The error DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Hung states that the application’s device is failed and due to this reason, you won’t be able to access the games effectively. Generally, DirectX is an API and an inbuilt application of Microsoft whose prime aim is to handle the games. So, if any issue arises on the DirectX, then the game will crash in the Windows.
So, if you really need to play the games, then you will have to resolve the issue.
- 1 Causes behind ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’
- 1.1 How to fix ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ effectively on the computer?
Causes behind ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’
But before moving ahead, we must focus on the reasons behind an issue ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’. Well, as per our deep analysis, we figured out that improper configuration of game, outdated graphics card driver, overclocked CPU, and DirectX are the prime reasons against this issue. So, to fix the same, we will have to resolve the above-said problems. To eradicate the issue, tighten your seat belt and get ready for the adventurous journey.
How to fix ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ effectively on the computer?
There are few advanced solutions which will help you to fix the above said issue and the same are listed below. Your job is to follow the steps carefully and land on the stop when you reach your destination.
1. Update Graphics Card
If you are contending with ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG kingdom come error on your PC, then you must update the graphics card as most of the game issues are resolved through this method.
- Open ‘Run’ dialog box on your computer by pressing ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, Device Manager’ window will appear which will show several features of the drivers and hardware including ‘Display Adapter’ select the one.
- After selecting the ‘Display Adapter’, click on the arrow button and expand its sub-parts.
- Now, select the relevant graphics card, right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’ from the list of featured options.
- Thereafter, a pop-up will appear on your screen which will present two options in front of you. Select an automatic option and allow the windows to configure the updated graphics card on your computer.
2. Update DirectX
As stated earlier, DirectX is the key application for the games and if it is updated, then DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Hung will not hit on your PC screen. So, make sure you are accessing the current version of the DirectX. Now, you may wonder, how to check the version of the DirectX. Well, the solution is quite simple and for your convenience, the steps are listed beneath.
Check the version of DirectX on your computer
- To do this process, you will have to open the ‘Run’ box on your PC and for the same, press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘dxdiag’ on the box and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear on your computer display, featured with few tabs at the top of the page.
- Click on ‘System’ tab and then scroll down the page. In the end, you will find ‘DirectX Version’ and it will show the current version which you are using.
After knowing the version of the DirectX, it’s time to update the same with the latest version and it is available on the official website of the Microsoft. Now, follow the steps and update the DirectX application.
Quick and effective ways to update DirectX
- Go to the official website of the Microsoft, move to the download center and select ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- However, you can also reach directly by clicking on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
- Now, scroll down the page, select the language and then click on ‘Download’ button.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and it will show the installation instructions, follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- After the completion of the task, restart your computer.
3. Stop overclocking the CPU
Overclocking is the ultimate tool which enables you to experience the game in an utmost manner, usually, it sets the FPS to the maximum settings so that you can enjoy the game, but these settings gives an additional stress to the GPU and hence, lead to an issue ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’. So if you want to fix this problem, you will have to stop the overclocking CPU and you can perform the task at the BIOS. After reaching to the BIOS section, reduce the speed and keep it at the normal position.
Disabling Sound Card may prevent the issue DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG kingdom come game on your computer. Many users attempted this method and got the fruitful result. For your solace, the steps are listed beneath.
A quick approach to disable Sound Card
- Open ‘Run’ box by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, a Device Manager’ window will appear which will show a few features and your job is to navigate for the ‘Sound, video and audio device’ section. After getting it, select the same.
- Now, click on the arrow button to expand its sub-section and then select the ‘audio driver’.
- After selecting the audio driver, right click on it and then select an option ‘Disable’ from the drop-down menu.
- Soon, you will find a pop-up seeking for the permission, click on ‘Yes’ button to proceed further.
- However, if you don’t want to go through this method, then you can physically remove the sound card from your computer.
4. Update Windows
Last but not least, this method also resolves the error ‘DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Hung’. Sometimes, lack of update led to the above-said issue, so it is always recommended to update the windows periodically. Well, most of the times, windows do it automatically, but due to some bugs, it fails to update automatically. Now, it’s your job to do it manually.
- If you are a window 10 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’.
- However, if you are windows 7 or 8 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Settings’ in the search bar and after that hit on ‘Enter’ button.
- The settings page will be shown on your display with some advanced options, select ‘Update & Security’.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and it will show the summary of the windows update and below the same, you will get a button ‘check for update’, click on it.
- Now, sit idle and give time to windows to update the features.
That’s it and you are all done. These were the effective troubleshooting steps to resolve an issue ‘DXGI_Error_Device_Hung’. However, if you failed to accomplish the task, then contact us for the utmost solution. We will assist you and will resolve the issue in a quick span of time. Being a most prominent tech support firm, we offer a wide range of solutions against any issues in the Operating System. Hence, stays connected with us and access the OS without any interruption. ‘