In this guide, I will show you how to fix Err_Connection_Refused error while using the Chrome browser. Keep reading!
As days are going by, chrome browser is becoming popular day by day. Although it faces tough completion from Mozilla Firefox and other famous browsers, still you may consider Chrome browser as one of the best browsers because of its straightforward interface and frequently updating nature.
Chrome browser comes with various amazing features, but along with all the fantastic features, you may sometimes face certain annoying errors while using Chrome. Although with each update some error gets fixed still some persists.
One such error which you often face while using Chrome includes “Err_Connection_Refused” error. If you use Chrome regularly, you must have come across this problem at least once. But don’t worry, it is quite easy to fix if you follow the methods listed below.
There are various methods that you can follow to overcome this particular error. In this article, we will discuss the four most common tricks which will surely help you to overcome this problem. So, follow the methods described below:
Fix Err Connection Refused Using Command Prompt
This is a straightforward method as you will only have to use a few commands in the Command Prompt to solve this issue. So follow the steps correctly as mentioned below:
1. Firstly you have to open the Command Prompt with administrator rights. The interface will be as depicted in the picture.
2. After gaining access to Command Prompt, you will have to apply few codes at each step to resolve this issue. Firstly you will have to type “ipconfig /release” and hit Enter. So as you perform this step, you will notice a few lines in the Command Prompt as shown in the picture.
Note: Through “ipconfig /release” command you can release the current IP configuration and the DHCP server will assign a new IP address to your computer.
3. After applying the first command, you have to use next command which is “ipconfig /all” and press Enter.
Note: With the help of “ipconfig /all” command you will get detailed information about your network connection.
4. Now apply the command “ipconfig /flushdns” to flush the local DNS cache.
5. Next step includes command “ipconfig /renew” which tells the computer to renew its current IP address lease with the router.
6. Now use the command “nets int ip set dns” as marked in the picture and also see the effect as shown in the picture.
7. Use “netsh winsock reset” command and see the effect in pictures.
8. In the final step use the command “exit” and restart your computer to overcome the Err_Connection_Refused error.
So this is a useful method through which you can easily overcome the error with a few commands only. Still, if the problem persists after using this method follow the next method mentioned below.
Clear Chrome Browsing Data
This is also a straightforward method which surely helps you to overcome the Err_Connection_Refused error. So follow the steps as given below.
1. Open the Chrome browser and click on the “Setting” option as you can see in the picture.
2. After clicking on the option marked in the above picture, you will have to select “Settings” option.
3. After entering the “Settings” option, select “Advanced settings” option as you can see in the picture below.
4. In the next step, you will have to go to “clear browsing data” which is highlighted in the picture.
5. After entering the “Clear browsing data” option, change time range to “last 24 hrs” from all the alternatives given in the time range bar.
6. After selecting the appropriate time range and unchecking “Browser History” and “Cookies and other site data” option click on clear data option at the bottom right corner to solve the Err_Connection_Refused error.
Change Chrome Proxy Settings
This method is even simpler than the above two methods so if you are still facing the problem by following the above two methods then you can try out this method. It contains very few steps follow them carefully as mentioned below to overcome the Err_Connection_Refused error.
1. Open Chrome browser and go to the “Settings” option as given in the picture.
2. After entering “Settings” option, you will have to type “Proxy” command in the search bar of the “Settings” option, and then you have to press on “Open proxy settings” option which will lead you to a network connection Popup window.
3. In the below pictures, the “Open Proxy Settings” option is marked and you can see the network connection Popup window.
4. After selecting the connection tab, you will have to go to the “LAN settings” option, as shown in the picture.
5. Inside the “LAN settings,”, you will have to uncheck “Automatically detect settings” and check the box for “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option.
6. In next picture, you can see that “Automatically detect settings” option box is unchecked and “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option box is checked as described in the above step.
7. After checking and unchecking the desired option boxes you have to press the OK button as you can see in the picture.
8. Finally, you will have to restart your PC after pressing the OK button to solve the Err_Connection_Refused error.
So any of the three above steps should solve Err_Connection_Refused error but still if you are unable to overcome the error then go for the last and the final method which is discussed below.
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
This is the most straightforward method that includes only a few steps which you need to execute correctly to avoid Err_Connection_Refused error. So follow the steps properly as discussed below.
1. Select “Windows defender firewall” option at the bottom left corner of the Network and Sharing Center window. In this picture ”Windows Defender Firewall” option is highlighted.
2. After entering “Windows defender firewall” you have to go to “Turn Windows Defender on or off” option as shown in the picture.
3. After entering the main firewall option, you will have to disable the firewall by checking two options which are marked in the pictures. After checking the options press the OK button and restart your PC to overcome the Err Connection Refused error.
So in this article, we have given detailed information regarding most appropriate methods to solve the Err_Connection_Refused error. We have also included pictures so that you can perform the steps efficiently. If you find difficulty in understanding or following any of the methods/steps mentioned above, we are just a comment away.