In this guide, I will walk you through the steps to tackle the Razer Synapse not working issue and no pop-up window open even after plugging-in the Razer device.
If you are a gamer or game lover then you might have heard of Razer devices. Using Razer devices on your computers such as Razer mouse or Razer keyboard, you might have used Razer Synapse also. Basically it is a hardware configuration software that helps you to configure your Razer devices. What would happen if you encounter Razer Synapse won’t opening on your computer? Don’t panic. You are in the safe hands, here I will share my personal experience to fix these issues.
What is Razer Synapse?
Razer is a popular gaming hardware manufacturer company established in 2005 in San Diego, California by Singaporean entrepreneur Min-Liang Tan and Robert Krakoff, that makes several outstanding products.
Razer Inc. has owned a software named Razer Synapse, which allows its users to rebind control or assign macros to any of the Razer peripherals. This software has a feature due to which all your configurations and settings get stored in cloud-based storage. This feature makes it easy to switch over between configurations. Apart from this, it has many other features such as stats, heat maps, hardware configurator, etc which make it unique.
Although this is a trusted and solid software, yet there can be circumstances when you may face certain issues. Keep reading to fix the issues.
How to fix Razer Synapse not opening Issue?
If you are facing unexpected Razer Synapse not opening error then follow the following steps to get rid of these problems once and for all.
1] Reboot your computer
Although the step is very simple to see and follow, most of the errors can be fixed just by rebooting your computer. Just reboot your computer and check for the error. If the issue still exists then follow the next steps to fix the error.
2] Re-install Razer Synapse software and Razer Device Driver
If Razer Synapse failed to start on your computer. It might be due to the Razer Synapse driver. Then re-installing the Razer Synapse software along with the Razer device driver may fix the issue. To overcome the same, you need to download Razor Synapse and install the latest drivers of the Razer device such as keyboard, mouse and more in Windows 10.
- Press the Start logo and R keys together to launch the Run box.
- In the box, you need to type devmgmt.msc and then press the Enter key.
- Thereafter, the Device Manager window will open and here you need to select the Razer driver and it will be available in any of these sections, Keyboard, Mice, and other pointing devices or Human Interference devices.
- After getting the driver, right-click on it and then choose an option Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- The process will take some time and after the completion, you must remove all the peripherals of Razer Synapse and keep it idle for a couple of minutes.
- Now, connect the device again to the computer and allow the Windows OS to install the latest drivers for Razer Synapse.
3] Disable Razer Surround
If Razer Synapse is not opening on your computer, the reason might be the Razer Surround module. So disabling that module might fix the software. If you reinstall Razer Synapse as stated above, you can cancel Razer Surround’s installation even when you log in to the Razer account once after installing the software.
Just remember to cancel the feature update pop-up when you connect Razer Synapse to the Internet. Click on the Razer Surround notification that pops up once you have done the setup, and select to disable Razer Surround. Thereafter, move ahead to update Synapse and then restart Windows.
If you have skipped those steps, then you can uninstall Razer Surround even if it’s already installed. To do that follow these steps:
- Launch the Run application by pressing Windows+R key simultaneously. Type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and press Enter. A pop-up window consisting of all programs installed on your computer.
- Execute the following steps for both Razer Synapse and Razer Core. Right-click on the application and then select “Uninstall”.
- Press Windows + E and launch the file explorer. Head to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer
- Click on the View tab at the top of the screen and check “Hidden items”.
- Delete all the files available in this folder location. A UAC will pop up to seek your confirmation, if prompted, select Yes.
- Press Windows + E to launch the file explorer again. Go to the following location: C:\ProgramData\Razer directories then delete all files.
- Restart your computer.
- Download Razer Synapse software from its official website. Choose an accessible location to save it.
- Install the software and log into your account and let Synapse connect to the internet.
- When the feature update pops up just cancel it.
- Once the installation is done perfectly, two notifications will appear on the top-left side: Razer Surround, Synapse Update
- Click on the “Razer Surround” on that notification and then immediately cancel it. Do not update/upgrade/install Razer Surround in any case.
- Once you have canceled the surround, you can update the Synapse software by clicking the “Synapse Update” notification.
- Restart your computer
Check if the Razer Synapse not opening issue is fixed or not.
4] Install the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework
.NET Framework is a basic and essential system requirement to open Razer Synapse, and if NET Framework isn’t installed on your computer, Razer Synapse 3 or Razer Synapse macro might not be opening. If you are having an earlier version of .NET Framework installed, then update to the latest to run the Razer Synapse smoothly.
5] Uninstall Razer Synapse and then Install it again
If Razer Synapse is corrupted, then it won’t open on your computer and trying the same will lead to the issue. So, if you are facing Razer Synapse not working issue, then you must uninstall it and then again install the same. The comprehensive steps for the method are listed below.
- Press the Start button and then type Control Panel in the Search bar and press the Enter key.
- Thereafter, a Control Panel window will open and you need to move to the Program section and then click on Uninstall a program
- Soon, you will find the list of applications on your screen and your job is to navigate for Razer Synapse, select it and then click on the Uninstall button that is located at the top of the page.
- After completing the above step, open your browser and then open the official website of Razer and click on the link https://www.razer.com/downloads to download.
- On the page, you will get Razer Cortex, Razer Synapse 2.0msi, Razer Synapse 3 beta version and much more. Select the one as per your need, download the file and then install the same.
6] Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is an inbuilt tool of the Windows 10 OS and it filters the incoming and outgoing packets of the applications that are accessed by your computer. So, if there is any conflict between the Razer Synapse software and Windows Firewall, then the latter will succeed and it won’t allow the former to run smoothly on your PC. So, you need to disable the Firewall to overcome from Razer Synapse not opening in theWindows 10 issue.
- Press the Start button, type Windows Control Panel in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- In the Control Panel page, you will find several sections, select System & Security.
- Thereafter, System & Security page will open and it will offer you to make changes in several applications of Windows 10, but you need to select Windows Firewall.
- At the left panel of Windows Defender Firewall, you will find an option Turn Windows Firewall on or off, click on it.
- Soon, a customize settings of Firewall will open and you need to click on the radio button displaying Turn off Windows Firewall and then click on the OK button.
7] Close Razer Processes
Some of the Synapse users have shared that closing the Razer processes before opening Synapse 3.0 can help if Razer Synapse is not working. Here are the steps to close the Razer processes:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select Razer processes listed under background processes, and click on the End task to close them.
- Close the Task Manager, and run the Synapse as an administrator.
8] Update Windows 10
Windows 10 has an update feature that keeps the OS updated and also removes the bugs. But, if you have not updated the Windows 10, then you must do it to fix Razer Synapse not opening issue in Window 10 and the process for the same is listed below.
- Press the Start button and then click on the Settings icon that is symbolized with a gear icon.
- Soon, the Windows settings page will open that will fetch several features and you need to click on Update and Security.
- The above task will direct you to the Update page and here you will get the summary of the updates. Now, click on Check for Updates.
- Now, wait for a while as Windows will take some time to update your PC.
So, these were the comprehensive solution against Razer Synapse is not opening/working issue. However, if you have another issue related to driver, hardware or any kind of Windows error, then feel free to post in the comment box. We will help you to fix the issue.
If you feel this guide helpful then follow our Facebook page and stay updated for the latest tutorials.