Google Chrome is one of the fastest web browsers designed and developed by Google, but sometimes it failed to load the website and as a result, ‘Err_Name_Not_Resolved’ appears on the display. Actually, this kind of problem is not only from the end of Chrome, but the DNS address is also the major cause.
So, if you are facing such an issue on your own website or others, then go through the detailed method to fix the issue. But, before moving further, just grasp the knowledge about this error.
What is Net:: Err_Name_Not_Resolved error?
Domain Name System, in short DNS, is a network service whose prime aim is to render the website name to the internet address. Basically this error is related to DNS only. When you encounter this error message then Chrome is saying that it could not find the IP address that matches the website domain name you are searching for. It means you will not be able to access the webpage. So, if your IP is blocked, then this issue arises. Well, the other reason may be from the side of the website. This error can be encountered on any of the OS and on any of the browsers. The other browsers may reflect the error message differently.
Why the error “Err Name Not Resolved” occurs?
There can be various reasons behind this error. However, I have listed some most common reasons for this issue:
- DNS Server is unavailable.
- DNS queries using a cached address.
- Internet settings are not configured properly.
- Router problems.
- Chrome’s prediction service for faster page loading.
- Virus or Malware attack.
How to Fix “Err_Name_ Not_Resolved” error in Chrome?
There are few advanced solutions that will fix an issue and the same are listed beneath. So, follow the process carefully and get rid of such error.
Restart the Router
Before trying for some other solutions, it is always recommended to check the router connecting your device to the internet. If the internet is working fine then also there are chances that the router is creating some issues. So it is advisable to restart the network device to fix the “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED” error. To restart the router just disconnect the power supply for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect the router again and check for the error.
Clear Google Chrome Cookies
Sometimes, the cookies of the Chrome block the DNS which results ‘This webpage is not available Err_ Name_ Not_Resolved ’. In short, you will fail to open the specific website. The Cookies of the browser, generally store the data of the visited website; so clearing the same will resolve the issue.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the ‘more’ tab, symbolized with three vertical dots, and the same is located at the top-right of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘More tools’ and from the same menu, select ‘Clear browsing data’. You can also use short keys “ctrl+h”.
- Thereafter, a new window will feature on your screen with few options, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and select ‘Cookies and other site data’ from the featured list. And then click on ‘Clear data’.
- That’s it; now close and restart your browser for getting flawless browsing experience.
- Click on the Windows key and open the Start menu. Further, find out the Command Prompt icon under Accessories or Windows System, depending on your OS version.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Restart the computer and check for the error.
Change DNS Address
If your IP DNS Server is not configured properly, then you will get an issue ‘Server DNS address could not be found: Err_Name_Not_Resolved’. So, your task is to fix the DNS address y changing it to Public DNS. The process is very simple and for your convenience, the Comprehensive method is listed below.
- First and foremost, you need to open the ‘Control Panel’. To open the control panel, click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control Panel’. You can also use the short keys “Win+x” and then choose Control Panel or press “Win+I” to directly see the Control Panel in the list.
- After getting into the Control Panel page, navigate for the ‘Network and Internet’ section, and then click on it.
- Thereafter, the Network and Sharing Center page will appear with few features. At the top-left corner, you will find ‘Change Adapter Settings’, click on it.
- Now select your connection, right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
- A new window will appear on your screen, click on the ‘Networking’ tab, and select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Now, click on ‘Properties’.
- A new page will display on your screen; click on the ‘General’ tab and further click on ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- In the preferred DNS Server, enter 184.108.40.206 and in the Alternate DNS Server, enter 220.127.116.11.
- After fetching these details, click OK.
Turn Off Prediction Service
Clearing the Host Cache of Chrome is the best way to resolve an issue ‘failed to load resource net: Err_Name_Not_Resolved’. The process is quite easy and for your solace, the steps are listed beneath.
- Launch Google Chrome Internet Browser.
- Click on the ‘more’ icon located at the top-right of the page and select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the ‘Settings’ page and click on the ‘Advanced’ section to expand the features.
- Now, head to the ‘Privacy and Security’ section and click on the checkbox ‘Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly’ and click the button to disable it.
Clear the Host Cache of Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome on your PC, click on the address bar, and type ‘chrome://net-internals/#dns’ and then press Enter. Soon, you will discover the features of the Networking which is listed at the top-left of the Chrome page.
- Click on the ‘DNS’ and then move to the ‘Host resolver cache’ section. Here, you will find a tab ‘Clear-Host Cache’, click on it.
- After completing the above task, restart your computer and router too. Now, your browser will work smoothly.
Sometimes, Firewall and Security software block the network connection and due to the same, the error arises. So, if you get such kind of issue, then check the settings of the Firewall and make sure the Network connection is not blocked.
However, if you own a website and getting an issue ‘Err_Name_Not_Resolved’, then make sure the ‘Nameservers’ offered by the Host are updated with the Domain. For example, if your website ‘www.devicetricks.com’ is registered with Go Daddy and is hosted by Bluehost, then the Host firm offers the Nameservers and it should be updated with GoDaddy.
These were the effective solution against the issue ‘Err_Name_ Not_Resolved chrome’. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.