Oh, Windows 10 stuck on the loading screen! Is that your story too? Not to worry friends you are not alone on the list there are many users who are facing the same issue. This is a very common error and when it occurs, you will see the computer screen reveals Windows 10 black screen with a loading circle and cursor.
Windows 10 is a very popular OS among users because it offers wonderful features, still, it’s not perfect. Like other Windows OS, it also has some defects. As it offers a number of great features to the users and most of these features are not available on older versions. To enjoy its intriguing features, many users prefer to update their Windows OS to Windows 10.
What is Windows 10 Stuck on Loading?
When you boot Windows 10 on your system, sometimes Windows 10 not booting or Stuck on loading. Apparently, this is a common issue but it’s really irritating when you start your computer for some important work, and suddenly your Windows freezes during the startup process and displays a black screen with a loading circle and cursor. There are a number of causes of the Windows 10 not booting issue.
Why Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen?
Sometimes, when you try to turn on your computer, your system only displays blue Windowpane. If you reboot your system, everything is back to normal. But, as long as you don’t solve this problem, it happens again and again. A lot of programs and drivers load into Windows during boot process if any one of them misbehaves or not loading properly with the other then this issue may occur. In such a case, a hard reset may help to come out of the issue.
This kind of error encounters normally because of the accumulation of Temp files or installation of incompatible App or memory installation on your PC could be the reason behind Windows crashing on startup or the system files are being corrupted or the antivirus is not updated. Somehow, BIOS misconfiguration is also a probability behind this issue.
When the issue “Windows 10 Hangs at Loading Screen” arises?
Users reported various situations when Windows 10 stuck on a black screen with some spinning dots. The most common situations are as under:
Windows Update Stuck on Loading Screen
Some users reported that when they try to upgrade their older Windows OS to the latest Windows 10, they observed Windows 10 stuck on a black loading screen without any further process.
Windows 10 Stuck on Spinning Dots during Startup
Some users reported the inability to turn on Windows 10 normally because it was getting stuck on the black screen with white spinning dots at the bottom just before the login screen.
While Upgrading Nvidia Drivers Windows 10 Hangs at Loading Screen
Some users reported that while updating their Nvidia drivers, the computer screen becomes black suddenly.
There might be some other incidents also that are not covered here. However, some ore more the issue is the same: Windows 10 stuck on the loading screen.
How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen?
A list of solutions is shown in this tutorial to solve your problem. To fix the error no extra preparation is needed, the only thing you should have is patience if one solution doesn’t fix the problem try the next method from the following solutions.
Enter Safe Mode
It is easy to solve the issue by entering safe mode. There are 4 different operations that you can perform for different situations in Safe Mode.
- Some Windows 10 users say that when they try to update the Nvidia Drivers, suddenly their computer screen becomes black. When they do a hard reset of the system, Windows 10 black screen with spinning dots problem occurs. If you also encounter this issue, you should enter the Safe Mode, and then you should make a rollback of the Nvidia drivers. Now reboot your system in normal mode.
- Sometimes, Windows update or other technical issues create the “Windows stuck on loading screen” issue. In this case, you should enter the Safe Mode, and then you just need to reboot your computer.
- In some cases, viruses or malware may also cause the “Windows stuck on loading screen” problem. In this case, you should scan your computer in Safe Mode by using any antivirus software. After removing all the viruses and malware from your computer, you should restart your system in normal mode.
- Sometimes, installing antivirus software clashes with the running Windows 10 OS. In such cases, if you try to start your system, “Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots” problem occurs. Thus, you should uninstall that incompatible antivirus software in Safe Mode. Now restart your system to check whether it is working properly or not.
Fix the hardware problem
In some cases, a program crashes and causes a consistent or occasional freeze. Sometimes a hardware issue is the cause of the Windows freezing problem. For instance, if the internal SD card reader is faulty, it may cause the Windows freezing problem. It is possible to fix this issue by disconnecting the faulty device.
It is also important to check the Hard Disk Drive and its connections. If it is difficult to check it on your personal computer, you should try to check it on any other computer which is in good condition and works properly. It is very important to check your hardware and fix the hardware malfunctioning issue.
Disable fast Startup
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog box. Type control panel and hit Enter to open it.
