Most of the gamers faced an issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0 amid the launch of the game and this situation make them annoyed as PS4 crashing and game failed to open. Means this error indicates that the game you are playing has been crashed. Well, if you are also one of the victims, then don’t worry. Here, you will find the utmost and comprehensive solution against the above-mentioned issue.
But, before heading further, you must get familiar with the prime causes behind an issue PlayStation PS4 error code CE-34878-0 and game crashing. The reasons will give you the right path towards the solution and hence, you will easily fix the aforesaid issue.
Overview of the Error Code CE-34878-0
As we have discussed that the error code CE-34878-0 relates to the games crash. In this error when you are playing the PS4 games you may encounter this error. CE-34878-0 is the most common error codes occurring to gamers. The error message received by the gamers amid the game due to this error is given below:
An error has occurred in the following application.
PS4 Games facing Error Code CE-34878-0
According to the reports and the queries raised by the gamers on the various forums, the major PS4 games creating this CE-34878-0 error are listed below:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Fifa 19
- NBA 2K 19
- Red Dead Online
We have listed only six major PS4 games that are creating CE-34878-0 error doesn’t mean that only these games are creating the said error. Though there are other games also that is creating this error code but these six games are the most affected games and frequently affected by this error code. There are some other errors also related to PS4 such PS4 Nat type Failed.
Why PS4 error code CE-34878-0 occurs?
Whenever the game or application in the PS4 crashes, then it shows the message displaying PS4 error code CE-34878-0. The game gets corrupted due to PS4 corrupted data, a software issue or lack of update of PS4 software. These are the prime reasons behind an issue. Now, get ready and follow these steps to troubleshoot the severe issue.
How to Fix PS4 error code CE-34878-0?
Folks it is always recommended to back up your PS4 data before going to fix any error. Because executing any solution mentioned below may result in your PS4 data loss. Once you have backed up your PS4 data you can proceed to fix the error safely.
Restart the game and PS4 Firmware
As we have discussed earlier that CE-34878-0 is a common error that indicates the game you are currently playing has been crashed. To fix this issue you can restart the game and check for the existence of error code.
Apart from this, the faulty hardware is also a prime suspect of this game. So you can try restarting the PS4 firmware. Completely turn off the PS4 console and controller and then restart. Now re-open the problematic game that you were playing to see if the error has been resolved.
Update System Software
The developers of PS4 usually update the system software to fix the bugs and minor issues of the system. However, if you have not updated the software, then don’t get worried, the process is simple and you can execute the same in a couple of minutes.
- First and foremost open PlayStation.
- In the Home Screen, you will find the ‘Settings’ option, select the same.
- Under the section of Settings, you will get several options; choose ‘System Software Update’.
- Thereafter, PS4 will start its operation and will look out for the latest updates needed for the system and after finding the same, it will install the files automatically.
- When the process is done, restart your console to apply the changes.
Update the game
This is an easy and basic process and it is always recommended to update the game periodically to avoid the issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0. Well, if you have not done, then follow these steps.
- Launch PlayStation.
- Now, select the affected game from the Home Screen and then press the Options button.
- Thereafter, you will get a few options on the right end of the screen, select ‘Check for Updates’.
- Once the process is done, restart your console and then check the game.
Uninstall and Reinstall the game
This process mostly works against the issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0. So, you should try the same. This method will remove the game completely and will install the latest version of the game. The process is a simple one and for your convenience, the steps for the same are listed below.
- Open PS4 and then move to the ‘Settings’ section.
- In the ‘Settings’ page, you will find an option ‘System Storage Management’, select it.
- The next page will display a few options, select ‘Applications’ located at the top of the menu.
- In the Application section, you will get the list of installed game, select the one which is affected and then press the Options button on the console to get the ‘Delete’ icon and thereafter select it to remove the game completely.
- After uninstalling the game, restart your PS4.
- Now, install the game and this time it will work smoothly.
Turn Off Face Recognition
To enjoy the better gaming experience some gamers connect the PS camera to the PS4 but this might lead to error CE-34878-0. If you are also on the same list then remove it and restart your PS4. Along with this, you have to turn off the face recognition feature of PS4.
- Go to PS4 Settings > Devices.
- Go to Turn off Device.
- Select the radio switch to turn the camera off and restart your PS4.
- Navigate to Settings > User.
- And then go to Login Settings.
- Uncheck Enable Face Recognition option.
- Launch the game and check for the error.
Change PS4 Display Settings
Many users reported that by merely changing the video output settings from Automatic to 720p will fix this error. Try them and check for the error. Though the PS4 will automatically manage video output settings however if you want to use any specific video resolution then follow these easy steps:
- Go to Settings > Sound and Screen.
- Select Video Output Settings > Resolution.
- You will get these options and select your default resolution
1080p (It is the default resolution in maximum PS4 games)
If all the methods fail and the issue PS4 error code CE-34878-0 still persists, then apply this method. Initialization is a process which removes all the files and saved data on the system storage. In short, the definition itself has given a warning, so before applying this method make sure you have the backup of the data because this process will erase all the saved files completely and you won’t get it back.
- Open PS4 and select ‘Settings’ from the Home Screen.
- Select an option ‘Initialize PS4’ from the settings menu.
- After this, you will get an opportunity to choose a way to initialize PS4. It is recommended to select ‘Full’ option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- After completing the process, reinstall the game but before that restore the data from the backup.
Replace third-party HDD with the Original one
The prime concern of the gamers in the PS4 is to increase the console’s storage space and for the same, most of them replace the original one with third-party HDD and due to this, an unwanted gate opens which allow the issue to get enter and one of such is the PS4 error code CE-34878-0. So, if you want to remove the error code, then switch back to the original HDD console and make sure to use the one which is offered by your provider.
Get in touch with Sony Support
If none of the methods worked for you then there might be the error in your PS4 and it is beyond my capability to fix this error. Then contact PlayStation technical support. It is always recommended to get the support from the firm who has provided you with the PlayStation to get this PS4 repaired or replaced subject to warranty.
Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, Android, and other gaming consoles. If you feel this article helpful then please like, share and follow our Facebook page.