Google Chrome is one of the outstanding web browser designed and developed by Google. It is available for most of the Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac and much more. With this browser, users can synchronize the other products of Google and can access the salient features of the same. In spite of such great features, some users reported an error ‘Server DNS Address could not be found’. If you are on the same list and looking for the solution, then don’t worry as here you will get a comprehensive and effective solution to this issue. But before moving ahead, let’s get behind the cause of the error.
Reason: DNS address could not be found
Every site has its IP address and domain name and whenever you visit any site, then the computer moves to the Domain Network System (DNS) and will seek the IP address of a concerned domain. If the DNS fails to find the IP address, then the issue ‘DNS address cannot be found’ arises.
How to fix Server DNS Address could not be found Chrome Issue?
1] Clear Host Cache of Chrome
- Launch Chrome and then copy and paste the below-given URL in the address bar to access the Host cache of Google Chrome chrome://net-internals/#dns
- On the page you will find ‘Host resolver cache’ and parallel to the same you will get ‘Clear host cache’ button, click on it.
- Now restart Chrome and then check whether the issue persists or not.
2] Access to Google DNS
- Move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose an option ‘Network Connection’. You can also open it by pressing Win+X+W keys together.
- In the featured page, you will find the status of the network and beneath the same, you will get an option ‘Change adapter options’.
- The above step will direct you to the new page which will enable you to make changes in the Wi-Fi settings.
- Now, select your connection, right-click on it and further click on ‘’Properties’.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will open and here, you need to select the checkbox ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on the ‘Properties’ tab located at the bottom of the page.
- Thereafter, a new pop-up window will open and here you need to click on ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- Now, type ‘126.96.36.199’ in the Preferred DNS server and then type ‘188.8.131.52’ in the Alternate DNS server section.
- After completing the above step click on the ‘OK’ button.
3] Flush DNS Cache
This method will help you to resolve an error ‘ DNS server could not be found’ and the detailed process with step by step guidance is provided below and you just need to follow them.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘CMD’ in the box search box.
- Soon, a search result will appear on your screen, select ‘CMD’ right-click on it and further click on ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, a new window will open and here you need to type ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Soon the Windows will start performing its task and will resolve the issue in a quick time.
4] Restart DNS Client
In Windows OS the users get the utmost features and one such is the DNS Client Service which registers and stores the domain of the site. On the off chance, if the service is stopped or disabled then the DNS Client Service will fail to register the domain name and will lead to an issue ‘DNS address cannot be found. So, to fix the same you need to enable the DNS Client Service section and the process for the same is listed below.
- If you are using Windows 10 then move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose ‘Run’ from the featured list.
- However, if you are accessing Windows 7, Windows 8 or even Win 10 OS then press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ box directly.
- Now type ‘services.msc’ in the box and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Navigate for the DNS Service Client section, select the same and then right-click on it to choose ‘Restart’.
5] Update Network adapter driver
If you are accessing the older version of the Network driver, then it may lead to an error ‘Server DNS address could not be found and to resolve the same, you need to update the driver. The comprehensive procedure is listed beneath which will help you to resolve the issue.
- Hover your mouse’s cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and further click on ‘Device Manager’.
- Soon, you will find a new pop-up window on your screen and you need to select the ‘Network Adapter’.
- Now double click on ‘Network adapter’ to get the list of drivers.
- After getting the list, select the network driver, right-click on it and further click on ‘Update driver’.
- After the completion of the process, restart your computer.
6] Renew DNS
Windows stores the caches of the websites you visit so that you launch them in a faster way. However, if the cache is corrupted, then you will have to renew the DNS and the detailed procedure is listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and then type ‘CMD’ in the search bar.
- Select ‘CMD’ from the search result, right-click on it and then click on Run as administrator’.
- To open the CMD panel quickly, press Win+X+A keys together.
- Thereafter, a new window will open and here you need to type ‘ipconfig/renew’ in the box and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- After completing the task, type ‘ipconfig/registerdns’ in the box and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
That’s it; these effective solutions will resolve the issue ‘Server DNS could not be found chrome’. However, if you need any assistance then feel free to post in the comment box. Our techies will assist you and will resolve the issue immediately.