Windows Operating System enables the users to share the files and folders between the computers over the same network without any external peripherals. If you are accessing this feature by fulfilling the required criteria prescribed by the Windows OS and in spite of that getting an error code 0x80070035 or the network path was not found, then you need not worry. We are here to help you out.
What is the error “The network path was not found” code 0x80070035?
Microsoft has a unique feature due to which it facilitates its users to share files and folders between the systems that are on the same network, even if they are not physically connected to each other. The administrator of the folder has to permit access to the intender and the systems should be on the Internet. However, the requirements are fulfilled then also the users have reported that they are facing an error code 0x80070035 accompanying the message “The network path was not found“.
Common Errors related to Windows
Apart from this error, there are some other errors related to Windows such as File explorer keeps crashing, User profile service failed the sign-in error, View hidden files and folders in Windows, Unable to display current owner error on Windows etc.
How to fix the Windows Error Code 0x80070035?
There can be so many reasons behind this error. Apart from that, there are some practical solutions to fix this issue. So please follow the below-mentioned hacks to get this fixed:
Check whether a drive is shared or not
It is quite important to check the issue before making any changes to the computer. So, you must check the sharing status of the folder and if it is not shared, then enable it in share mode. Now, go through the process listed beneath.
- Select the drive of the targeted computer which you want to access from the network channel, right-click on it and then choose ‘Properties’.
- After that, a new pop-up window will open on the screen and you need to click on the ‘Sharing’ tab located at the top of the page.
- In the Network File and Sharing Folder section, you will get the status of the Network Path and if it shows ‘Not shared’, then click on the ‘Advanced Sharing’ button.
- In the advanced sharing page, you will get an option ‘Share this folder’, click on the checkbox to select the same. And then click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it’ now try to access the folder from the primary one.
- To check whether the process is working or not, open the ‘Run’ box by pressing the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- Type the Folder name and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- The above step will direct you to the desired folder which you want to access.
Access the IP address of the intender
Sometimes the error comes from the end of the network channel and this result in an issue ‘The network path was not found’. So, in this case, you need to ping the IP address of the targeted computer through the primary one and the detailed procedure is listed below.
- Press the ‘Start’ button and then type ‘CMD’ in the search bar.
- Soon, you will get the search result, select ‘CMD’ right-click on it and further click on ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, a command box will open and here you need to type ‘ipconfig/all’ without quotation marks and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- The above step will offer you the information on the network and you need to note down the IPv4 address.
- Now open the ‘Run’ box by pressing the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together.
- Type the IPv4 address which you have noted down and then the path of the folder. It would be like this \\IPv4 address\folder path. Here we have shown an example \\192.168.43.20\N
- This time you will be able to access the folder you want.
Enable SMB V1.0 to fix error code 0x80070035
- In the Windows search options search for the Windows Feature.
- Here locate the SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support. Check this box and click OK.
- Now give a try to share the desired files or folders.
Turn On Network Discovery to fix the error”The network path was not found”
- Open Run window by pressing Win+R simultaneously and then type the command control panel. Press Enter to open the Control Panel window.
- Click and open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose Change Advanced Sharing settings.
- Toggle the radio button to the option Turn on network discovery and check the box that says Turn on automatic setup of network-connected devices.
- Reboot your system and check for the error 0x80070035.
Use gpedit.msc to fix 0x80070035 error
- Search for gpedit.msc in Windows 10 search box and open Local Group Policy editor.
- Browse the following location in the Local Group Policy Editor.
Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Lanman Workstation
- Now enable insecure guest logons.
Now check, if the error code 0x80070035 still exists. If yes, then follow the next steps:
- Search for gpedit.msc in Windows 10 search box and open Local Group Policy editor.
- Again browse the following location in Local Group Policy Editor.Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows settings > Security Settings > Security Options
- And then, disable Microsoft Network client: Digitally sign communications (always)
Make changes in the Network Security Settings
- Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ Keys simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ box.
- In the Run box, type ‘secpol.msc’ in the box without quotation marks and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, the ‘Local Security Policy’ window will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on ‘Local Policy’ and further click on ‘Security Options’.
