so if you can log in to your computer, then go for the method. However, if you failed to access your computer due to repeated shutdown, then perform the Safe Mode operation and then apply the listed steps.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Soon, you will find the ‘Control Panel’ page on your screen with featured computer settings.
- Click on the ‘System and Security’ section.
- Thereafter, you will find the features of the ‘Windows’, click on ‘System’.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen, move to the ‘System protection’ section. If earlier you have prepared the restore points, then select the one from the featured list and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and after the completion of the same, make sure to restart your computer.
Run DISM tool
To fix this error code 0x000000DA try to run DISM(Deployment Image Service and Management). To do so follow these steps:
- Open command prompt in the administrator mode and type the following commands one by one and hit Enter:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once the process is completed just Restart your computer and check for the error.
Run the Troubleshooter
Try to Run the Troubleshooter to fix this error code 0x000000DA. To do so follow the steps given below:
- Open Settings and type “Troubleshooting” and press Enter.
- In the top left corner click on “View All“.
- You will see the list of inbuilt troubleshooters available on your computer.
- Now click on the Hardware and Devices and run the Troubleshooter.
Run your System in Safe Mode
Try to boot your system in Safe Mode. We have a detailed guide on how to boot your system in Safe Mode else you can follow the below steps:
- Go to Start menu and select Settings.
- Click on Update & Security and search for the Recovery option.
- Now go to the Advanced Startup option and click on Restart Now. Now your system will enter in Safe Mode.
- Go to the Troubleshoot option.
- Click Advanced options and Startup Settings and then Restart.
- Now press the numeric key 4 to start in Safe Mode.
Scan your PC using Windows Defender
The virus or malware affects the system files and hence led to SYSTEM_ PTE_ MISUSE Blue Screen Errors. So you can use the Windows Defender tool to remove the virus. Some of the users also reported Windows Defender not working Vista and fail to detect the virus. So, in this case, they can access some trusted antivirus to remove the dangerous viruses from the PC.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘Settings’ button located above the Power menu.
- Soon, a settings page will appear on the screen.
- Move to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Thereafter, you will find the summary of Windows Update and at the left end of the page, you will get some useful options, click on ‘Windows Security’.
- In the ‘Windows Security’ page, you will get ample of options, select ‘Virus and Threat Protection’.
- After that, a pop-up will appear on your screen, click on ‘Run a new advanced scan’.
- Soon, a page will appear on your screen featuring the modes of ‘Advanced Scans’, click on ‘Full Scan’.
- Now click on the ‘Scan now’ button.
- That’s it; now wait for some time and allow Windows Defender to fix the issue.
Hence, these were effective solutions against SYSTEM_ PTE_ MISUSE Blue Screen Errors. On the off chance, if you stuck amid the way or failed to resolve the issue, then post your comment in the box and soon our techies will assist you and will fix the issue in a quick span of time. Stay connected and enjoys the salient features of the Windows OS by resolving the BSOD.