Most of the gamers faced an issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0 amid the launch of the game and this situation make them annoyed as PS4 crashing and game failed to open. Well, if you are also one of the victims, then don’t worry. Here, you will find the utmost and comprehensive solution against the above-mentioned issue.
But, before heading further, you must get familiar with the prime causes behind an issue PlayStation PS4 error code CE-34878-0 and game crashing. The reasons will give you the right path towards the solution and hence, you will easily fix the aforesaid issue.
Reasons behind PS4 error code CE-34878-0
Whenever the game or application in the PS4 crashes, then it shows the message displaying PS4 error code CE-34878-0. The game gets corrupted due to a software issue or lack of update of PS4 software. These are the prime reasons behind an issue. Now, get ready and follow these steps to troubleshoot the severe issue.
PS4 error code CE-34878-0: Solutions
Update System Software
The developers of PS4 usually update the system software to fix the bugs and minor issues of the system. However, if you have not updated the software, then don’t get worried, the process is simple and you can execute the same in a couple of minutes.
- First and foremost open PlayStation.
- In the Home Screen, you will find the ‘Settings’ option, select the same.
- Under the section of Settings, you will get several options; choose ‘System Software Update’.
- Thereafter, PS4 will start its operation and will lookout for the latest updates needed for the system and after finding the same, it will install the files automatically.
- When the process is done, restart your console to apply the changes.
Update the game
This is an easy and basic process and it is always recommended to update the game periodically to avoid the issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0. Well, if you have not done, then follow these steps.
- Launch PlayStation.
- Now, select the affected game from the Home Screen and then press the Options button.
- Thereafter, you will get a few options on the right end of the screen, select ‘Check for Updates’.
- Once the process is done, restart your console and then check the game.
Uninstall and Reinstall the game
This process mostly works against the issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0. So, you should try the same. This method will remove the game completely and will install the latest version of the game. The process is a simple one and for your convenience, the steps for the same are listed below.
- Open PS4 and then move to the ‘Settings’ section.
- In the ‘Settings’ page, you will find an option ‘System Storage Management’, select it.
- The next page will display a few options, select ‘Applications’ located at the top of the menu.
- In the Application section, you will get the list of installed game, select the one which is affected and then press the Options button on the console to get the ‘Delete’ icon and thereafter select it to remove the game completely.
- After uninstalling the game, restart your PS4.
- Now, install the game and this time it will work smoothly.
If all the methods fail and the issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0 still persists, then apply this method. Initialization is a process which removes all the files and saved data on the system storage. In short, the definition itself has given a warning, so before applying this method make sure you have the backup of the data because this process will erase all the saved files completely and you won’t get it back.
- Open PS4 and select ‘Settings’ from the Home Screen.
- Select an option ‘Initialize PS4’ from the settings menu.
- After this, you will get an opportunity to choose a way to initialize PS4. It is recommended to select ‘Full’ option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- After completing the process, reinstall the game but before that restore the data from the backup.
Replace third-party HDD with the Original one
The prime concern of the gamers in the PS4 is to increase the console’s storage space and for the same, most of them replace the original one with third-party HDD and due to this, an unwanted gate opens which allow the issue to get enter and one of such is the PS4 error code CE-34878-0. So, if you want to remove the error code, then switch back to the original HDD console and make sure to use the one which is offered by your provider.
Well, in the worst condition, none of the solutions works to resolve an issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0, then contact PlayStation technical support. It is always recommended to get the support from the firm who has provided you the PlayStation. However, if you failed to contact them, then get in touch with us. We will provide you with a gateway through which you can easily contact the geeks. We offer the support 24*7, so you can reach anytime for the assistance.
Also Read: How to fix PS4 NAT type failed?