The error DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Hung error code 0x887A0006 states that the application’s device is failed and due to this reason, you won’t be able to access the games effectively. Generally, DirectX is an API and an inbuilt application of Microsoft whose prime aim is to handle the games. So, if any issue arises on the DirectX, then the game will crash in the Windows.
So, if you really need to play games, then you will have to resolve the error code 0x887A0006.
What does the ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ error code 0x887A0006 mean?
The error code 0x887A0006 means that the application’s device is failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. Basically, it is a design-time problem that needs to be reviewed and fixed. This issue usually appears amid various video games that cause them to crash spontaneously while presenting this error message on the screen:
Why ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ error code 0x887A0006 occurs?
But before moving ahead, we must focus on the reasons behind an issue ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ error code 0x887A0006. Well, as per our deep analysis, we figured out that improper configuration of the game, outdated graphics card driver, overclocked CPU, and DirectX are the prime reasons against this issue. So, to fix the same, we will have to resolve the above-said problems. To eradicate the issue, tighten your seat belt and get ready for the adventurous journey.
How to fix ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ error code 0x887A0006 on the computer?
Here are a few advanced solutions that will help you to fix the above-said issue. Your job is to follow the steps carefully and land on the stop when you reach your destination.
Update Graphics Card
If you are contending with ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG kingdom come error code 0x887A0006 on your PC, then you must update the graphics card as most of the game issues are resolved through this method.
- Press Windows+R keys to open the ‘Run’ dialog box on your computer.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, Device Manager window will appear which will show several features of the drivers and hardware including ‘Display Adapter’ select the one.
- After selecting the ‘Display Adapter’, click on the arrow button and expand its sub-parts.
- Now, select the relevant graphics card, right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’ from the list of featured options.
- Thereafter, a pop-up will appear on your screen which will present two options in front of you. Select an automatic option and allow Windows to configure the updated graphics card on your computer.
Roll Back your Driver
If the current version of your driver is corrupt or not compatible with the game then you can roll-back to the previous version of your driver. To do so follow these steps:
- Open search box and type Device Manager.
- Navigate to Display Adaptors and expand it to choose the graphics card you are using.
- Rick-click on the graphics driver and select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and select the option Roll-back driver.
- Choose the reason in pop-up options provided and click Yes.
As stated earlier, DirectX is the key application for the games and if it is updated, then DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Hung error code 0x887A0006 will not hit on your PC screen. So, make sure you are accessing the current version of the DirectX. Now, you may wonder, how to check the version of the DirectX. Well, the solution is quite simple and for your convenience, the steps are listed beneath.
Check the version of DirectX on your computer
- To do this process, you will have to open the ‘Run’ box on your PC and for the same, press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘dxdiag’ on the box and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear on your computer display, featured with few tabs at the top of the page.
- Click on the ‘System’ tab and then scroll down the page. In the end, you will find ‘DirectX Version’ and it will show the current version which you are using.
- After knowing the version of the DirectX, it’s time to update the DirectX with the latest version and it is available on the official website of Microsoft. Now, follow the steps and update the DirectX application.
Quick and effective ways to update DirectX
- Go to the official website of Microsoft, move to the download center and select ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer’.
- However, you can also reach directly by clicking here.
- Now, scroll down the page, select the language and then click on the ‘Download’ button.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and it will show the installation instructions, follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- After the completion of the task, restart your computer.
Stop overclocking the CPU
Overclocking is the ultimate tool that enables you to experience the game in an utmost manner, usually, it sets the FPS to the maximum settings so that you can enjoy the game, but these settings give additional stress to the GPU and hence, lead to an issue ‘DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG’ error code 0x887A0006. So if you want to fix this problem, you will have to stop the overclocking CPU and you can perform the task at the BIOS. After reaching the BIOS section, reduce the speed and keep it at the normal position.
Disable Sound Card
Disabling Sound Card may prevent the error code 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG kingdom come game on your computer. Many users attempted this method and got the fruitful result. For your solace, the steps are listed below:
- Press Windows+R keys to open the ‘Run’ box.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, a Device Manager’ window will appear which will show a few features and your job is to navigate for the ‘Sound, video and audio device’ section. After getting it, select the same.
- Now, click on the arrow button to expand its sub-section and then select the ‘audio driver’.
- After selecting the audio driver, right-click on it and then select an option ‘Disable’ from the drop-down menu.
- Soon, you will find a pop-up seeking the permission, click on the ‘Yes’ button to proceed further.
- However, if you don’t want to go through this method, then you can physically remove the sound card from your computer.
Change the settings in Nvidia Control Panel
Incorrect settings of the Nvidia control panel might cause this error code 0x887A0006. To fix the issue you need to change the settings in the Nvidia control panel. So open the program and perform the following changes:
- Click on the 3D settings.
- Then go to Adjust image settings with preview.
- Under the preview option, check the option for the Use advanced 3D image settings and press Apply.
- On the left pane, select Manage 3D settings. Under the Program Settings tab, click Add.
- And pick the executable of the game encountering error.
- Select the preferred graphics processor for this program, pick the High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Restart your computer and check for the error.
Disable Steam Cloud Synchronization
Many users reported this method as a working one for the game Call of Duty: WWII. Maybe it works for this error code. The one thing is that you lose the benefits of Steam Cloud. However, you can use this method to fix the error.
- Double click on the Steam icon to open your Steam client.
- Right-click on the game which is having issues and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Updates tab and uncheck the box ‘Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization’ if you find there and then Apply the changes and exit Steam.
- Restart your computer, launch the game again to check for DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error code 0x887A0006.
Add a Registry Key
To fix the error code 0x887A0006 you can add a registry key by following these steps:
- Press Windows+S keys to open the search box and type registry and click Registry Editor APP from the results.
- Navigate to the location: Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > GraphicsDrivers.
- Check the option Graphics Drivers folder. Right-click any empty area in the right pane and select New > QWORD (64-bit) to add a new registry key. If you have the 32-bit system, then you have to choose New > DWORD (32-bit).
- Name the new key as TdrLevel.
- Double-click TdrLevel and modify some options for it and then Click OK.
In the Value date option, set the number as 0.
In Baseoption, select Hexadecimal.
- Restart your computer and check for the error.
Last but not least, this method also resolves ‘DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Hung’ error code 0x887A0006. Sometimes, lack of update led to the above-said issue, so it is always recommended to update the windows periodically. Well, most of the time, Windows do it automatically, but due to some bugs, it fails to update automatically. Now, it’s your job to do it manually.
- If you are a Windows 10 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’.
- However, if you are Windows 7 or 8 users, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Settings’ in the search bar and after that hit on the ‘Enter’ button.
- The settings page will be shown on your display with some advanced options, select ‘Update & Security’.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and it will show the summary of the Windows update and below the same, you will get a button ‘check for update’, click on it.
- Now, sit idle and give time to Windows to update the features.
That’s it and you are all done. These were the effective troubleshooting steps to resolve an issue ‘DXGI_Error_Device_Hung’ error code 0x887A0006. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.