While opening a game or program, you may come across the error Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7 OS. You need not worry about DirectDraw error as we are back to provide you the possible solutions to fix the problem. Some of the graphics programs in your system also require DirectDraw. While opening such programs, you may come across the error. To know in detail about DirectDraw error along with solutions, continue reading.
- 1 Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7-What it implies?
- 1.1 Causes: DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7
- 1.2 Tips
- 1.3 How to fix Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7 OS?
- 1.3.1 Update Windows to fix Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error
- 1.3.2 Manual Enable DirectDraw
- 1.3.3 Update Graphics Driver to fix Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error
- 1.3.4 Download and Install Latest Version of DirectX
- 1.3.5 Alter Compatible Settings
- 2 Conclusion: Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error
Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7-What it implies?
DirectDraw is the DirectX component; it is used by most of the windows games and the graphics programs. You can come across DirectX error popping up with some changes in the messages to let you the issue. If the error shows up with DirectDraw, irrespective of the message, you can go through the below solutions to fix the issue.
Causes: DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7
You can know the reasons for the occurrence of DirectDraw error to apply a particular solution for the fix the issue.
- You can face the issue in your system due to malfunctioning of the operation.
- The virus attack in your system may cause the error in DirectDraw.
- The registry values error of DirectX may also result in throwing an error DirectDraw.
- Do you know? Improper shutdown of the Windows may cause the error due to sudden power off. You need to restart your system to fix the issues related to this kind.
- Accidental deleting of the file DirectDraw or related file that causes the error throws the error.
- If the system suddenly stops the functioning of the operation related to DirectDraw causes the error. Mainly, this type of issue occurs on stopping the process using task manager. You have to either close and open the program or restart the system to fix the issue.
You have to follow the below tips that may help you to fix the error without DirectDraw download or any other changes to the system.
- As we all know to perform a simple restart of your system to fix the issue. The inappropriate file opening or closing errors are successful fixes on applying this tip.
- You have to perform antivirus check in your system to remove the malware or virus present in your system. The presence of malware may hinder the performance of the system operations and may raise the error. On performing a virus scan, it will help you to perform find the virus and to remove them completely.
- Check for Updates and download, to know the process go through the solutions section.
How to fix Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error Windows 10/8/7 OS?
You can fix the DirectDraw Windows 10 issue on following the below solutions. Try one by one solution because the solution varies from one system to another system. As the issue occurrence varies and you need to try all to help you out to fix the issue.
Update Windows to fix Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error
You need to perform a Windows update. It mostly helps you to fix the DirectDraw error. On performing Windows update all the software and drivers get updated.
- Click on the Windows button, search for Windows update.
- On the opened new window, choose check for updates option.
- Wait till the system searched for the update. Important thing is that you need to connect to the active internet connection. To avoid hindrance to the installations, you need to have sufficient internet balance.
- After completion of checking for updates, you will get the install button. Click on it to complete installations.
- It takes a long time depending on the updates the system needs to complete.
- Later, restart your system and hope it fixed the issue.
Manual Enable DirectDraw
You can disable or enable DirectDraw using following steps. It will surely help to restart services and to fix the DirectDraw error.
Older version of Windows
- Click Windows + R button simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- Enter dxdiag and click on the Enter button.
- You need to choose the buttons next to DirectDraw to disable or enable.
- Go to control panel
- Click on the programs and go to programs & features.
- You have to choose Windows Features Turn ON or OFF.
- You have to expand the legacy components and uptick the directPlay.
- Finally, click on the save button.
Note: If the DirectDraw is disabled state, enable it, restart your computer, and open the program that caused the error. If the feature is already in enable state, disable it, restart. Next, follow the same procedure to enable, and restart.
Update Graphics Driver to fix Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error
On updating the driver manually, it helps you to fix the DirectDraw error. Sometimes, the outdated driver causes the issue; if the above solutions didn’t work try this one.
- You need to click on the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Search for Driver manager
- On the new window, navigate to display adapters. Click on the Driver relative to DirectX
- Right-click the corresponding driver and choose update option.
- Wait till the completion of the updating process.
- You need to restart your system before opening the program that caused the error.
Download and Install Latest Version of DirectX
If none of the above updating processes work for you. It’s better to download and to install the latest version.
- You have to open the browser, search for DirectX (DirectDraw download).
- Always choose the software downloads from trustworthy sites to avoid entering of foreign invaders.
- Download from the site and click on the file.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart your system and start your work. Hope you are not coming up with DirectDraw error.
Alter Compatible Settings
The DirectDraw helps you to display the apps or games to view in full screens. The incompatible screen resolutions may encounter you with this error. On adjusting the compatibility settings, you can get rid of the DirectDraw issue.
- You have to right-click on the game or app that you are facing the problem. Choose the properties option.
- Go to the compatibility tab, under settings, 640×480 resolution screen and you need to up-tick checkbox option.
- Finally, save the options and close all the windows
- Now, open the program which is causing an error. Hope, you didn’t face the error. You can follow the below instructions if you are facing the issue.
- Follow the above steps and open properties.
- Navigate to compatibility mode, uptick for compatibility mode, and check the drop-down options. You need to choose according to your operating system like Windows 7. Save the changes and close all the Windows.
- Now, open the program that causing the DirectDraw error.
Conclusion: Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll or DirectDraw error
We hope, the above solutions helped you to fix the Microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll error. In case, if you have any queries related to the same issue or other. You can contact us through the comment section. You can follow us on social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social sites and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.