Have you come across the error code 0xc00000e9 in your system? Usually when you are trying to boot your computer and due to various reasons you are unable to boot your system, then this error code occurs. You can absorb status code 0xc00000e9 Unable to Boot error in Windows 7, 8, 10 operating systems. Good thing is that there are solutions to fix the 0xc00000e9 code error. We are providing various solutions as every computer has a different reason for causing the error. You can know about the common causes for the error code 0xc00000e9 and solutions to fix it in continuation.
Causes of error code 0xc00000e9(Unable to Boot Error)
The error 0xc00000e9 results in the black screen while booting your Windows operating system. In some cases, you may try the Windows boot via normal mode but the functions are only available through safe mode.
You need to know the causes of error code 0xc00000e9 to understand better about the error.
- Improper disconnecting or connecting of storage devices (removable).
- Incompatible or outdated driver.
- Malware or virus-infected Data or Registry files cause the error to the operating system booting.
- The malfunctioning hard drive or the system and hard drive connection are not done properly.
- Frequent reinstalling, uninstalling, or installing will lose the files.
- System file integrity is corrupted. If the updated files are incompatible also causes the error.
Troubleshooting Tips to Follow
You have to follow the below tips prior to the solutions to make the error 0xc00000e9 fixing easy.
- You have to remove the connections of all the external devices. Next, restart your computer and see whether the issue is fixed or not.
- Antivirus software comes into importance in this type of situation. You have to perform a deep antivirus scan of your system. If you find the threats or viruses or malware to have a check and remove them completely.
How to Fix “0xc00000e9 Unable to Boot Error”?
Now, you will have to know the solutions for 0xc00000e9 unable to boot error. You have to apply the below solutions one by one, in case you have any doubts get back to us through the comment section. We will resolve your issue with a detailed explanation.
Check the compatibility of Hardware
As we have already discussed that the incompatible hardware is also a prominent reason behind this error. It is always recommended to disconnect all external devices, such as USB flash drives and external hard drives other than keyboard and mouse. Once after disconnecting the external devices, restart your computer.
If this method worked for you, plug back all your external devices one by one. Restart your computer after connecting each and every device. By doing so you will come to know that which one of the external devices is creating the error. Once you find out the culprit device then you can update the relevant driver to its latest version.
Change BIOS Settings
You have to change the BIOS settings to fix the error 0xc00000e9.
- Initially, Shut Down your system and click on the power button.
- You have click Esc, F12, F2 simultaneously to enter into BIOS settings. The option varies from one Windows operating system to the other.
- Go through the user manual or search over internet typing your operating system regarding how to boot Windows 10 operating system.
- On opening BIOS setup utility, Navigate to Boot menu option. And here, you will have to set the hard drive as the 1st boot device.
- Next, save the changes and reboot system.
Note: After reboot, hope the error is resolved. If not resolved, move on to the next solution.
The problem in the driver will cause the error 0xc00000e9. You have to update drivers as most of the drivers will have bug fixes updates releasing frequently.
- Go to the Start button and search for the updated driver or Device Manager.
- On opening the device manager, you can see all the driver categories.
- You have to go through each and every driver category to update them. You have to right-click on the driver and click on the update driver software option.
- Now, you have to wait until the completion of the driver update.
- You have to do it for each and every driver individually. Once, all the driver updating is done restart your system.
System Restore Points
If nothing worked for you then it is recommended to go through a System Restore. You can try to roll back the system to any one of the previous recovery points. To do so just find out a restore point where your computer was working fine. Here are the steps for that:
- While Booting from the Windows Installation Disc, Go to Advanced Recovery Options.
- Now select System Restore.
- You will get a list of Restore Points. Choose the desired restore point from which you want to continue, just make sure that the selected restore point is from the earlier period of the occurrence of error.
Auto Startup Repair
It is also a working solution in such type of errors. You can try now to recover your boot files. To do so:
- Insert Windows Installation Disc and restart your computer and go to Advanced Recovery Option.
- Select Startup Repair.
- Once this is over, just wait for the inbuilt tool to automatically scan the system file and repair them.
If you are facing the error 0xc00000e9, checking disk is more important to find whether the disk is working properly or not.
- You have click Windows+R button to open Run window.
- Next, search for system configuration or type msconfig and click on the OK button.
- Now, navigate to the boot option as shown in the figure. Under that options window, you have to choose the safe boot option.
- Click on Apply and OK button.
- You will get a pop-up window; choose OK to restart your computer.
- After the restart in Safe Mode, search for CMD in the Windows start.
- You have to right-click on the cmd and choose run as administrator. You have to click on the Yes button on the prompt window.
- To check the disk, type chkdsk/f/r command and click on the Enter button to execute it.
- You have to type Y to start the disk check on the next window starts.
- Restart your system to start the disk check. You know the errors in the disk check and system tries to resolve them automatically.
Fix MBR Using Windows PE
If you install Windows OS without MBR (Master Boot Record) setting will raise the error 0xc00000e9. If you set the Local Disc (c) as MBR will fix error 0xc00000e9.
- Connect external drive or hard drive along with Windows PE to your system.
- Open Windows PE, and set Local disc (C) as MBR. And then Restart your system.
- You have to reinstall Windows OS and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Rebuild Windows BCD
Many users reported that the Bootloader Configuration (BCD) repair helps. You can give a try to this solution to fix this error. To execute this step, you need to boot from the installation disk ad follow the below steps:
- Select the recovery mode and open the Command prompt.
- Run the following commands one by one and then Restart the computer.
Clean Windows Registry
Registry cleaning is something risky thing to proceed than other solutions. The registry is the sensitive data in your Windows system. Registries are very essential to perform system operations smoothly.
On modifying or deleting the wrong registries will cause even more damage to your system. So, avoid manual cleaning of registry entries and try any of the software that does it. But try this on your own risk.
If nothing worked for you then there is always an option left to reinstall Windows OS. Though it will clean all your data and the settings stored on your computer.
Before going to reinstall the OS you can backup your essential data to avoid any file loss. Since the settings will be restored by doing this reinstallation, the error will be fixed definitely.
Over to You
The Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9 or Unable to Boot error is a common issue in the system. Hope you are able to fix it using the above solutions. In case, you have any queries contact us through the comment section and we will get back to you with a detailed solution. You can follow us through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to get regular updates regarding our posts. Your suggestions through the comment section will help us to grow and to reach your expectations.