Almost each one of us has gone through DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR. Let’s take you through this Error and we have some promising solutions for the same.
- 1 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR
- 1.1 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR Windows 10: Solutions
- 1.2 Change DNS Address
- 1.3 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR Windows 10: Solution using Command prompt
- 1.4 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ERROR fixed using Reset Flag Settings
- 1.5 Clearing the DNS Cache present in Google Chrome/Fixing Google Chrome
- 1.6 Backup Measures (Just In Case required)
- 1.7 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR Windows 10: Solution using Safe Mode
- 1.8 Liked the Guide? Don’t Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN refers to the Error that occurs due to slow Internet Connectivity or no connectivity at all. The DNS Probe Error Finished generates owing to DNS lookup failure during the attempt to access a Webpage. Here the DNS Server becomes unresponsive and the google chrome firewall is being prevented from network access. In the case this the Error messages shows as “The Webpage is not Available.”
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR Windows 10: Solutions
1) The DNS address needs to be changed
2) Command Prompt i.e. CMD needs to be put into usage
3) Flag Settings needs to be reset
4) Clearing the DNS Cache present in Google Chrome/Fixing Google Chrome
5) The methods mentioned above with specific instructions are believed to solve the issue, however, there are backup measures that can be taken in case these don’t work out.
Change DNS Address
DNS address couldn’t be found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR
Step 1. One needs to locate the Network Icon present in the toolbar/desktop as per individual’s settings and then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
Step 2. After clicking the Network and Sharing Center, you need to right-click on the Active Network Connection you have viz. Wifi, LAN, Ethernet, etc. and thereon choose and click Properties.
Step 3. Now coming onto Wifi Properties there will be several options mentioned in the section “This connection uses the following items:”, under this choose and click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then right click on the Properties Tab.
Step 4. Once you choose Properties Tab you will witness two Tabs viz. General and Alternate Configuration. Now under this purview, you need to choose to Use the following DNS Server Addresses present within in the General Tab Section. Moving on further now you will need to add the following Server Address as mention below and then Click Ok.
Enter the following in Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Now Enter the following in Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
So now we come to end for Procedure number one’s steps of instructions and will further guide you through the next method.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR Windows 10: Solution using Command prompt
DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Error can be sorted through some handy solutions when encountered in Google chrome through these steps of instruction:
Step 1. You need to run the Command Prompt from the Administrator perspective or can open the Command Prompt (Admin)
Step 2. Now there is a series of Commands that will need to be run that are mentioned below in sequential order:
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
Now in order to see the effect of its function, you need to Restart your System. After Restarting process, now you can check whether your Internet Connection is functional or not. If the issue persists even after following the two methods of rectifying this then you need to execute the other methods.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ERROR fixed using Reset Flag Settings
- In order to reset the Flag Settings, one needs to type this in the web browser’s address bar: chrome://flags/ and then press Enter.
- Now you will see an option written as Reset all to default in a button format, so you now need to right click on it and then reload the Google Chrome browser by pressing F5 key present on the system keyboard in the top row of the button options.
Clearing the DNS Cache present in Google Chrome/Fixing Google Chrome
Server DNS could not be found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
This method has been mentioned in the second last, yet it is considered the best and successful method to get rid of this issue in the most simplistic manner.
Step 1. In the Google Chrome Browser Window type the following in the URL: chrome://net-internals/#dns
Step 2. You will now see a Tab which states Clear-Host Cache button that comes in the category Section of Host resolver cache.
Step 3. You can now close down all the browser windows and restart the browser again. Once you restart with a fresh browser window, you will get the Internet back in place functioning all smoothly as before.
Backup Measures (Just In Case required)
- You might need to Uninstall your existing Antivirus present on the System: Some Antiviruses cause issues and uninstalling them in several instances, help in resolving the issue.
- The Firewall might need to be Disabled: Some applications might be considered as a conflicting application proving to be a hurdle/barging in the way of Google Chrome Internet connection.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN_ERROR Windows 10: Solution using Safe Mode
The Safe Mode is generally put into use when some functions can be run without affecting the system in a negative way and also understanding the implications of conflicting applications creating problems. You need to Boot your system into the Safe Mode and should try to load the Google Chrome Browser Page, it will help you with the identification and discovery of the third-party software acting as the root cause of the issue as the Safe Mode only contains in itself the useful files. In order to run this identification process, you will need to reboot your system and press the F8 key for a few seconds. Thereafter which you need to select the option as “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list of options mentioned in it.
This and the other methods mentioned above in detail with the step by step instructional guide will prove to be your knight in the shining armor. It works very well and can be executed as per the individual’s feasible levels.
Also Read: How to fix ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL ERROR?