PS4 NAT type failed. Sounds like your problem? Folks it is a common error, annoying you amid the gameplay as you might unable to hear the other gamers. Many of the gamers like you faced this error and still wonders how to fix this? In this post, I will walk you through the troubleshooting tips to fix the error PS4 NAT type failed.
The game is a medium that gives a lot of fun and entertainment and amid the change in Era, various developments occurred in the gaming platform and at present, gamers usually prefer PlayStation. It is a platform that gives a true feeling of the game, but some players failed to access its excellent features due to an error message ‘PS4 NAT type failed’. In a broad sense, the message denotes that there is a problem in the Network settings of PS4 or in Router. There are various other errors encountered in PS4 and it is the most common issue faced by the gamers.
So, if you are really annoyed by this issue, then don’t worry as here you will get the ultimate solutions to resolve an issue.
What is NAT and what are its types?
Well, before moving towards the solution part, you must know about NAT (Network Address Translation) and its types because this information will let you know, which settings you should keep on your router and PS4 to resolve an issue.
NAT is termed as ‘Network Address Translation’ whose prime role is to translate Public IP address to a Private IP address. It protects the Public IP address and also conceals the internal IP address. By using this mechanism, your ISP’s map one single IP to several clients simultaneously with a distinct port number. This process takes place in the form of packets. When a packet is incoming the public IP is translated into a private IP and accordingly the port numbers get changed. To do this conversion go to a NAT address table is present at NAT device. The routers at your home will follow the same process. There is a total of three types of NAT present, which are as under:
Classification of NAT
NAT is classified into three types, i.e. Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and the differentiation factor among them is the network settings. The details are listed below which will help you to understand the NAT types effectively.
NAT Type 1 (Open):
It is regarded as the Open Network System in which there is no interference of firewalls and the connection between the system and the Network is direct. NAT Type 1 is ideal for PS4 but it offers several security threats also.
NAT Type 2 (Moderate):
It is a moderate network system in which users can access the game effectively and there won’t e any breach in the security.
NAT Type 3 (Strict):
This type restrict the network and the firewall completely dominates the Network and this type usually becomes the prime cause behind an issue ‘PS4 NAT type failed’. So, better you can switch the Network setting of PS4 and router to NAT Type 1 or Type 2.
Why my PS4 is showing NAT type failed?
Usually, the error “PS4 NAT Type Failed” gets sparked due to incorrect network settings in your PS4, or the network firewall creating the issue. By changing the type of NAT, you can get rid of this error simply. We will try these using router settings.
PS4 NAT type failed? Here are the effective troubleshooting steps
If you are really annoyed by this error, then don’t worry as here you will get the ultimate solutions to resolve the PS4 Nat Type failed error. If the error lies at your end then definitely you will get rid of this error by these hacks. Let’s have a try to the solutions:
Configure the PS4 Network Settings manually
As we have discussed the issue can be arisen due to incorrect network settings also. So you can check your IP address in PS4 changed or not. However, you can configure network settings manually in your PS4. Now the question arises on how to check IP address in your PS4. Keep reading!
Here is how to check your PS4 IP address
To check the IP address of your PS4 just follow these steps:
- Open PS4 Settings and click on Network in the drop-down menu.
- Select view connection status.
- Here you will find out all the information about the network which your PS4 is using including the IP address and all. Note it down somewhere.
Now, how to configure PS4 network settings manually?
- Connect a Windows PC/Laptop to the same network as to the PS4.
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously to open Run box.
- Type cmd in the Run box and press Enter.
- Copy and paste the command ipconfig/all in the command prompt and press Enter.
- Note down the IP address, the Default Gateway, the Subnet Mask, and the DNS Server.
- Now head to PS4 Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
- If you are using a WiFi then select Use WiFi or if you are connecting to an Ethernet then select Use a LAN cable.
- Later select Custom and enter the Network Information that you have noted down.
- Under Proxy Server select Do Not Use.
- Once the internet settings updated, select Test internet connection.
- Here you will see your PS4 internet connection details.
- It should be the same as you have updated recently.
Turn ON Universal Plug and Play
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is a protocol on the Router which enables the devices to get traceable on the network. The process is simple, but before performing this step, make sure you have the credentials of the Router such as username and password.
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Now, type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, the Router login page will appear and here you will have to provide the username and password. Make sure to provide the correct credentials and after completing the same, click on the Login button.
- Now, locate for the UPnP, in most of the routers it is featured in the ‘Forwarding’ section followed by the ‘Advanced’ tab and in some router, UPnP is featured in the ‘services’ section of the Router. After finding UPnP, click on it and further click on the checkbox ‘Enable’. And then click on the ‘Apply Changes’ button located beneath the page.
- That’s it, now close the browser and then restart your computer.
- After completing the above task, it’s time to check the PS4 NAT type and for the same, go to the ‘Settings of the PS4, move to the ‘Test Internet Connection’ section followed by ‘Network’. Here, you will get the details of the Network, scroll down the page and look for the NAT Type; it should be Type 1 or2.
However, if still, the error message ‘PS4 NAT type failed’ appears on the screen, then get ready for the advanced solutions. First and foremost, make your PS4 a DMZ host to resolve such an issue and the process for the same is simple.
Make PS4 a DMZ host to fix PS4 Nat Type Failed
DMZ is known as Demilitarized Zone is a physical subnet whose prime role is to create a bridge between the LAN and other untrusted networks. Here, untrusted means the Internet. So, enabling this feature on the Router will resolve the issue ‘PS4 NAT type failed’. To fix the issue follow these steps:-
- Open your browser and in the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 and then hit on ‘Enter’ key.
- Soon, you will find the Login page of the Router.
- Now, type your username and password in the respective boxes and then click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Thereafter, you will get several tabs on the top of the page and your job is to find out the DMZ menu. It is located in the sub-menu of the NAT, so first find out the NAT to get access in the DMZ menu.
- After getting the DMZ menu, go to the ‘DMZ Host IP address’ and enter the PS4 IP address. If you are unaware of the PS4 IP address, then you can get the same from the Network setting of PS4.
- Now, click on ‘Apply Changes’.
- That’s it, now; restart your computer to get rid of an error ‘PS4 NAT type failed’. This is an effective method and will resolve the issue.
Forward Port for PS4
If all the method fails and yet the issue ‘PS4 NAT type failed’ remains then apply this method. This technique will fix the connection issue of your PS4 and you know what you need to do. Yes, exactly, follow the steps carefully and execute them effectively.
- First and foremost, open the browser on your computer and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’ key.
- The browser will direct you to the Router Login page and here, you will have to provide the correct credentials of the Router. After filling the details, click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Now, look out for the section ‘Port Forwarding or Port Mapping’.
- After finding the same, you will get the list of Groups, select the one and then click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Now, enter the Port number and IP address of the PS4 in the table. However, if you are not aware of the Port Number, then you can try 80(TCP), 3480(TCP), 443(TCP), 3479(TCP and UDP).
- After finishing the task, click on ‘Apply changes’.
That’s it, you are all done and the issue ‘PS4 NAT type failed’ is completely resolved. Let’s know in the comment section which one method works for you. However, if you stuck amid the steps or find any difficulties in any process, then feel free to contact us. We will offer a comprehensive solution against the issue and will resolve the same in a quick span of time. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page and stay tuned to this space for such tutorials and guides.
Leave a Reply