Oh, Windows 10 is crashing on startup! Is that your story too? Not to worry friends you are not alone in the list there are many users who are facing the same issue. This kind of error is encounter normally because of the accumulation of Temp files or installation of incompatible App or memory installation on your PC could be the reason behind Windows crashing on startup or the system files are being corrupted or the antivirus is not updated.
“Windows 10 Freezes on startup or Boot” Error: Solutions
Devicetricks is the only gateway where all your problems are solved. A list of solutions is shown in the following tutorial to solve your problem. To fix the error no extra prep is needed the only thing you should have is patience if one solution doesn’t fix the problem try the next method from the following solutions.
Disable fast Startup
- Open the Control panel by pressing Windows key + R key at a time to open the RUN program. Type control panel and hit enter to open it.
- From Control Panel select Hardware and Sound Option.
- Then click on Power options.
- Choose Change what the power buttons do from the left pane.
- Now click on change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) from shutdown settings and save changes.
Perform Clean Boot
- Open the Run Program and type to search ‘msconfig’. Click OK to open it.
- Uncheck the load startup items under selective startup.
- Go under the Services tab and check the entire box ‘Hide all Microsoft services’. Now click Disable all to remove the other services which are causing conflict.
- Further, select the Startup tab and click on ‘Open task Manager’. Disable all the startup items from the Task Manager.
- Click ok and restart the computer check whether the problem is resolved. If not try another method to fix the computer freezes on startup problem.
Update Graphic Card Drives
- Open the Run Program and search for ‘dxdiag’ and hit enter to open.
- In the toolbox look out for your Graphic card in the Display Tab and from its website update it manually.
Run Windows Memory Diagnostics
- Search for Windows Memory Diagnostics in windows search box.
- Select the displayed option ‘Restart now and check for problems ‘.
- Windows will restart to check for possible RAM errors and will hopefully fix the Windows 10 crashing on startup error.
- Reboot the PC to save the changes.
- Open the Run Program and search for Registry Editor by typing ‘regedit’.
- Navigate to the following registry key
- Click on the AppXSvc and then select from right window pane ‘start’ subkey.
- In the Value Data field type 4 and then click OK.
- Restart the PC to save the changes and check whether the problem of a computer crashing on startup.
Perform System Restore
- Search ‘sysdm.cpl’ in Run program and then press OK.
- Select ‘System Protection tab’ from the System Properties index bar.
- Navigate to System Restore from the System Protection tab.
- Select the restore point of your choice and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Follow the instruction to complete the Restore process and enter the Finish button.
- After reboot hopefully the issue of computer freezes on startup is resolved. If not keep trying the other method listed below.
Clear Temp files from the Computer
- Press Windows + R Key at a time to open the Run Program and type Temp to search temp files.
- Once in the Temp folder select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A and right click to select Delete option.
- Reboot the PC and you will find an improvement in the performance of your computer.
Uncheck Hardware Acceleration
- Open Google Chrome and open Settings from the right side of the screen.
- Now scroll down the list and at the end select an Advanced option from the settings menu.
- Advance Settings will take you to System Settings and make sure to disable the toggle or turn off the option ‘Use Hardware Acceleration when available’.
- Restart chrome and this should help you in fixing Windows 10 Freezes on Startup issue.
This tutorial is one of its kinds to fix such problems in the future feel free to write us back in our comment section or you can connect us on our social media portals at any time. Our expert’s team are eager to answer your ‘How to Fix’ type of questions by 24*7. We have previously posted many such tutorials on our website, please go through it and like, share, subscribe follow our page.