Most of the users reported an error ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied’. The prime reason behind the issue is the improper configuration and usually appears on the screen when you try to make changes in the folder and permission is denied.
The error ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container’ is not so annoying. You can fix it by applying few advanced methods and the same in a described form are listed beneath. Now, follow the steps and execute it carefully to get rid of this issue.
Steps to fix an error ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.’
This is an effective and easiest method to resolve an error ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container windows 10’ Operating System. First and foremost, you will have to select the Folder and then change the ownership. For the detailed section, go through the steps listed below.
- Select the Folder which is giving an error on your display.
- After selecting the folder, right-click on it and choose ‘Properties’ from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear on the screen, click on the ‘Security’ tab and further click on the ‘Advanced’ tab which is located at the bottom of the window.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window, you will find the ‘Owner’ section, click on the link ‘Change’.
- Soon, you will find another window which will give you an access to change the ownership of a particular folder. Enter a username in the space provided in the box and then click on ‘Check Names’ and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- After completing the above task, you will find the name of the owner will change, now click on the checkbox ‘Replace owner on sub containers and object’.
- At the bottom of the window, you will find a checkbox ‘Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object’ and enable the same. After completing the task, click on the ‘OK’ button and close the properties window.
- Now again, select the same folder which is showing an error ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container’, right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
- Click on ‘Security’ tab and further click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- This will direct you to the ‘Advanced System Security’ window, click on ‘Add’ button to perform a few additional settings.
- In the next pop-up, you will notice most of the features are disabled and to enable you will have to click on ‘Select a Principal’.
- Now, enter a username in the box and click on ‘Check Names’.
- Thereafter, you will find that all the features are not enabled and your job is to click on the checkbox ‘Full Control’ which is listed in the section of ‘Basic Permission’.
- After completing the above task, you will be directed to ‘Advanced Security Settings’ window. At the bottom, you will find a checkbox ‘Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object’ enable it by clicking on the checkbox.
- That’s it, click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button to complete the process.
Disable Notification feature
However, if you failed to accomplish the above task and the error ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container windows 10’ OS, then disable Notify feature of the Windows and for the same, follow the steps provided below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘change user account control settings’ in the search bar and further hit on ‘Enter key.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to User Account Control Setting and your task is to move the slider at the bottom level, i.e. at ‘Never Notify’ and then click on ‘OK’ button.
These were the effective solutions against an issue ‘Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied’. However, if the error still persists, then go for an exclusive feature of Windows, i.e. Safe Mode with Networking. The process is an easy one and you can perform it on your own. On the off chance, if you failed to accomplish the task, then call us immediately to get your issue resolved.