Runtime Broker Windows 10 is an executable file designed and developed by the Microsoft whose prime aim is to monitor the apps and to ensure that the apps have desired permission to run on the system. It also ensures that the apps should not cross the core security of the System. In short, Runtime Broker acts a bridge between the application and the system security and thus gives way to those applications that have all the permissions.
What is Runtime Broker?
Runtime Broker process was first introduced by Microsoft in Windows 8 and still continues to be used in Windows 10. This (RuntimeBroker.exe) is an executable file located in the System32 folder on the computer. The main task of Runtime Broker is to check if the applications that you are using on your Windows computer have all the required permissions to run on your system. Runtime Broker always monitors the accesses to Windows API’s and ensures that apps do not violate the core security of Windows.
How to resolve Runtime Broker Windows 10 High CPU Usage?
Generally, Runtime Broker access low memory and perform smoothly in the computer but some corrupted applications abruptly change its behavior and due to the same, Runtime Broker shows high CPU error. Well, there are few troubleshooting steps which will fix such kind of issue. However, if your computer is running slow and Runtime Broker is consuming more CPU, then follow the steps listed beneath to fix the issue.
1. Terminate Runtime Broker executable file from the Task Manager to fix Runtime Broker Windows 10 High CPU Usage Error
This is a temporary method which will stop the Runtime Broker Windows 10 to operate in the system. The method is very simple and for your need and convenience, we have provided the same in the steps format for effective execution.
- First and foremost, hover your mouse to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Now, right-click on it and from the list of applications, select ‘Task Manager’.
- Thereafter, you will find, ‘Task Manager’ window on your screen and your job are to find out the ‘Runtime Broker’.
- Now, click on ‘Runtime Broker’ and then look at the bottom of the page, here you will find the ‘End Task’ button which is activated and you know what to do. Yes, you got it just click on it.
2. Disable Windows support features ‘Show me tips about Windows’ to fix Runtime Broker High CPU Usage Error Windows 10
Windows 10 offers multiple features to the users so that they can access the OS effectively and one of such is the Tips part, it helps the beginners to understand the Windows easily. So, disabling this feature will prevent Runtime Broker Windows 10 to consume more memory. The process for the same is listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’ which is located just above the power menu.
- Thereafter, ‘Windows Settings’ page will appear on the screen with multiple options, click on the ‘System’.
- Soon, you will find another page with relevant features, scroll down the page and select ‘Notifications & actions’ from the left panel.
- Now scroll down the page and select ‘Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows’ and after that click on the button to turn it off.
3. Disable Runtime Broker from Registry Editor
After applying the above methods, if Runtime Broker Windows 10 is still consuming the memory, then disable it permanently. Well, don’t worry it will not affect your system and in the future, you can enable it easily. Now, go through the detailed process and execute it effectively.
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key simultaneously and this method will present a ‘Run’ dialog box in front of you.
- Now, type ‘regedit’ in the box, as shown in the image and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, you will get the ‘Registry Editor’ window, select ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ and click on the arrow button to get additional settings.
- Now select ‘SYSTEM’; click on the arrow button located at the left end of the folder and then choose ‘CurrentControlSet’ from the featured options.
- In the menu of ‘CurrentControlSet’, you will get several options, select ‘Services’.
- Now, click on the arrow button located parallel to the ‘Services’ folder and choose ‘TimeBrokerSvc’.
- Click on ‘TimeBrokerSvc’ and after that, you will get a few options at the right panel, select ‘Start’ file.
- Now, double-click on the ‘Start’ file and soon, a pop-up will appear, move to the ‘Value data’ section and insert 4 in the box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it; Runtime Broker is disabled from the system. However, if you want to enable it again, then change the value data to 3 in place of 4.
4. Modify Windows Updates by disabling a feature ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’
This is an effective method to prevent Runtime Broker Windows 10 to consume more CPU usage. The process is an easy one and for your convenience, the detailed steps are listed beneath.
- Open Settings and for the same, click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’ which is symbolized as a gear-shaped icon.
- In the ‘Settings’ page, you will find several features, choose ‘Update and Security’.
- In the next page, you will get the summary of the Windows Updates including few settings, select ‘Advanced options’.
- Now, scroll down the next page and select ‘Delivery Optimization’.
- In the next page, you will get a feature ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’ select the same and turn the radio button in off mode.
Conclusion: Runtime Broker Windows 10 High CPU Usage Error
That’s it; the above-said solutions will minimize the consumption of memory done by Runtime Broker. However, if still, you have any query or other issues, then feel free to contact us. We are here to assist you with effective solutions. Our services are open for 24*7, so you can seek for the techies’ assistance anytime as per your need. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page.