Many users reported that ‘Xinput1_3.dll is missing’ error message appears especially when a game or software is launched. The error file is caused by an issue when the xinput1_3.dll file is not found. Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs need Microsoft DirectX Xinput1_3.dll file is one of the files contained in Microsoft DirectX software collection.
Though “Xinput1_3.dll is missing” error is more common with video games. However, the error message can be seen in any program that uses Microsoft DirectX software.
What is Xinput1_3.dll?
Xinput1_3.dll is one of the files of DirectX. Microsoft DirectX is a platform that is developed to handle the Xbox controller needs to improve the performance of a computer especially for the Windows-based games and various advanced graphics programs. Xinput1_3.dll and other DirectX issues always affect the performance of the Windows operating systems such as Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (the most popular OS among gamers), Windows 8, and Windows 10.
There are several ways in which Xinput1_3.dll error message may pop-up on your Windows screen such as
The program can’t start” because Xinput1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
The file Xinput1_3.dll is missing
Xinput1_3.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this.
How to fix the Xinput1_3.dll is missing error?
I personally encountered this error on my Windows computer and search around the web to find the best fix for this issue. Based on my research and the users’ comments I have listed some solutions to fix this error. Try the following methods one by one down the list until your error is not fixed.
Restart the Computer
Xinput1_3.dll is missing error sometimes may appear on the screen and a simple restart can fix the error completely. Try restarting your PC if the error still persists try other methods.
Update Microsoft DirectX
Updating Microsoft DirectX to the latest version can simply help in fixing the Xinput1_3.dll error.
- For updating to DirectX9 version first, download and install the DirectX END-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft.
- In order to upgrade the DirectX software to 10, 11 and 12 they need to be updated by updating the Windows Update. DirectX 10, 11 and 12 are the built-in files in Windows system and they don’t have any standalone download file.
- Search for Windows Update settings in the Start menu search box.
- Check for updates if any updates are available. Following these methods will help in resolving the error.
Install DirectX For the Problematic Program
Are you facing xinput1-3.dll is missing error while launching a specific program? To fix this error, you can install the DirectX version of that particular problematic program. As a copy of the DirectX is usually included on the installation disc of the program. Just find out the DirectX installation package on the game or application disc and it will install the required DirectX and compatible for the current version of Windows.
Uninstall and Reinstall the game or program
Microsoft DirectX software is an essential component to run the games and advanced graphics programs. Sometimes while running the video games or trying to open the advanced graphics programs Xinput1_3.dll is missing error may appear. In this situation, reinstalling the video games or the advanced graphics programs can fix the problems
Restore the XINPUT1_3.dll file
- Restore the Xinput1_3.dll by downloading and installing the DLL-files.com Client from the reliable source such as DLL-files.com Client .
- Search for Xinput1_3 in the search box and click on the “Search for Dll file” button.
- Once the search result show Xinput1_3.dll file, Click on it and install the file by clicking the installation button.
- Once again check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Import the Xinput1_3.dll from another Computer
- Find a computer that runs normally and is free from error.
- Open the file explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32 .
- Search for Xinput1_3.dll file.
- Copy the file and save it on the same location (C:\WIndoes|System32) in your computer.
Update Game Controller Drivers
Though this is not the most common solution to fix the Xinput1_3.dll error, one can try this method also. To do so follow these steps:
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run dialogue box and type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controller category and right-click on the game controller driver.
- Here select the Update Driver option and follow the on-screen instructions to update.
- Once it is done, restart your computer and check for the error.
Perform System Restore
If none of the above methods worked for you then you can try to perform system restore. There are chances that you might encounter the xinput1_3.dll error after some changes to a specific file or configuration. To fix this issue you need to perform a system restore to get the computer back to its previous state. To do so follow these steps:
- Open the search box in Windows and type restore and click Create a restore point from the search results to open the System Properties window.
- Click System Restore under the System Protection tab and click Next.
- You will get a list of all the restore points are listed. Select the desired restore point you want to use and click Next.
- After confirmation, you will get a pop-up warning. If you are ready for this system restore, press Yes to start.
- Then, Windows will restart your computer automatically and start the restore process. Wait for sometime and check for the error after completion.
That’s all, you have successfully fixed the Xinput1_3.dll is missing error. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, Android, and Games.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.
Leave a Reply