- Thereafter you will find a list of files at the center of the page, navigate for ‘Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level’ and then double click on it.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will open and you need to select ‘Send LM and NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated’ from the drop-down menu.
- After completing the above step, click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now restart your computer and then check for Windows error code 0x80070035.
Update Network Adapter driver
If you are accessing an outdated network driver then it may result in Windows error code 0x80070035 (the network path was not found). So you must update the driver and for your convenience, the steps are listed below.
- Move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then select ‘Device Manager’.
- However, if you are using Windows 7 OS, then press the Start key, type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the ‘Device Manager’ page, you will find a lot of options, select ‘Network Adapter’.
- Click on the arrow button located at the parallel of the Network adapter and this will offer you the drivers list.
- Select the network driver, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update driver’.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to choose the mode of operation, click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’
- Now give some time to windows to update the driver.
- After the completion of the process, restart your computer.
Disable Windows Firewall or Anti-Virus
The Windows Defender Firewall and Anti Virus defend the system from the unwanted hacks. Sometimes these might detect this function as a threat and block this. Thus, by disabling the firewall and anti-virus temporarily you may resolve the error “the network path was not found”.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Follow the below steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:
- Go to Settings > Update and Security >Troubleshoot.
- Click Windows Update and head over to Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and let the wizard finish the process.
- Reboot the system and check for the network path was not found error.
Delete all existing Windows credentials
- Open the Run window by pressing Win + R key and type the command control panel.
- Now press Enter to open the Control Panel window.
- Here select the Credential Manager.
- From the Windows Credential section, remove all the existing credentials and reboot the system.
- Now again go to the same page and click on Add a Windows Credential and add the new credentials manually.
Run the SFC scan to fix 0x80070035 error code
SFC scan is an in-built feature to resolve the various issues. Try to troubleshoot the error by the SFC scan. Here is the process:
- Go to Settings, type cmd to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type the command sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- Let the process finish.
- Reboot the system and check for the error.
Reset TCP/IP to fix error code 0x80070035
- Open Run window by pressing Windows+R key.
- Type ncpa.cpl and hit OK.
- Right-click on Ethernet and choose Properties.
- Click on Install.
- Select the Protocol and click on Add.
- Click Reliable Multicast Protocol and hit OK.
Whitelist the Windows Update servers
If you are unable to install Windows updates, then your system might block the Windows Update servers. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel and open Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab in the menu of the Internet Options window.
- Here you have to select the Trusted Sites option from the Security window and click on Sites.
- Uncheck the box Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone feature.
- There you will find a box saying Add this website to the zone. Type the following addresses one by one followed by Add function:
http://update.microsoft.com and http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
- Finally, save the settings and restart your computer.
Turn-On NETBIOS over TCP/IP
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the Control Panel page, you will get the ‘Network and Internet’ section, click on it.
- Soon, a new page will open and you just need to select the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Now click on ‘Change adapter settings’ located at the left end of the page.
- Thereafter, you will get the list of available networks; select the one which you access and then right-click on it to choose ‘Properties’.
- A new pop-up window will appear on the screen, click on ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and further click on ‘Properties’.
- Soon you will find another pop-up window and here you need to click on the ‘Advanced’ button, located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, click on the ‘WINS’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Move to NetBIOS settings and click on the box stating ‘Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
- Now click on the ‘OK’ button.
- After completing the task, restart your computer.
Reset Windows 10 Update components
If none of the steps worked then next we should try to reset Windows 10 update components. Basically these components facilitate the downloading and installing Windows updates. If we reset these components then there are chances to overcome the issue. To do so follow these steps:
- Go to the search option. Type cmd and open the command prompt to run as an administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Now run Command Prompt and type the following commands one after the other and press Enter after every command. This is to Rename the SoftwareDistribution and Cartroot2 folder.
Ren C:WindowssoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Now we will conclude the process by restarting the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and Windows Update Services:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Lastly, close the command prompt and reboot your computer.
So, these were the comprehensive solutions against the ‘Error code 0x80070035 – The network path was not found’. However, if you have any queries or suggestions then leave your comment in the box. Hence, stay connected with us and enjoys the salient features of the Windows OS without any interference.