- From Control Panel select Hardware and Sound Option.
- Now click on Power Options.
- Choose Change what the power buttons does from the left pane.
- Now click on change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) from shutdown settings and save changes.
Disconnect USB devices
Some users say that the devices they connect to their computer through a USB cause Windows 10 crashing on startup. Thus, you should try to unplug USB-connected mouse, flash drive, wireless mouse dongle, USB dongle, and any other USB-connected device that may cause this issue. Reboot your Windows 10 and check whether this solution solved the problem or not. Using this method, many people get positive results. If it doesn’t work for you, you should try the next method.
Disk Surface Test
If your hard drive has bad sectors, there is a higher chance of computer freezes on startup issue. So, it is essential to perform a disk surface test. Check your system RAM. If bad memory in the computer or bad memory slot on the motherboard causes Windows to freeze, you can fix it by doing the following steps.
- Try to change/reinstall the computer and then restart your system in Safe Mode.
- Press Shift / F8 on startup.
Perform Clean Boot
- Open the Run Program and type msconfig to search. Click OK to open it.
- In the System Configuration window, navigate to the General Tab. Uncheck the Load startup items under selective startup.
- Under the Services tab and check the entire box ‘Hide all Microsoft services’. Now click Disable all to remove the other services which are causing conflict.
- Further, select the Startup tab and click on ‘Open task Manager’.
- Disable all the startup items from the Task Manager. Click OK and restart the computer.
- Check whether the problem is resolved. If not try another method to fix the Windows 10 freezes on startup problems.
Update Graphic Card Driver
Sometimes, your outdated or corrupted device drivers cause this issue. All your devices should have a suitable driver. You should update those drivers that are not right for their respective devices. You can do it manually or use a software tool to automatically update your system drivers.
- Open the Run Program and type dxdiag and hit Enter to open.
- In the toolbox, lookout for your Graphic card in the Display Tab.
- Navigate to the official website of the Graphics Card Driver and download the Driver manually.
- Once downloaded, install the file.
- Restart the computer and check for the error.
Run Windows Memory Diagnostics
- Search for Windows Memory Diagnostics in the Windows search box.
- Select the displayed option ‘Restart now and check for problems ‘.
- Windows will restart to check for possible RAM errors and will hopefully fix the Windows 10 crashing on startup error.
- Reboot the PC to save the changes.
Clear the CMOS
Try to clear the BIOS memory on your motherboard. Doing so will return the BIOS settings to their factory default levels. A BIOS misconfiguration is also a possible reason behind the error Windows is freezing during startup.
- Open the Run Program and type regedit and search for Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following registry key
- Click on the AppXSvc. From the right window pane select start subkey. And in the Value Data field type 4 and then click OK.
- Restart the PC to save the changes and check for the error.
Perform System Restore
One of the main reasons for Windows 10 crashing on startup issue is because one or more crucial Windows files are either missing or damaged. If a system file is missing or something else is wrong with your Windows 10 system, system repair can fix the problem. To do this, you’ll have to use a Windows 10 installation CD or you’ll have to enter Safe Mode to start command prompt and type “bootrec.exe/fix.”
If system repair doesn’t solve the Windows 10 freezes on startup issue, you should perform system restore. It’ll restore your system to an earlier state. You should make sure that there is a complete system backup on your system. You should also turn on system protection. You’ll have to perform the following steps:
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog box. Type sysdm.cpl and press OK.
- Under the System Properties window navigate to the System Protection tab and click on the System Restore option.
- Select the restore point of your choice and hit the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process and enter the Finish button.
- After reboot hopefully the issue of computer freezes on startup is resolved. If not keep trying the other method listed below.
Clear Temp files from the Computer
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Program and type Temp and press Ok to search temp files.
- From the Temp folder select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A and right-click to select the Delete option.
- Reboot the PC and check for the error.
Uncheck Hardware Acceleration
- Open Google Chrome and open Settings from the right side of the screen.
- Now scroll down the list and at the end select the Advanced option.
- Advance Settings will take you to System Settings and make sure to disable the toggle or turn off the option ‘Use Hardware Acceleration when available’.
- Restart Chrome and this should help you in fixing Windows 10 Freezes on Startup issue.
Hopefully, your error has been resolved. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android. If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.