Windows 10 offers multiple features to protect your data and one of such is the ‘user profile’ feature. It acts as a shield and thus prevents the intruders to access your account. But sometimes, the profile gets corrupted and an error ‘user profile service failed the logon Windows 10 ’ appears on the screen. So, if you are facing the same issue and unable to access Windows 10, then follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve an issue.
How to resolve an error ‘the user profile service failed the sign-in Windows 10 ’ OS?
There are two advanced methods to fix an issue ‘the user profile service failed the sign-in Windows 10 ’ OS. The first method will direct you a procedure to change some settings in the Registry Editor and the second one will lead you a path to create a new profile. Now, we will go through the methods individually. So, let’s begin the journey.
First, start with the basic solution to fix an error ‘user profile cannot be loaded Windows 10 ’ OS. In this method, you will have to shut down your computer. Well, this method sounds crazy, but it works. Now, follow the steps for the same.
Shut down the PC completely to fix the User Profile Servies failed the logon
- In the screen, you will find the error and also the power menu.
- Click on the Power menu and select ‘Shut down’ option.
- Now, wait for some time until the computer turns off.
- When you find, your computer is totally turned off, wait for a couple of minutes and then press the power key to start it again.
- Now, check whether the issue ‘user profile cannot be loaded Windows 10 ’ still persists or not. However, if the error is still displaying on the screen, then go for the advanced solutions listed beneath.
To change the value in the Registry Editor, you will have to move into the Safe Mode. So, first, get an entry in the safe mode and then head towards the former method to fix the issue.
Gateway to Safe Mode
- If your computer is ON, then you will find the power options apart from the error. Now, press and hold the ‘Shift’ key and then click on the Power menu and from the listed options, select ‘Restart’.
- Now, wait for some time and soon, you will find a blue screen on your computer which will show a few options, select ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Now select ‘Startup Settings’ from the ‘Advanced’ options.
- In the ‘Startup settings,’ you will find an option ‘Enable Safe Mode’, select the same
- And then click on the ‘Restart’ button.
However, if the error ‘user profile service failed the logon Windows 10’ still appears on the screen, then go for the second method, and in this method, you will have to change the values in the ‘Registry Editor’. The details for the same are below.
Change the values in the Registry Editor to fix the User Profile Services failed the logon
- After getting into the Safe Mode, open the ‘Run’ dialog box and for that, press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key simultaneously.
- After getting a ‘Run’ box on the screen, your next task is to type ‘regedit’ in the space featured in the box and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now locate for ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ in the ‘Registry Editor’ and click on the arrow to expand its features.
- Select ‘Software’ from the featured options and also click on the arrow button to get additional options.
- Now locate ‘Microsoft’ in the software menu as shown in the listed image.
- And then choose ‘Windows NT’ from the menu of ‘Microsoft’.
- After clicking on the arrow button of ‘Windows NT’ you will find a folder ‘CurrentVersion’ and parallel to it, there is an arrow key, click on it.
- Now choose ‘ProfileList’ from the listed options.
- Clicking on the ‘ProfileList’ arrow icon will show four folders and your job is to find out the profile which is creating an issue and for that you will have to individually check each folder one by one.
- Click on S-1-5 folder, you will get ‘ProfileImagePath’ file, double-click on it to find the details of the profile which is listed in the ‘Value data’ section.
- After finding the user profile which is creating an error ‘the user profile service failed the sign-in windows 10’ OS, double-click on the ‘State’ file and this will give you a pop-up.
- Enter the value as 0 and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now double click on the ‘RefCount’ and set the value data as 0.
- If you don’t find ‘RefCount’ file, then hover your cursor at the right panel and further right-click on it and then choose ‘DWORD (32-bit) value from the drop-down menu of ‘New’.
- In the created folder, name the path as ‘RefCount’ and then change the value as 0.
- After completing the above task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Create a new account to fix the User profile service failed the logon
Even if the issue ‘the user profile service failed the sign-in Windows 10’ OS still make you annoyed, then create a new account. The process is simple and the detailed method is as below.
- Command Prompt gives you access to activate hidden admin account and to do this, open the command prompt and type ‘net user administrator /active: yes’ without the inverted comma and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, open the ‘Settings’ of the Windows 10 and select ‘Accounts from the menu.
- Thereafter, you will find few options located at the left end of the page, select ‘Family & other people’.
- Now, scroll down the page and click on ‘Add someone else on this PC’.
- Soon, a pop-up window will appear on the screen and will ask for the email address or phone number, ignore it by clicking on the link ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’.
- Again, a pop-up window will appear which will ask for the creation of a Microsoft account, ignore it and click on the link ‘Add a user without Microsoft account’.
- Now, enter your username and password in the respective boxes to create a new account.
- That’s it, restart your computer and sign-in with a new account.
Hence, the issue ‘user profile cannot be loaded Windows 10 ’ OS has been resolved. Now, you can access the salient features of the Windows 10 effectively. However, if you still face any kind of issue, then feel free to call us. We are here for your service 24*7; our experienced geeks offer the utmost solutions and resolve any kind of issues in a quick span of time. So, stay connected with us to enjoy the uninterrupted services of any OS. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page.