World of Warcraft is the leading online games which offers excellent graphics, amazing characters and much more. The game is loaded with full of action and is the replica of World of Warcraft movie. If you have seen the movie, then you will love this game. Well, the game WOW works in most of the Operating System, but some Windows users reported the issue ‘World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration’. So, if you are facing the same issue, then don’t get panic. Here, you will get the utmost possible of the above-said issue.
World of Warcraft Forums is also one of the good platforms to discuss this game. Here, the experts and the gamers interact directly and share their thought about the game. This platform is an ideal stop for the beginners to gain knowledge of World of Warcraft. Before moving ahead, let’s have a quick glance of the section of World of Warcraft.
What is World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft is a multiplayer online video game and it’s one of the most famous video games of its time. The “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration” is a common error which appears when users are trying to launch this game and it prevents them from playing. Usually, it is related to graphical settings or drivers installed on your computer but there are other reasons as well. The Warcraft is quite popular among the youth and is highly applauded by them. So, many developers launched the Warcraft in various pattern and one of such is the World of Warcraft Porn which let the users see the naked and dancing characters of the Warcraft. The features of the entire version of the Warcraft are marvelous and are highly addictive.
The “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration” error: Solutions
Follow these steps to get rid of this error on your Windows PC.
Uninstall & Install Graphic Card
Graphics card enables 3D acceleration to work smoothly. If in case, any issue arises, it means the graphics card is not working properly. So, what you need to do is to uninstall and install the graphics card. The process is listed beneath and your job is to follow the same.
- Open ‘Run’ box and to do this, press ‘Window’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- In the box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on your screen, which will show various inputs, move to the section ‘Display Adapter’, and click on the arrow button to expand the features and then select the graphics card.
- After selecting the card, right-click on it, select ‘Uninstall device’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Again, a new window will open which will ask you for the confirmation of the action, click on ‘Uninstall’ button but before that make sure to click on the checkbox ‘Delete the driver software for this device’.
- Now, wait for some time and allow windows to perform the task.
- After the completion of the process, restart your computer.
- As soon as your computer restarts, Windows will start installing the latest graphics card, driver.
How to Update Graphic Card Driver to fix the “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration” error
Updated Graphic Card driver is always featured with the latest features and thus supports the game smoothly. However, if you are getting an issue on World of Warcraft game and due to this, you are unable to access ‘World of Warcraft Armory’ or other options, then move to the ‘Device Manager’ section and update the Graphic Card Driver. For your solace, the steps are listed beneath.
- If you are using Windows 10, then hover your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then select, ‘Device Manager’.
- However, if you are not a Windows 10 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and hit Enter. You may also use the first method to get access to the Device Manager.
- After getting into the ‘Device Manager’ navigate for the ‘Display Adapter’ feature, click on the arrow button and from the expanded list, select your graphics card.
- Now, right-click on the selected card and then choose an option ‘Update driver’.
How to Optimize the screen to fix the “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration” error
Optimization Full Screen enables the Operating System to run the game as per its compatibility. However, if the error 3D acceleration appears on your screen amid the launch of the game, then disable the feature ‘Full-Screen Optimization’. This method has resolved the issue reported by the gamers on World of Warcraft forum. So, you must adopt this method and get relief from the above-said issue.
- Move to the World of Warcraft download section, where you have installed the files and if you have not changed the path, then by default it is saved in the ‘Local Drive’ usually it is ‘C’ drive and the followed path is ‘Program Files’.
- Now navigate for the WOW.exe file and after getting it, right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
- Thereafter, a new window will open and will feature a lot of options, click on ‘Compatibility’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Here, you will get a few advanced options, scroll down the page and move to the ‘Application’ section. In this section, you will find an option ‘Disable Full–Screen Optimization’, click on the checkbox and further click on ‘Apply’.
- Now click on the ‘OK’ button and close the window.
- Wait, the process is yet not over, before launching the game, restart your computer to apply the changes to your computer.
How to use World of Warcraft Repair Tool to fix the “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration” error
The Blizzard has made a repair tool to fix minor issues on the game World of Warcraft. So, you can try this option and this will resolve the above-said issue.
- Open Battle.net application from your computer.
- In the Home Page, you will find the display of World of Warcraft Legions and few options. Here, you need to find out the option ‘Scan and Repair’. Now, let’s get into the brief.
- The Main menu will show an ‘Options’ button which is symbolized with a gear icon, click on it.
- Thereafter, a drop-down menu will appear and your job is to select the ‘Scan and Repair’ option.
- After clicking on it, you will be asked for the confirmation of the action, confirm it and allow the Blizzard to repair the game.
How to Update Windows to fix the “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration” error
- The World of Warcraft supports the Operating System which is fully updated. So, if you are lagging behind, then update the Windows and resolve the issue ‘World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration’.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’.
- Now, select ‘Updates and Security’ from the ‘Settings’ page.
- A new page will open and here you will find the summary of the updates, such as the last update done.
- If you find an option ‘update now’, then click on it.
- However, if you see ‘check for updates’, then click on it and the Windows will inform you the updates.
- If no update is available, it means you are using the updated version of Windows.
Hope, these solutions will resolve your issue. However, if the issue still persists, then contact us. We will remotely access your computer and will resolve the issue with a short span of time. Our geeks are specialized in resolving World of Warcraft issues and others. So, get our assistance anytime and enjoy the game effectively. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.