Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs need Microsoft DirectX Xinput1_3.dll file is one of the files contained in Microsoft DirectX software collection. Many users see Xinput1_3.dll is missing error when they try to open a program or a game.
There are several ways in which Xinput1_3.dll error message may pop-up on your windows screen such as “The file Xinput1_3.dll is missing, Xinput1_3.dll not found, file Xinput1_3.dll not found.
Though it is more common with video games the error message may appear to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX software.
- 1 Know, what is Xinput1_3.dll?
- 1.1 Solutions to fix the XINPUT1_3.dll is missing error
- 2 Conclusion
Know, what is Xinput1_3.dll?
Xinput1_3.dll is one of the files of DirectX. Microsoft DirectX is a platform that is developed to handle the Xbox controller.
Solutions to fix the XINPUT1_3.dll is missing error
- Restart the Computer
- Try updating Microsoft DirectX
- Uninstall the game or program and reinstall
- Restore the Xinput1_3.dll file
- Import the Xinput1_3.dll from another Computer
- Device drivers should be updated
Method 1: Restart the Computer
Xinput1_3.dll is missing error sometimes may appear on the screen and a simple restart can fix the error completely. Try restarting your PC if the error still persists try other methods.
Method 2: Try updating Microsoft DirectX
Updating Microsoft DirectX to the latest version can simply help in fixing the Xinput1_3.dll error.
- For updating to DirectX9 version first, download and install the DirectX END-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft.
- In order to upgrade the DirectX software to 10, 11 and 12 they need to be updated by updating the Windows Update. DirectX 10, 11 and 12 are the built-in files in Windows system and they don’t have any standalone download file.
- Search for Windows Update settings in the Start menu search box.
- Check for updates if any updates are available. Following these methods will help in resolving the error.
Method 3: Uninstall the game or program and reinstall
Microsoft DirectX software is an essential component to run the games and advanced graphics programs. Sometimes while running the video games or trying to open the advanced graphics programs Xinput1_3.dll is missing error may appear. In this situation, reinstalling the video games or the advanced graphics programs can fix the problems
Method 4: Restore the XINPUT1_3.dll file
- Restore the Xinput1_3.dll from the reliable source such as DLL-files.com Client.
- Download and install the DLL-files.com Client.
- Search for Xinput1_3 in the search box and click on the “Search for Dll file” button.
- Once the search result show Xinput1_3.dll file Click on it and install the file by clicking the installation button.
- Once again check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Method 5: Import the Xinput1_3.dll from another Computer
- Find a computer that runs normally and is free from error.
- Open the file explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and search for Xinput1_3.dll file. Copy the file and save it on the same location (C:\WIndoes|System32) in your computer.
Method 6: Device Drivers should be updated
Though this is not the most common solution to fix the Xinput1_3.dll error, one can try this method also. Update the driver with device manager or from the device official website.
That’s all, you have successfully fixed the Xinput1_3.dll is missing error. DeviceTricks is the most popular website to browse for some easy tutorials to fix the error raised in your PC. Follow us on our website to read more and hit the like button o our Facebook page.