If you have encountered with ntkrnlmp.exe Blue Screen Error then don’t get worried because you got a pack of solutions that will resolve the issue and you just need to unpack it carefully. But before heading towards the goal, let’s have an overview of this error.
A quick summary of NTKRNLMP.exe
NTKRNLMP.exe is a system file that comes with the Windows OS whose sole aim is to manage the internal files. Whenever the OS runs, then the applications which contain the ntkrnlmp.exe start performing in the NT Kernel System process.
When ntkrnlmp.exe deals with the bad files and fails to manage them, then it crashes and led to BSOD. So, you just need to look for those factors which hamper the smooth running of the ntkrnlmp.exe file.
Effective ways to fix ntkrnlmp.exe Blue Screen Error
1] Update Graphic Card Driver
Windows Update is a feature of the Microsoft which automatically installs the updates of the drivers. But, it is not always possible and sometimes users need to perform the task manually. The outdated graphics card is one of the reasons behind this issue and to resolve the same you need to update the graphic card manually.
- Hover your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose ‘Device Manager’ from the listed options.
- Thereafter, Device Manager Page will appear on your screen, select Display Adapter.
- Now, click on the arrow button located at the left end of the Display Adapter to get the list of graphics card drivers.
- Select the driver, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update driver’.
- After the completion of the task, restart your computer.
2] Scan your PC using Windows Defender
The virus is dangerous for the PC and sometimes due to Windows Defender error, the viruses bypass the scan and affect the PC. So, if you have any kind of Windows Defender error, then go to the troubleshooting section and then fix it. However, if the antivirus is working fine, then follow the steps to remove the virus.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and choose ‘Settings’ which is listed above the Power menu.
- After getting entry into the Setting page, move to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- In the left-end of the page, you will get a few options, click on ‘Windows Security’.
- Thereafter, the security page will appear which will feature a list of options, select ‘Virus and threat protection’.
- A new pop-up window will appear, click on ‘Run a new advanced scan’.
- Now, select the way to scan the PC, but it is always recommended to choose ‘Full Scan’.
- After selecting the option, click on the ‘Scan now’ button.
3] Disable Speedstep
Disable Speedstep Windows 10 is a unique feature to resolve the error ntkrnlmp.exe. In other terms, Speedstep is known as Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which enables the applications to control the clock speed of the processor. So, if you disable this feature, then your issue will be resolved.
- Turn your computer off completely.
- Now press the power button and get access to the BIOS Setup Well, the entry into the BIOS differs and depends upon the computer. So, you can check as per the model of your computer.
- After entering into the BIOS Setup page, select the ‘Advanced’ tab and then choose an option ‘CPU Configuration’. You can perform the task using the arrow keys.
- Thereafter, you will get a bunch of options, select ‘CPU Power Management Configuration’.
- Soon, a CPU feature page will appear, select Intel EIST and turn it in Disable Mode.
- After completing the above step, move to the Intel C-State section which is listed beneath Intel EIST and make sure to disable the same.
- That’s it; now save the settings and restart your computer.
4] Use the Driver Verifier Manager to fix the issue
Driver Verifier is an inbuilt tool that manages the kernel drivers and also resolves the issue if found in the drivers.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘CMD’ in the search box.
- After getting the Command Box on the search page, select it and then right-click on it to choose an option ‘Run as administrator’. You can also open the Command Prompt Windows directly by pressing Win+X+A keys together.
- If any confirmation is asked, then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Soon, a command box will appear on your screen and here you need to type ‘verifier’ in the box and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- The above step will bring you to the Driver Verifier Manager page.
- Now, click on ‘Create standard-setting’ and further click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to choose the drivers, click on ‘Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer’ and further click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- After that, a pop-up window will appear asking you to restart your computer, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- After restarting the computer, you will get the report of the drivers and once you found the error on the particular driver, then reinstall the same using Device Manager feature.
5] Reinstall Graphic Card Driver
If the above report stated the issue in the graphic card, then reinstall it and the process for the same is listed below.
- Hover your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose ‘Device Manager’.
- Now, move to the ‘Display Adapter’ section and then click on the arrow button to expand the features.
- After getting the list of graphic drivers, select the one, right-click on it and then choose ‘Uninstall device’.
- Now restart your computer.
- After restarting the PC, Windows will download the graphics card driver automatically.
6] Update Windows
Lack of Windows Update can also cause the ntkrnlmp.exe Blue Screen Error. So, you must update Windows to match the drivers with the latest configuration and the steps for the same are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu. Further click on the gear icon which symbolizes ‘Settings’ located above the Power menu.
- Soon, you will find the ‘Settings’ page on your screen, click on ‘Update and Security’.
- Now, click on ‘Check for updates’. The Windows will find the updates and once it installs all the available updates, you will have to restart your computer.
Hence, these were some of the effective solutions to fix the issue ntkrnlmp.exe. However, if you stuck amid the steps or need any assistance, then feel free to ask our experts using the comment box. Our techies will assist you and will resolve the issue effectively.