Microsoft Inc. is best known in the world due to extraordinary products and services and this time, it had brought Xbox one of the hidden features in Windows 10. Through this application, users can record a gaming clip up to 2 hrs. Well, this is not the only characteristic of Xbox DVR, apart from the video clip of games; you can also take a screenshot or can make videos apart from gaming. So, if you want to record your Windows screen and wondering for the application, then take a break and explore Xbox.
What is Xbox DVR?
Xbox DVR is an inbuilt application of Xbox which supports Windows 10 and offers the users to capture the screenshot or to create videos of the game. Through the feature of Xbox game DVR, you can edit the images also and can perform multiple unique tasks.
What is Screencast?
If you are a beginner and unaware of Screencast, then don’t worry. Your answer for ‘What is Screencast?’ is here. The screencast is a video recording process which enables you to capture the recording of your computer screen. In short, an innovative application in the field of video recording and through this application you can easily share your ideas by creating your own videos.
These were the basic terms of Xbox, now it’s time to know how it works and how you can access this application. So get ready to explore the solution of ‘How to enable Xbox?’. The detailed solution is listed below, go through the same and execute effectively.
How to enable Xbox DVR?
If you are using first time Xbox, then you need to configure the settings of the application and the brief details for the same are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ icon type ‘Xbox’.
- Thereafter, Microsoft App Store will appear and it will configure ‘Xbox’.
- After configuration, you will find the ‘Start’ page of Xbox.
How to perform Settings in Xbox DVR?
- Now, minimize the page and move to the ‘Settings’ of your PC.
- In the ‘Settings’ page, you will find the ‘Gaming’ feature; click on it.
- The Game Bar page will appear which will show the gaming feature and at the top, you will find the slider showing’ Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar’. Turn ON the slider.
- In the same, page you will get a few options located at the left end of the page, click on ‘Game DVR’. Now, move to the ‘Background recording’ section and turn ON the slider.
- At the top of the Game DVR page, you will get an option ‘Open Folder’ which shows that the captured images or videos will store here.
- Scroll down the page and move to ‘Record this’ section. Here, you will get an option ‘Maximum recording length’ fix it as per your convenience and select the featured option from the drop-down menu.
- Now close the ‘Settings tab open ‘Xbox’.
How to record your Windows screen?
- However, if you have closed the ‘Xbox, then click on the ‘Start’ icon and select ‘Xbox’ from the list of apps.
- If you are accessing the first time, then you will have to provide the username and make sure to register with the Microsoft account.
- After the opening ‘Xbox’ press ‘Window’ key and ‘G’ key together and soon a new dialogue box will feature on your display, i.e. ‘Game Bar’ and will ask you ‘Do you want to open Game bar?’ click on the box ‘Yes, this is a game’.
- Now, get ready to record your Window screen as salient features will appear on your display and your task is to use them accordingly.
- Click on ‘record from now’ button or else press ‘Window’ key ‘Alt’ key and ‘R’ key altogether.
- Once the recording is completed, click on the red button to stop.
- If you want to capture the images, then click on the ‘Camera’ icon featured on the list of options.
- It’s time to find out the tasks done so far; means check out the recorded video and snapshot and for this go to ‘Xbox’ and click on the ‘Capture’ tab, located at the left end of the page.
- However, if you want to make changes on the recorded videos or snapshot, then click on the fourth icon from the top and they are located at the extreme left end of the page. Thereafter, you will find all the files including video and images. select the one and make the desired changes.
However, if you don’t want to access Xbox DVR and wondering for the solution ‘How to disable Xbox DVR’, then this is your ideal stop as the journey is not yet finished. Go through the detailed process and disable the application.
How to Turn off Xbox DVR in Windows 10?
- Open Settings on your PC.
- Click on ‘Gaming’ section and then turn off the slider ‘Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar’ and also ensure to uncheck the box ‘Open Game bar using this button.
- Now go back to the ‘Gaming’ section and click on ‘Game DVR’ icon, located at the left end of the screen.
- Move to the ‘Background recording’ section and turn off the slider ‘Record in the background while I’m playing a game’.
These were the effective solution for the issue ‘How to Turn off Xbox DVR in Windows 10?’ However, if you face any issue related to Xbox DVR or other, then feel free to contact us. Our techies will provide a comprehensive solution against any issue. They work around the clock, so you can reach anytime to get their assistance. Hence, stay tuned with us and access the salient features of the application Xbox Game DVR to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 effectively.