These days Battle games are highly applauded by the PC users and the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is at the top of the chart. The features are splendid especially the graphics and the controlling options. The game has various tough levels and to crack the same, cheaters use the cheat code and to minimize such activities of the cheaters, the developers are suing anti-cheat tools to prevent their operation. Due to the tug of war between the developers and the cheaters, common users are facing trouble in the game especially, dxgi.dll error. This error arises at the time of launch.
However, if you getting ‘dxgi.dll error pubg’ on your computer screen amid the launch of the game, then don’t get worried. Here, you will find the exclusive proven solution of the above-said solution. Now, go through the listed solution and amend it until you resolve an issue.
- 1 Why ‘dxgi.dll error’ appears amid the launch of PUBG?
- 2 Conclusion
Why ‘dxgi.dll error’ appears amid the launch of PUBG?
Generally, dxgi.dll enables you to access the Reshade effect amid the game but sometimes, the game PUBG blocks the same file and hence creates a dxgi.dll error. Well, it’s not a big issue, with some simple solutions; you can easily crack down this issue.
The best fix for ‘dxgi.dll error PUBG’
1. Update Graphics Card
Graphics Card is a vital tool which enables you to access the games in an effective manner and if an error arises in the game, then make sure your graphics card driver is updated. If it is not updated, then don’t get panic. The process is simple and easy and for your solace, the detailed procedure is listed beneath.
- Keep your mouse cursor on the ‘Start’ menu and then right-click on it.
- Thereafter, the featured application will appear on your screen.
- Look down for the ‘Device Manager’ and click on it.
- Soon, you will find a new window on your PC and this will show the relevant features of the devices and drivers.
- Now, move to the section, Graphic Card.
- Select the Graphic Card, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update Driver’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, the Windows will start its operation and will update the graphics card driver automatically.
2. Delete dxgi.dll file
As mentioned above, the dxgi.dll file is used to Reshade the effect. So, to fix the issue ‘dxgi.dll error pubg’, you can delete such file and for the same, you need to figure out the exact path where the files are downloaded. Well, if you are not aware then don’t worry at all, just follow the steps mentioned below and accomplish the task.
- Go to the Local Drive, generally, it is ‘C’ drive where the programs are installed by default.
- In the C drive, you will get several options, move to ‘Program Files (x86)’.
- Now, locate the ‘Steam’ folder and after getting into such folder, move to ‘Steamapps’.
- In the ‘Steamapps’ you will get ‘Common’ folder, click on it and then select ‘PUBG’.
- Well, you have reached half destination. Now, select ‘TslGame’ from ‘PUBG’ and then move to ‘Binaries’ folder.
- In the ‘Binaries’ section, you will get ‘Win64’ click on it and here, you will find ‘dxgi.dll’ file.
- Navigate for such file and then delete the same.
- In short, the entire procedure can be summarized as ‘C/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/PUBG/TslGame/Binaries/Win64’
- After deleting the file, restart your computer and then launch PUBG game.
3. Access DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
The actual problem is ‘dxgi.dll error pubg’ and the dxgi.dll is a file of DirectX. So, it is recommended to access DirectX Web Installer to resolve the issue because DirectX contains the dxgi.dll file and this file will override the previous one and will give you relief from the issue.
- So, if you have already installed DirectX, then run the application.
- However, if you have not installed the DirectX Web Installer, then go to the official website of Microsoft and download it from there. The link is listed beneath https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
- In this page, you will get the file and your job is to select the preferred language and then click on the ‘Download’ button.
- After downloading the file, go through the on-screen instructions and finish the installation process.
- That’s it, now restart your computer and this time the error will not appear on your screen amid the launch of the game PUBG.
4. Have you tried to Run ‘Steam’ as Administrator?
This is a unique method and worked too. Most of the users who received ‘dxgi.dll error pubg’ on their computer screen tried this solution and hence got the positive result. So, you must try this one to fix the above-said issue.
- First and foremost, close all the applications.
- Now, click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Steam’ in the search bar.
- Thereafter, you will get the ‘Steam’ icon in the search bar and your task is to right-click on that icon and then selects an option ‘run as administrator’ from the drop-down menu.
- After the launch of the game, sign-in to ‘Steam’ account and then enjoy the PUBG game.
These were the effective solutions for the issue ‘dxgi.dll error’ on PUBG. However, if you have any doubt or still facing any issue, then feel free to contact us and visit Devicetricks for such tutorials and guides. Our expertise geeks use an advanced and improved technology to fix the issues and they work around the clock, so you can seek for the support anytime. Hence, enjoy the salient features of the Operating System and the game you wish to play.