I was getting this ‘DNS Probe Finished No Internet’ error repeatedly while trying to browse the internet which frustrated me a lot. There wasn’t much help available online, but after trying several different methods to fix this issue, I came to know that it was one kind of DNS server error from my client end. In this guide, I will show you how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET Error or DNS probe no internet error. Before diving into the solutions let us discuss the error. Later on, we will see the best possible solutions for this error. Keep reading!
- 1 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
- 1.1 Check Internet Connectivity
- 1.2 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR: Solution Using Command Prompt
- 1.3 Change DNS to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
- 1.4 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET: Solution by Updating the Driver
- 1.5 Flush the outdated DNS/Fix DNS Probe
- 1.6 Disable DNS Prediction Services/Fix DNS Probe
- 1.7 Clear Cache to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
- 1.8 Reset Your Router to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
- 1.9 Check Firewall and Internet Security Settings
- 1.10 Connect in Safe Mode to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
- 2 Conclusion
DNS or Domain Name Servers loads the web pages from the host server. You may have encountered with DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET or DNS probe finished no internet error when trying to explore the internet. There can be several reasons for this error. The errors originate from various sources. The main reason is the failure in the DNS Cache Load when trying to access the Webpage. The slow internet can also be a reason behind this error. The main issue in fixing this error is their non-transparency. It is necessary to solve the issue without disturbing the router settings. I am listing the best solutions to fix this error.
Check Internet Connectivity
The basic reason for this error is the unavailability of the internet. So, make sure the internet is working properly before trying to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR. You can simply use the ping test from the command prompt to check the internet connectivity.
- Go to start menu and search for command prompt.
- When the command prompt opens, type the following command and press enter.
- ping -t 22.214.171.124
- Once you give, enter, the following command will repeat on your screen.
- Reply from 126.96.36.199: bytes=32 time=193ms TTL=53
- This means your internet is working fine.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR: Solution Using Command Prompt
The command prompt is a great tool to alter the behavior of the Windows. If you are trying to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET IN WINDOWS 10 error then, you will be using Windows Powershell instead of command prompt.
- Click the start menu and type cmd. Right click on cmd and select “Run as administrator.”
- Enter the command(netsh winsock reset) and restart your computer.
- This method will easily fix your DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR. If it doesn’t try the next method.
Change DNS to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
Google DNS can be a good alternative for default DNS set by the router. It offers a secure connection, loads faster and results in fewer errors.
- Right click on the Windows in your desktop and select Network Connections. Windows 10 users have to click Change adapter option in the next menu.
- Simply right click on the network you are currently using and select properties.
- Once you are inside the properties, search for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double-click on it.
- Select “Use the Following DNS Server Address” and type the following numbers. Then, press ok and exit.
- Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Restart your computer to get rid of this DNS issue. You can also use this method to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR WINDOWS 8.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET: Solution by Updating the Driver
The driver issue is often overlooked in the advanced computer world because of its rare occurrence. If there is an outdated network driver, you might end up with DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR.
- Press Windows + R key to the open run menu.
- In the search bar, type the following command and press enter.
- You will be directed to the device management window. Search and locate for Network Adapter from the list.
- Right click on network adapters and select “Update Driver Software” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- In the next window, choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- Now select the compatible hardware and click Next.
- Your driver will be updated soon. You will see a dialogue box indicating “successful driver update” once it is over. Now, restart the computer.
Flush the outdated DNS/Fix DNS Probe
Sometimes DNS cache can be outdated and need to be manually deleted.
- Press Windows key + R and type cmd in the search box.
- Enter ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
- Restart your computer to see if it fixes the DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR.
Disable DNS Prediction Services/Fix DNS Probe
- Open Chrome and go to settings.
- Select advanced settings and disable the option ‘Use a prediction service to load the pages more quickly.’
- Restart the browser.
- Now check to see if DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR resolves.
Clear Cache to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
Steps to Clear Cache in Chrome –
- Click on the Customize and control button from the top right corner.
- Then click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Go to the privacy section and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- In the new window check the box that says Cookies and Other site and Plugin Data also check Cached Images and Files.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
Steps to Clear Cache in Firefox –
- Click on History then clear recent history.
- After that click on details.
- Check Cookies and Cache from there and click on Clear now.
Reset Your Router to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
Reset your router from the router settings. You can access your router settings with the below-mentioned URLs for various routers. The default username and password is: admin
- TP-link – http://192.168.0.1
- Netgear – http://192.168.0.1
- D-Link – http://192.168.0.13
- Linksys – http://192.168.1.1
- Belkin – http://192.168.2.1
- Micromax – http://192.168.10.1
- Com – http://192.168.1.1
Once you logged in, then navigate to System Tools > Reset >then click the reset button.
Check Firewall and Internet Security Settings
There are also chances that your firewall or internet security software might be blocking particular websites for security reasons. You have to make sure about the checking of firewall and internet security software settings and find out if they are causing the issue.
Connect in Safe Mode to fix DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR
Try booting your system in Safe Mode and check if it fixes the problem. If the 3rd party files are causing any issues, this step will fix it. Since Safe Mode will contain only inbuilt files. To perform this step, reboot your system and press F8 key. Select “Safe mode with networking” from the options list. Now open your browser to check if the error still persists.
Getting DNS_PROBE FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ERROR is quite a hindrance for those who rely on the internet for all especially for working people. Technical issues are sometimes unavoidable. The error occurs because of various reasons so they are hard to fix. Before spending money on service center, try our simple methods to resolve the issue. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.