Google offers multiple features to the users and one of such is the security. If we talk about Gmail, then it is ‘2 step verification’ and if we move to Chrome, then advanced security measures have been taken by Google. Let us suppose, if you visit any suspicious site which is not secure then a warning page will appear stating ‘Your connection is not private’. Most of the users think it’s an error but it is a warning from Google and reminds you to safeguard your data by avoiding browsing such sites.
This is one of the best features in Chrome, but in some instances, it also blocks the trusted site and if you have encountered with chrome connection is not a private issue and thinking what to do next? Then don’t worry as here you will get the comprehensive solutions to fix the issue.
Reason: Google Chrome your connection is not private
Whenever you visit any site, the Chrome looks for the SSL certificates in the site server and if it didn’t find in the correct order, then it treats the site as suspicious and will warn you through a message ‘Your connection is not private’.
How to Fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Google Chrome?
If you got the warning message and in spite of that, you want to visit the site, go through the solutions listed below. But make sure, the site you are going to visit is secured, otherwise, your data and personal information will be in danger.
1] Synchronize Clock
Chrome depends on the real-time amid verifying the SSL certificates and if your PC’s time is not synchronized your connection is not private chrome will flash the warning message on the page. So, first and foremost you must synchronize the data and time of your PC.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- In the settings page, you will find ‘Time and Language’ section, click on it.
- Thereafter, Date and Time page will appear and you need to toggle the radio button of ‘Set time automatically’ in ON mode.
- Now restart your computer and then visit the site in Chrome to check an issue ‘Your connection is not private’.
2] Clear the SSL
Clearing the SSL will help you to resolve the issue and the process for the same is listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- A Control Panel page will appear on the screen, click on ‘Network and Internet’ section.
- On the next page you will find, ‘Internet Options’ click on it.
- Thereafter, a pop-up window will appear and you need to click on the ‘Content’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Now move to the certificates section and click on ‘Clear SSL state’.
- After completing the above step, launch Chrome to check the issue.
3] Enable DNS in Automatic mode
Most of the users faced the issue after setting the DNS value to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52. So, if you have made some changes, then it’s time to turn the DNS in automatic mode to fix the issue.
- Open ‘Control panel’ as done in the above step.
- Click on the ‘Network and Internet’ section.
- Thereafter, the ‘Network and Internet’ page will appear on the screen and you need to click on the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- On the next page, you will get the information on the network and also a few options at the left end of the page, click on ‘Change adapter settings’.
- Soon a network connection page will appear and you need to select your connection and after that right-click on it to choose ‘Properties’.
- A new pop-up window will open and you need to select the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the box.
- After selecting ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’, a properties tab will be enabled located at the bottom of the page, click on it.
- After that, a new pop-up window will open and you need to select ‘Use DNS server address automatically’ by clicking on it.
- Now click on the ‘OK’ button and then visit the site in Chrome to check the issue.
4] Clear Browsing data
Before moving to this solution, you must check the site in Incognito mode and if it runs smoothly, then you need to clear the browsing data to fix the Chrome connection is not private issue and the detailed procedure is listed below.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Move to the top right of the page and then click on the ‘More’ icon which is symbolized with three vertical dots.
- Soon, a drop-down menu will appear and you need to select ‘Clear browsing data’ followed by ‘More tools’.
- A pop-up window will open and you will have to select all the sections by clicking on the checkbox.
- Make sure to select ‘All-time’ from ‘Time range’.
- After that, click on ‘Clear data’.
5] Disable Antivirus
The problem could be from the end of Antivirus and if you are well aware of the site that it is malware-free then you can disable the Antivirus or else you can turn off the SSL scan feature of Antivirus. This method will help you to open the site in Chrome.
That’s it; these were the effective and comprehensive step by step solutions to resolve ‘Your connection is not private’ issue. However, if you want any assistance in any issue which is annoying you, then post in the comment box and our techies will get back on you in a quick time.