Alas! You got a WerFault.exe application error on your computer. Well, don’t worry at all. There are some effective solutions which will resolve such an issue. But, before heading towards the troubleshooting steps, let’s figure out what is WerFault.exe and why this error occurred.
- 1 What is WerFault.exe?
- 2 Conclusion
What is WerFault.exe?
The WerFault .exe is an inbuilt file of Window Error Reporting System whose sole aim is to detect the error on the Windows and deliver the report to the Microsoft. This feature enables Microsoft to fix the bugs in the Operating System so that the users can access the features of the OS in an efficient manner. In short, you can say WerFault.exe is a link between the Windows and the Microsoft and its sole responsibility is to report the errors of the OS to the Microsoft.
Why WerFault.exe application error occurs?
Sometimes, some applications fail to run properly and due to this, WerFault.exe application error appears on the PC screen. So, if you are facing the same issue, then don’t get annoyed. Here are some fruitful solutions which will resolve the issue. Now, get ready to troubleshoot the above-said issue and for the same, follow the procedure listed beneath.
What are the troubleshooting steps to fix ‘WerFault.exe application error’?
Now, you are aware of ‘What is WerFault.exe’ and its causes. So, it is time to fix it and for that few advanced methods is mentioned below and your job is to execute them carefully.
Turn off Windows Error Reporting Services
As stated earlier, a WerFault.exe application error is caused due to some corrupt software and WerFault.exe is an inbuilt feature of Windows Error Reporting Services and disabling the same will resolve an issue.
- Open ‘Run’ dialog box and for that press ‘Window’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘services.msc’ in the space provided in the box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, a new window will open and it will show the list of applications.
- Move to the ‘Windows Error Reporting Services’ section and select this feature.
- Now, right-click on the selected file and then select ‘Properties’ from the drop-down menu.
- Soon, you will get another pop-up, displaying salient features of Windows Error Reporting Services.
- Move to ‘Startup Type’ section and select ‘Disable’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on ‘Apply’ and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
That’s it; this will resolve an issue ‘WerFault.exe application error’. However, if the issue still persists, then go for another solution and this time, you will have to just update the Display driver. The process is simple and for your convenience, the detailed steps are listed below.
Update Display Driver
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and then hit Enter.
- Thereafter, a new window will feature on your PC screen with several features of the Windows.
- Navigate for ‘Display Driver’ and then highlight it.
- Now, click on the arrow button and expand the drivers.
- After that, select the relevant driver and then right-click on the ‘Display Driver’.
- Now click on ‘Update driver’.
- Thereafter, a window will start its operation and within a short span of time, it will update the display driver.
- Make sure to restart your computer after the completion of the process.
Uninstall and Reinstall Display driver
- Press ‘Window’ key and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and then hit Enter.
- Thereafter, Device Manager Window will open with several options and your task is to find out the ‘Display Driver’.
- After selecting the relevant driver, right-click on it and then choose ‘Uninstall driver’.
- Now, wait for some time and allow Windows to accomplish the task.
- Restart the computer after the task is over.
- Once the computer starts, Windows itself will install the Display Driver.
Sometimes, this problem occurs due to the lack of Windows update. So, make sure your Windows is updated and if lacks, then go through the steps listed beneath and this method will also resolve the issue ‘WerFault.exe application error’.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’ from the list of applications.
- After that, a new window will open which will show relevant features of the Windows.
- Now, move to the section ‘Update and Security’.
- At the top of the page of ‘Update and Security’, you will find the summary of the update, check the date and time.
- However, if you have not updated the Windows, then click on the option ‘Check for updates’.
- Now, sit and relax and give some time to Windows to update the pending applications.
- After the completion of the process, restart your computer.
That’s it, you are all done. However, if at any stage you got stuck or failed to accomplish the task, then don’t get panic, just contact us for the support. Being, a prominent technical support firm, we offer a wide range of solutions to any issues and thus resolves the same within a quick span of time. Our team is composed of experienced geeks who work around the clock for the support of the users so that they can access the features of the Operating System effectively.