Many a time you might see the Windows O.S throw in DLL errors at you when you are using or trying to install a media or a graphics software. This is because a DLL file is missing in the Directx software which is an in-built program inside the Windows O.S. When you see an error that says d3dx9_43.dll missing, you must know that this error is related to the Directx program and here is how to install it or fix it inside your Windows OS. But before we go into the steps of fixing a DLL file, here is a headstart about what is D3dx9_43.dll file and how it works.
What is a DLL file?
As we all know that DLL is a short form of the dynamic-link library. All the DLL files are stored in the DirectX software collection as a component and work like EXE files but the only difference is they are shared by programs. DLL files are loaded by Windows whenever you want to use any specific function of that program. However, sometimes the DLL files are not loaded properly due to various reasons and your system will throw an error message related to that particular DLL file stating that the DLL is missing or not found error.
What is d3dx9_43.dll?
Most Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs use DirectX. DLL files are the component of DirectX. D3dx9_43.dll file is one of such files and if your system failed to load this file while installing any media or graphics software then you will encounter the error message somehow like this:
This program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
Various Error messages reported by Users
The D3dx9_43.dll missing error is encountered by almost all of us. This error affects gamers most. Different users faced this error in different messages displayed on their screen. I have listed some most common error messages reported by users.
- Cannot find D3DX9_43.dll
- D3DX9_43.dll could not be located
- Cannot register D3DX9_43.dll
- D3DX9_43.dll Access Violation
- This program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
- This application failed to start because d3dx9_43.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
How to Fix D3dx9_43.dll missing on Windows?
Here are the top solutions you can try to fix the problem. You need not try them all, just try the methods one by one down the list until you solve your problem.
Restart your Computer
Though this is the simplest solution to see, however, it can resolve issues that are just a fluke. The d3dx9_43.dll error you are facing might be a fluke and a simple restart could fix it up. So if you haven’t restart your computer yet give it a try and check for the error.
Scan for Malware and Check for Infection
Some users reported that they encountered this issue due to malware infection. It is always recommended to perform a full scan and check for any virus or malware infection. If your computer is free from malware then there are chances that the antivirus installed in your computer might be interfering with the operation. To check this you need to disable the antivirus temporarily.
Update the drivers of your video card. If you have upgraded your video card and have forgotten to install or update the drivers, you could see this error popping. These are the steps you can follow to update the video drivers and fix the d3dx9_43.dll missing on Windows error.
- Go to the start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Then go to Device Manager. Click to open it.
- Another way to open the device manager is to open the command prompt and type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Click on the monitors and right-click on it to find the Update Driver option.
- The driver of the device starts updating from the manufacturer’s site.
- You can choose the option to install it from the disk that has drivers.
- Hit Refresh from the Device Manager menu after installation is complete.
- Restart the computer and check for the error.
Run SFC and DISM Scan
- Press Windows+X and select Command Prompt.
- Enter sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The scan will now start and can take about 15 minutes.
- Once the scan is finished restart the computer and check for the error.
Run DISM Scan
- Open Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now run the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- DISM scan will start and can take about 20 minutes or more.
- After the DISM scan is finished check for the error.
- If these scans didn’t work for you, try the next methods.
Re-register d3dx9.dll with Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt on your Windows PC.
- Type the command regsvr32 /u d3dx9.dll into the dialog box and press the Enter key to deregister the .dll file.
- Now type the command regsvr32 /i d3dx9.dll and press Enter key. This will re-register .dll the file.
- Reboot the computer and check for the error.
Reinstall the game or program facing d3dx9_43.dll missing error
Some corrupt games or programs may be the reason behind d3dx9_43.dll missing error. In such a case, you need to uninstall the specific game or the program facing the error and then reinstall it. Once the process is completed then try to run it again and check for the error.
Download and Run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
An incompatible version of DirectX is also a cause for this error. You can roll-back your DirectX to its previous version by using DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. To do so follow these steps:
- Visit the official Microsoft website and type DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer in the search box and press Enter. and then click on the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the search results.
- You can change the language before downloading the file. Now, scroll down to click Download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Once the installation is finished Run it and check for the error.
Download and Install the Latest version of DirectX
The d3dx9_43.dll is a file related to graphics or gaming software. You can download the latest Direct X package from the Microsoft site and run it to fix this error. You can uninstall and reinstall gaming or graphics software on your system to fix this error. Here is how to download Direct X and fix this error.
- Go to Microsoft’s Direct X page and click on the Download button.
- Save the DirectX setup file on your computer.
- To run the set up click on the dxwebsetup.exe and install the Direct X file. This software runs on all versions of Windows.
- During the installation uncheck options to install third party programs that are bundled along with this software.
- Proceed with the installation and restart the computer. The missing DLL file will be restored.
Copy the d3dx9_43.dll file from another computer
If none of the above methods worked for you then you can try to copy the d3dx9_43.dll file another computer. Before going to copy the file you just need to check that both the systems should be running on the same configuration. To do so follow these steps:
- Check your Windows system type and find a computer with the same configuration.
To check the system information you should do:
- Press the Windows logo key to open the Search box and type system information and then select System Information from the result.
- Check the system information of both the computers.
If both are the same then follow these steps:
- Press the Windows+E keys to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and type d3dx9_43.dll and press Enter. And Copy the d3dx9_43.dll file and paste it (in your problem computer) into the same location from where you have copied the file.
- If it shows no results, then navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and search d3dx9_43.dll again. And do the same copy-paste process as said above.
These were effective ways to fix d3dx9_43.dll missing errors. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates related to errors on Windows, macOS, Android, and Games.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.
Leave a Reply