Microsoft, the American technology major, started rolling out Windows 10 1909 update on November 12. Earlier in mid-October, the Redmond headquartered company made the 1909 client and server ISO available to developers on MSDN.
The Windows 10, developed as a service to allow regular feature updates, the update is Windows 10 build 18363 which will bring the version to 1909. The eight updates, so far from the most successful operating system, is a relatively small Cumulative Update package meaning that version 1909 will be installed quickly, easily, and non-destructively.
Making the Window 10 version 1909 update rollout announcement, John Cable, Director of Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery wrote in his blog, “The Windows 10 November 2019 Update is now available for users on the most recent versions of Windows 10 who seek the new update via Windows Update.”
“We have worked to make this a great experience for all devices, and an exceptionally fast update process for devices running on Windows 10 version 1903,” he explained further.
If you are a “seekers”, meaning you are looking for Windows Update manually, you will have to explicitly choose to download and install the November 2018 Update. You will have to reboot your system.
November 2019 Windows 10 Update Features
With a reputation of high update frequency in Windows 10, Microsoft delivered a major feature upgrade called Windows 10 version 1903 in May and now the latest upgrade is promised to have the latest features and the most secure version of Windows. According to John Cable, the new features include capabilities for:
- Creating an event directly from the Calendar on the Taskbar. It might add some speed to your workflow.
- The version 1909 brings a new button at the top of the Action Center giving you more flexibility to manage notifications. You will have the option to sort notifications by most recently shown.
- The November 2019 Update integrates OneDrive content online with traditional indexed results in the File Explorer search box. Now, when you will search files using File Explorer, the results will include not only include your PC files but files that are in your OneDrive storage.
- Thankfully, the Start Menu now expands in response to cursor giving you a better visual cue of click action.
- Now, you can activate the digital assistant using your voice from the Lock screen.
- On the security side, version 1909 and earlier version 1903 will be serviced by the same patch, meaning it will be easier, more efficient, and more secure for everyone.
How to Install Windows 10 Version 1909 Manually
If you are eager to see changes in features as explained above, you can upgrade your device now, as the software giant has released the 1909 Upgrade on November 12. Here are some simple steps you have to follow to upgrade your Windows 10 operating system:
Step 1: Open your Windows Update settings by following this path Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Step 2: You have to select ‘Check for updates’. If you don’t see the latest 1909 update then it might be due to compatibility issues. Take the next step only when you have enough update experience.
Step 3: Once the update appears, you can select Download and install it now.
Step 4: Once the download is complete, you have to restart your device to complete the update installation process. To make it safe, it is better to save all your files and close apps.
Step 5: You have the option to schedule the restart. Alternatively, Windows can do it automatically to suit your time requirements.
Windows 10, installed in more than 900 million PCs so far, is expected to achieve the goal of 1 billion next year. Currently, Windows 10 has a market share of 50%. If you want to get more details about the Windows 10 version 1909 Upgrade you can watch this video.
Leave a Reply