Netflix not loading on Xbox One is one of the most common issues on Xbox One. So if you’re encountering this issue Netflix not working on Xbox One, be easy. Netflix is an amazing platform that offers ample movies and streamlines shows to the users and together with Xbox One is an amazing experience. There may be a number of cases when you are accessing Xbox One to watch your favourite shows and movies, you have faced Netflix on Xbox One not working issue. Well, Xbox one Netflix problems are quite common and these can be resolved by applying some effective methods.
Why Netflix is not loading on Xbox One?
There might be so various reasons behind this issue depending on the situation and the configuration of the system you are using. However, I have listed out some of the most common reasons reported by users behind Netflix not working on Xbox One:
- Poor Network connection.
- Heavy use
- Lack of Logging Out
- Closed Captioning
- Improper installation of the application
Troubleshooting tips to Fix Xbox One Netflix Problems
Before moving to the solution part, you must meet some requirements to run Netflix on Xbox One. For example, you should have stable internet and the speed of the same should be in the range of 1 Mbps to 25 Mbps. If you are watching Netflix in HD quality, then you must have subscribed to the HD plan. These are the basic things and you must be aware of that.
How to fix Netflix not loading on Xbox One?
There can be so many cases where you are unable to open or use Netflix on your Xbox one console. Such issues can be due to a number of reasons such as the improper installation of the application or there may be some settings which are conflicting with it. Here we have listed down a number of practical solutions for this issue. Take a look.
Restart Netflix App
- Use Xbox controller arrow keys to navigate for Netflix on Xbox One screen.
- After selecting the Netflix, press the Menu button located in the Xbox One controller, just beneath the Home button.
- Thereafter, you will get a few options on the screen and you must select the Quit option.
Restart Xbox One Console
- Press the Home button to turn off the Console and the button is located at the front of the controller and is symbolized with X mark.
- Now, disconnect the power switch connected to the Console and further press & hold the power key for 5 seconds to turn off completely.
- After completing the above task, wait for a while and then connect the power cable to the Console.
- Now press the Home button on the Controller to launch Netflix on Xbox One.
Reinstall Netflix on Xbox One
- Press the Home button on the Controller to launch Xbox One Console.
- On the screen, you will find My apps and games, select the same.
- Thereafter, few more options will appear on the screen and you need to select Apps.
- Now, your job is to find out the Netflix app and after that highlight the same and further press the menu button on the Controller.
- Soon, you will find a few options on the screen and you must select Manage Apps.
- After that, you will find Uninstall all feature on the screen, select it.
- Now, press the Home button on the Controller and move to the Menu section. In the Menu of Xbox One Console, you will find Store, move to that section and then navigate for Netflix.
- Now, install Netflix and then watch your favourite shows on Xbox One Console.
Disable Closed Captioning Option
As we have already discussed closed captioning is also a reason behind this issue. Disabling the closed captioning may help you to fix the Xbox One Netflix problems. To do so follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and under the console settings go to the Closed Captioning and click on it.
- You will see a drop-down list under Caption effects. Just choose the None from there.
- Restart the console to take place the changes and check for the error. If it doesn’t work then revert back the toggle switch to ON position.
Unplug External Devices Temporarily
There might be chances that the recording devices or any HDTV equipment creating interferences with the Netflix software. By removing these external devices temporarily can fix the issue.
- Unplug HDTV equipment and recording devices.
- Open the Netflix application and check for the error.
Connect Xbox One directly with the Ethernet
Sometimes, the interface between the devices fails to connect the Xbox One. So, you must try to connect the device directly to the Ethernet and for the same follow the steps listed below.
- Turn off Xbox One console and remove all the peripherals and also turn off the router.
- Now, plug the Ethernet directly to the Xbox One Console.
- After that, you need to connect all the disconnected peripherals to the Xbox One.
- Now, turn ON the router and make sure all the lights should blink.
- After completing the above task, turn ON your Xbox One Console.
- Now, check whether the Netflix problem on Xbox is resolved or not.
Logout and Login again to Netflix Application
Re-logging the Netflix application will fix Netflix not loading on Xbox One and for that, you need to logout the application from Xbox One close and then log in again. Now, check whether the issue persists or not. However, if Netflix problems on Xbox One are still there, then you can reinstall Netflix on Xbox One and the process for the same is provided below.
Enabling Cortana on Xbox One will help you to get rid of Netflix not loading on Xbox One. Cortana is a virtual assistant feature provided by Microsoft on Windows 10 that enables the users to access the application through speech.
- Launch Xbox One and then move to the Settings section. In the settings page, you will get System section, move into this and then select Cortana settings located at the right panel.
- Thereafter, a license agreement page will open that will tell you about the features of Cortana and to proceed further, select I agree.
- That’s it; now restart your console to apply the changes.
So, these were the effective solutions against Netflix not loading on Xbox One. However, if you have any problems related to any platform of the digital world, then feel free to post in the comment box. We will help you in all possible ways to fix the issue. Hence, stay connected for the latest updates and enjoy your favorite shows and movies on Netflix on Xbox One.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.