To run your system a regular update of the Windows is necessary but many people are facing serious issues when they are upgrading their system. “Failure in configuring Windows updates Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer” error is an ordinary problem which has a proper cure to get rid of it. Devicetricks have come up with some easy to do steps which will guide you systematically to resolve the issue in no time.
- 1 What’s the exact issue?
- 1.1 The error failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes pop because
- 1.2 Failure configuring Windows update Reverting Changes Error: Solutions
- 1.2.1 1. Running the troubleshooter for Windows update
- 1.2.2 2. Install the updates in a clean boot state to fix failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes Error
- 1.2.3 3. Clearing the cache for Windows update
- 1.2.4 5. Installing the updates in a safe mode
- 1.2.5 6. Running the system file checker to fix failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes Error
- 2 Conclusion
What’s the exact issue?
Upgrading your system to a higher level, many a time ends up into freezing the Window and pop up with an error message saying that “Failure in configuring Windows updates Reverting changes loop. Do not turn off your computer”. This error shows that the current operating system tries to roll back to the previous Windows system as it was before the update. Updating the Windows can fail for many reasons each one of them is listed below.
The error failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes pop because
- The installed software is not compatible with the computer.
- During testing, no issue has seen but sometimes the update itself is the main cause.
- Interference is observed by the removable media.
- At a time, a number of updates create a load on the operating system.
Failure configuring Windows update Reverting Changes Error: Solutions
1. Running the troubleshooter for Windows update
- From Microsoft download the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Hit Next button on the displayed window of troubleshooter.
- Once the troubleshooting the issue is finished try installing the Windows update.
2. Install the updates in a clean boot state to fix failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes Error
- Run the operating system in an administrator made and open the run program by pressing Windows + R key altogether and type msconfig and hit enter.
- Select the Selective startup in the window and untick the load startup items.
- In the menu bar select the service tab and tick mark by clicking on Hide all Microsoft services option and simultaneously click on Disable all option and hit OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer to bring your computer in a clean boot state after the restart.
3. Clearing the cache for Windows update
- Open the run program and type services.msc and press OK to open the services window.
- Scroll down the list and search for Windows update and double click on it.
- To stop the services click on Stop button and save the changes by pressing OK.
- Once again scroll down the list and search for Background Intelligent Transfer Services. Double-click on it to stop the services as done in the previous step.
- Once done minimize the service window.
- Press Windows Key + E key altogether to open Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all the files by selecting all the files by pressing Ctrl +A key altogether. Right click on it select delete option from the menu.
- Maximize the service window and once again scroll down in the list to search Window Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Services and re-start the services which were earlier stopped.
- Restart the computer and look out whether the problem is resolved or not.
4. Restoring or reinstalling the Windows to fix failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes Error
- By right clicking on This PC, select properties from the menu.
- In the properties window select System protection option.
- System protection tab will lead you to system properties where you need to select system restore option.
- Now follow the instruction displayed on the screen and finish the process.
- Following this method should resolve the issue if still the problem persists perform a reinstallation of the operating system.
- Reinstallation is performed by using a Windows installation media like a DVD or USB drive and perform the complete process.
- Finally, restart the computer after completion of all the process.
5. Installing the updates in a safe mode
- Press F8 key during the reboot of the system and select “Safe mode with networking”.
- This will help in landing you on a desktop then press the Windows + R key altogether to open the RUN program and type “msconfig” and click OK to open the program.
- Navigate to the Boot tab in the System configuration window.
- Ensure that the Safe boot box is marked as a tick and Minimal option is selected which is shown underneath it. Once everything is checked press OK and Apply button to save the changes.
Once you press the apply button the system will ask you to restart the system press the restart button to proceed the process.
- Restart the system in safe mode, open the Settings and search for Update and Security.
- Click on Windows update button to update the Windows.
- Once the Windows updating is done restart the Computer in safe mode. Once again open the System Configuration by typing msconfig in Run program dialogue box as done in the previous steps.
- Return to the Boot tab once again and this time uncheck the Safe boot box and click OK and Apply the changes and restart the computer.
6. Running the system file checker to fix failure Configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes Error
- Look out for Command Prompt in the search box of Start menu and Run it as Administrator.
- In the command prompt window type sfc /scannow and hit Enter button to start the process.
- Wait till the process completes. Restart the system to check the error.
At last, when you are through with solving your issue feel free to write us back in our comment box or follow us on Facebook or visit our website to get our regular updates on such new tutorials.