Blue Screen of error is a fatal system error that flashes in the screen amid the startup of Windows. Wdf01000.sys is one of those such blue screen errors in which the Operating System fails to operate safely. The issue arises amid running the software or loading the driver. So, if you encounter this error and looking for a way to resolve effectively, then you have landed on the right path as here you will get the comprehensive solutions to the issue.
What is wdf01000.sys Blue Screen Error?
This error relates to the Windows Driver Framework 01000 (wdf01000.sys) file. It is a driver that acts as a communication link between the hardware and the devices. The BSOD arises when the driver or newly installed software supporting hardware failed to respond. Well, Wdf.sys01000.sys blue screen error in Windows 10 can be resolved in a quick span of time. The error message displays during this error is as given below:
STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – Wdf01000.sys.
The solutions for the same are listed below which will help you to resolve the issue effectively.
The error associated with wdf01000.sys Blue Screen of Death Error
These all are examples of Blue Screen Errors in Windows. However, these all are relevant to this error more or less. The troubleshooting steps for each would depend on the error message displayed on your screen, here are some steps you need to execute to resolve the error.
Fix wdf01000.sys Blue Screen Error in Windows
These are effective ways given below to resolve blue screen error or wdf01000 sys error in Windows 10
Run the DISM Tool
As we have already discussed that this error can be occurred due to corrupt system files. To repair those corrupt system files run the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool. Moreover, if any of the Windows images become unserviceable or corrupt then you can use this tool to update those files and resolve the issue.
Update your driver
Drivers enable the applications to run smoothly and if it is not updated, then it may result in such error. So, it is always advised to update the driver regularly. Mostly the Windows OS does it automatically, but sometimes the corrupt software or application becomes the hurdles. So, in this case, you will have to do it manually.
- Press Win+X+M keys together to open Device Manager in your system. You can also open the Device Manager by hovering your mouse cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then click on ‘Device Manager’.
- A new window will appear on your screen featuring various devices and drivers. Move to ‘Disk drives’, click on the arrow button to expand the features.
- Thereafter, select the driver, right-click on it and choose ‘Update Driver’.
- Repeat the task for ‘Display adapters’ too.
- After completing the task, restart your computer.
Update Windows to Fix Wdf01000.sys Blue Screen of Death Error
Windows update is a unique service provided by Microsoft which downloads and installs the latest Windows Software and hence enables the users to access the OS effectively. As stated it is an automatic process but sometimes you will have to go for the manual process and for your solace the steps are listed below.
- Press Win key or click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘Gear’ icon which symbolizes ‘Settings’.
- Thereafter, the Windows Setting page will appear which will display the settings of various applications, click on ‘Update & Security’.
- Now click on ‘Check for Updates’
- After that, Windows will scan for the updates and if any such is required, then it will do the same.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer after the completion of the process.
Run System File Checker
It is a Windows tool that scans and fixes the corrupted system files. The missing system files are the prime reasons behind the issue. So, you must check those files which are becoming hurdles in the way of OS. The process is simple and they are provided below.
- Press Win+X+A keys together for opening a Command Prompt Windows in admin mode.
- You can also open it manually by clicking on the ‘Start’ menu. Type ‘CMD’ in the search bar and after getting the search result, select ‘Command Prompt’ then right-click on it and choose an option ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter a command box will appear on your screen, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the prompt box and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, wait for some time as the process will consume your valuable time to give fruitful results.
- Once the process is done, you need to restart your computer.
Use Check Disk Tool
Check Disk is an inbuilt utility of Windows OS which has the potential to fix Wdf01000.sys windows 10 error. The process is simple and you will have to perform the task in the command prompt.
- First and foremost open the command box by pressing Win+X+A keys respectively or click on the ‘Start’ menu and then type ‘CMD’ in the search bar. After getting the searched result, select CMD then right-click on it and then click on ‘Run as administrator’.
- If a confirmation box appears seeking permission, then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Soon, you will find the command box on your screen and now your job is to type ‘chkdsk/f/r’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to check the volume after restarting the computer, press ‘Y’ key to proceed further.
- After finishing the process, close the command box and then restart your computer.
Uninstall the Application
If the error Wdf01000.sys arises after launching a specific program, then you will have to uninstall it and the process for the same is listed beneath.
- Press Win+X+P keys respectively to open the Control Panel. You can also open the same window by clicking on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, a Control Panel page will appear featuring a list of applications, select ‘Programs’.
- And then click on the ‘Programs and Features’.
- Now, select the recently installed software and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ button located at the top of the page.
- After that, you will be asked for the confirmation, click on the ‘Yes’ button to proceed ahead.
- Now wait for some time and when the process gets completed, restart your computer.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Blue Screen Software is an inbuilt feature of Windows 10 which enables the users to troubleshoot the issues. So, if you want to resolve the error, then you must utilize this tool and the process for the same is quite simple.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu to get the list of applications. Now click on the Settings icon located above the ‘Power’ menu.
- Thereafter, a Windows Settings page will appear and you just need to get access in the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- After getting an entry in the ‘Update & Security’ section, click on ‘Troubleshoot’ listed at the left-end of the page.
- On your screen ‘Troubleshoot’ page will appear and beneath the ‘Find and fix other problems’ section you will get ‘Blue Screen’, click on it. And then click on ‘Run the troubleshooter’ located beneath the same.
- Now seat & relax and allow the Windows to fix the issue. Also, make sure to restart your computer after the completion of the process.
Re-register the wdf01000.sys File
One reason behind this error is that the wdf01000.sys file might not be correctly registered in the registry. However, you can re-register this file with the Regsvr32 utility. Follow these steps to re-register the wdf01000 file.
- Open the Cortana app.
- Open search box and type ‘cmd’, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Enter “regsvr32 C:Windowssystem32driverswdf01000.sys” in the Command Prompt, and press Enter.
Scan for Viruses
The virus always blocks the way of OS and damages the system files. So, it is always recommended to install the genuine and trusted software and also scan your PC periodically through Windows Defender.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘Settings’ icon located above the ‘Power’ menu.
- Soon, Windows Settings page will appear, click on ‘Update and Security’.
- Thereafter, you will find a list of options featuring at the left end of the page, click on ‘Windows Security’.
- In the ‘Windows Security’ page you will get additional options; click on ‘’Virus and threat protection’.
- After that, a new pop-up window will appear on the screen which will show the ‘Threat history’ and beneath the same you will find ‘Run a new advanced scan’ button, click on it.
- In the ‘Advanced Scans’ chart, you will get the way to scan your PC as per your convenience, click on ‘Full Scan’ and further click on ‘Scan Now’ button located at the bottom of the page.
- After the completion of the process, restart your computer.
Hence, these were some of the effective solutions against the issue Wdf01000 sys Windows 10. However, if the issue still persists, then you can go for the System Restore option which will revert back the system in the working condition. If you want to know more, post your query in the comment box and in a quick span of time our techies will assist you.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.
Leave a Reply