These days Battle games are highly applauded by the PC users and the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is at the top of the chart. The features are splendid especially the graphics and the controlling options. The game has various tough levels and to crack the same, cheaters use the cheat code, and to minimize such activities of the cheaters, the developers are suing anti-cheat tools to prevent their operation. Due to the tug of war between the developers and the cheaters, common users are facing trouble in the game especially, dxgi.dll error. This error arises at the time of launch.
However, if you getting ‘dxgi.dll error PUBG’ on your computer screen amid the launch of the game, then don’t get worried. Here, you will find the exclusive proven solution of the above-said solution. Now, go through the listed solution and amend it until you resolve an issue.
Why ‘PUBG can’t find dxgi.dll error’ appears amid the launch of PUBG?
Generally, dxgi.dll enables you to access the Reshade effect amid the game but sometimes, the game PUBG blocks the same file and hence creates a dxgi.dll error. Well, it’s not a big issue, with some simple solutions; you can easily crackdown this issue.
How to fix PUBG cannot find dxgi.dll Error on Windows?
Here I have listed some easy to execute steps to fix the dxgi.dll PUBG error. Try them one down the list until your error is fixed:
Restore dxgi.dll from the Recycle Bin
If you have mistakenly deleted the dxgi.dll file then also the error can occur. In such a case you can fix the error by restoring the missing dxgi.dll file from the recycle bin.
Reinstall the program that uses the dxgi.dll file
If you are facing the dxgi.dll DLL error while using any particular program, then reinstalling that program should repair the file. By doing so the corrupt or missing file will be replaced or repaired. Try to uninstall and reinstall the specific program facing the error.
Update Graphics Card
Graphics Card is a vital tool that enables you to access the games in an effective manner and if an error arises in the game, then make sure your graphics card driver is updated. If it is not updated, then don’t get panic. The process is simple and easy and for your solace, the detailed procedure is listed beneath.
- Keep your mouse cursor on the ‘Start’ menu and then right-click on it. Thereafter, the featured application will appear on your screen. Look down for the ‘Device Manager’ and click on it.
- Soon, you will find a new window on your PC and this will show the relevant features of the devices and drivers. Now, move to the section, Graphic Card.
- Select the Graphic Card, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update Driver’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, the Windows will start its operation and will update the graphics card driver automatically.
Rename the dxgi.dll file
Rename the dxgi.dll file to fix this error. To do so follow these steps:
- Go to the folder mentioned in the error message (usually, it is C:>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>PUBG>TsIGame>Binaries>Win64).
- Locate the dxgi.dll file and rename it.
- Launch PUBG again and check for the error.
Delete dxgi.dll file
As mentioned above, the dxgi.dll file is used to Reshade the effect. So, to fix the issue ‘dxgi.dll error PUBG’, you can delete such a file and for the same, you need to figure out the exact path where the files are downloaded. Well, if you are not aware then don’t worry at all, just follow the steps mentioned below and accomplish the task.
- Go to the Local Drive, generally, it is ‘C’ drive where the programs are installed by default.
- In the C drive, you will get several options, move to ‘Program Files (x86)’. And then locate the ‘Steam’ folder.
- After getting into such a folder, move to ‘Steamapps’.
- In the ‘Steamapps’ you will get ‘Common’ folder, click on it and then select ‘PUBG’.
- Well, you have reached half destination. Now, select ‘TslGame’ from ‘PUBG’.
- Further, move to the ‘Binaries’ folder, and inside that, you will get ‘Win64’ click on it.
- There, if you will find ‘dxgi.dll’ file then delete the same.
- In short, the entire procedure can be summarized as ‘C/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/PUBG/TslGame/Binaries/Win64’.
- After deleting the file, restart your computer and then launch the PUBG game.
Access DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
The actual problem is ‘dxgi.dll error PUBG’ and the dxgi.dll is a file of DirectX. So, it is recommended to access DirectX Web Installer to resolve the issue because DirectX contains the dxgi.dll file and this file will override the previous one and will give you relief from the issue.
- So, if you have already installed DirectX, then run the application.
- However, if you have not installed the DirectX Web Installer, then go to the official website of Microsoft and download it from there.
- On this page, you will get the file and your job is to select the preferred language and then click on the ‘Download’ button.
- After downloading the file, go through the on-screen instructions, and finish the installation process.
- That’s it, now restart your computer, and this time the error will not appear on your screen amid the launch of the game PUBG.
Run ‘Steam’ as an Administrator
This is a unique method and worked too. Most of the users who received ‘dxgi.dll error PUBG’ on their computer screen tried this solution and hence got a positive result. So, you must try this one to fix the above-said issue.
- First and foremost, close all the applications.
- Now, click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Steam’ in the search bar.
- Thereafter, you will get the ‘Steam’ icon in the search bar and your task is to right-click on that icon and then selects an option ‘Run as administrator’ from the drop-down menu.
- After the launch of the game, sign-in to ‘Steam’ account and then enjoy the PUBG game.
These were the effective solutions for the issue ‘dxgi.dll error’ on PUBG. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more Devicetricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, Android, and Games. If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.
Leave a Reply