The Windows 10 operating system has its own repair tool which helps to fix your computer issues by itself. Sometimes, it won’t repair PC problem and causes even more issues by entering into Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop.
For example, the Windows 10 come up with the screen “Preparing Automatic Repair” and reboots automatically. Later, again runs “preparing automatic repair” again because it caught in the loop. Initially, we will know the causes of Automatic Repair loop Windows 10. Later, we will get into the solutions of Windows 10.
- 1 Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop Issue and Causes
- 1.1 Common causes of Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop
- 1.2 Automatic Repair Loop Windows 10: Solutions
- 1.2.1 Open Command Prompt Using USB or DVD
- 1.2.2 Restore Windows Registry to fix windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop
- 1.2.3 Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD
- 1.2.4 Disable Automatic Startup Repair
- 1.2.5 System Restore
- 1.2.6 Reinstall Windows 10 to fix Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop
- 2 Conclusion
Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop Issue and Causes
Automatic repair is a feature specially designed in Windows 10 to fix the PC issues. In some of the instances, it fails to work and stuck in the Windows 10 repair loop due to some of the reasons.
Common causes of Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop
- When you upgrade your system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 all works fine without any issues. Next time when you start your computer, it comes up with “preparing automatic repair” on the screen.
- While Windows Automatic repair failed to fix any system error, it gives an error message of “Preparing Automatic Repair” couldn’t repair your PC.
- When you perform a system restore, you face an error system restore is not completed. Windows starts repair tool and ends up in the automatic repair loop Windows 10.
- If you get an error while performing a boot, the system repair tool starts working. Later, it will get into the Windows 10 automatic repair loop, and the repair process becomes never-ending.
Automatic Repair Loop Windows 10: Solutions
Automatic Repair is a feature designed to help users to fix some PC issues in Windows. But sometimes, it might fail to work and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10 due to some certain reasons. According to the users, there are two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue which are:
1. Windows Automatic Repair failed and showing, “Automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC“.
2.Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen showing the message “Preparing Automatic Repair” error.
When during Automatic Repair your PC did not start correctly, the issue occurs in either of the two cases mentioned above, you can try the following solutions to solve the problem without the disc.
Open Command Prompt Using USB or DVD
To use the below solutions for Windows 10 automatic repair loop, you need to prepare a bootable USB or DVD with an installation file in it. If you are not sure how to create it, search for the process of “How to burn Windows 10 ISO to USB or DVD” on your web browser for clear steps. You have to get the file from any other computer as your system is not working.
Note: If you have a Windows 10 installation CD, you can use it instead of making installation file into USB or DVD.
- Insert the USB that contains the Windows 10 ISO file into your Windows 10 automatic repair loop error computer.
- If your system is in the power-off state, plug-in charger and power it on. Long press on the power button to switch it off if your system is in on mode,
- Now, power-on your system and press function keys ESC, F2, F8, F9, F11, or F12 to enter into the boot menu.
- The function key for boot menu depends on your computer manufacturer. Go to the manufacturer website or browse the web for the exact function key for boot menu.
- Next, follow DVD bootable steps for fixing the error Windows 10 automatic repair loop as both are same.
Insert CD or DVD into your computer and wait until you see a message press any key to boot from CD or DVD. Now, press any key to continue. If you don’t see any message, you have to change the boot order in the BIOS.
- Go to the setup screen and select the language that you wish to use in the process. You have to fill all other preferences and click on next button.
- Next, you will see the Windows install screen, select repair your computer at the bottom left corner.
- On the next screen, select the troubleshoot option as shown in the figure.
- Next Window contains two options, select advanced options.
- Here, on the advanced options screen, select command prompt.
- Now, the screen opens with a command prompt.
** After opening command prompt window, use the below solutions to fix automatic repair loop Windows 10.
Restore Windows Registry to fix windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop
- On command prompt, type copy c:\Windows\system32\config\RegBack\* c:\Windows\system32\config and hit enter.
- If the above command executes and prompted to overwrite existing files, type “All” and hit enter.
- Type exit and hit enter to close the command prompt window.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD
- Open the command prompt using USB or DVD or installation CD as mentioned above.
- Type exe /rebuildbcd and press enter.
- After executing the first command, enter exe /fixmbr and press enter.
- Next, type exe /fixboot and press enter.
- After successful execution of all commands, type exit and click enter. Else skip to the next step.
- Finally, restart your PC and the problem Windows 10 automatic repair loop is fixed. If you are facing the Windows 10 repair loop, go to the next solution to fix it.
Disable Automatic Startup Repair
- Type bcdebit and hit enter in the command prompt and you will a see the display of result.
- Navigate to resumeobject and note the number parallel to it.
- Now, type bcdebit /set (the number you noted) recoveryenabled No and hit enter. For example, the command is like bcdebit 7ce0dd34-d277-11e4-8263-68f7286346fb recoveryenabled No and click on enter button.
- Now, reboot your PC and it should start without any automatic repair loop Windows 10.
Note: After your system restarts without any problem, go to the command prompt with admin privileges. Type bcdebit /set resumeobject recoveryenabled Yes and press enter.
System restore is the best option to get your computer out of Windows 10 automatic repair loop. You have to perform this solution with help of Windows 10 installation DISC or USB or DVD containing Windows 10 ISO file.
- Insert the one which is available with you either Installation disc or USB or DVD.
- Initially, configure your language and other preferences and click on next button.
- On the next screen, you can see Repair your computer on the bottom left of screen.
- If your computer has two operating systems, select the one that causes Windows 10 automatic repair loop. If you have only one operating system, you can directly skip to next step.
- Under choose an option, select Troubleshoot.
- On the next screen, select advanced options.
- Under advanced options, select the system restore option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, to restore your computer to an earlier point where it worked fine, without any automatic repair loop error.
- Once the system restore has completed, restart your computer. Now, it should continue the previous preparing automatic repair without looping or getting stuck.
Reinstall Windows 10 to fix Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop
Even after trying above all solutions. Still, are you facing Windows 10 automatic repair loop? The issue is with the installation of Windows 10 on your computer. You have to reinstall Windows 10 to fix Automatic repair loop Windows 10.
The above solutions will help you to fix Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop. Are you having any more doubts at any point of step regarding the solutions, let us know in the comment section. We will help you out at the earliest possible with possible solutions. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.