When you accidentally remove data from your iPhone or your iPhone is broken, need not to panic. iPhone also loses data when there is a factory reset to improve the functioning of the device. There are ways to recover iPhone data in simple steps which can be followed easily. Hence, no need to panic. In this guide, I will show you how to recover data from iPhone. Keep reading!
- 1 Recover data from iPhone
- 1.1 1. Recover lost Data from your iPhone directly
- 1.2 2. Recover Data from iPhone by Extracting iTunes Backup
- 1.3 3. Recover iPhone data by extracting iCloud Backup
- 1.4 iOS Data Recovery from iPhone
Recover data from iPhone
There are different possible ways to recover data from iPhone. These defined simple ways can help you recover the lost data from all iPhone models. These methods are simple to follow and executive if you are not a pro at computers. A simple USB device, the iPhone or Icloud, and Itunes accounts are well sufficient enough to retrieve back the lost data from an iPhone. This software scans merely your iPhone and reviews all data lost. You can select the data you need and retrieve back that to your iPhone.
1. Recover lost Data from your iPhone directly
This recovery mode allows you to scan the iPhone device directly and locate all the lost files recently, or recover lost data from your remote device. These ways are:
Step 1. Connect your Ipad equipment to the computer via USB cable
Download and install the IOS data recovery software online. Connect your iPhone with the computer using the USB device, and you will see the following screen:
If you use an iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS, the window will be little different:
Step 2. To scan the iPhone devices enter in a DFU mode
If you use an iPhone X model, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S or iPhone 7 plus. You can click on the “Start Scan” tab to complete the scan. For other iPhone models, before doing any scans for lost data, follow the steps below to get into the DFU mode necessary for the recovery of lost data.
- Take your phone and on the screen click “Start” button in the interface of iPhone/iPad/iPod Recovery.
- Hold the “Power” and “Home” buttons on your device at the same time for at least 10 seconds at a stretch. Usually, the software counts the time and then release the button but keep holding the Home button.
- After a few seconds, the message will blink on the screen that you have successfully entered the DFU mode. The software then scans the device for lost data, and the following interface occurs:
Step 3. Preview and selectively recover files
After the scan of the iPhone device, all the lost data like categories, messages, message attachments, call history, camera roll, photo stream, photo library, calendar, notes, reminders voice memos, and safari bookmarks. All these contents can be previewed one by one:
Recover lost Contacts from iPhone
When the scan of the phone has finished, click on “ contacts” on the user interface and click on “Recover” button to save all the contents of the computer.
Recover SMS from iPhone
2. Recover Data from iPhone by Extracting iTunes Backup
If you sync iPhone with iTunes before and the backup contains the contents of deleted data, you can use iTunes to restore lost data. Connect your iPhone to iTunes, right-click on the iOS device and select “Restore from Backup.
Step 1: Select iTunes backup file to scan
When launching the program, you’ll be lead to the “Recover from iOS Device” mode (the default mode). Select “Recover from iTunes Backup File.”
All your iTunes backup data of your iPad, which has ever synced with iTunes on your computer will be automatically found and listed here. Select the one of yours and click “Start Scan” button to begin iTunes backup extracting process.
Step 2: Preview and restore previous data
When the scans are finished processing, all your files backed up by iTunes can be found and displayed on the screen. You can see the information one by one before recovery.
Recover iPhone Messages from iTunes backup
After the scan is completed successfully, you can check and preview the details of your iPhone device messages, and save it on your computer by clicking “Recover.”
3. Recover iPhone data by extracting iCloud Backup
If you sync iPhone iCloud before and the deleted data store in the backup, you can use iCloud to restore lost iOS device data, follow the below steps.
- Click “Settings” then click on tab “General” on iPhone iPad then tap “Reset” tab. “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- When you see a pop-up, click on the “Erase iPhone.”
- After your iOS device restart, click on the “Set Up iPhone” tab, then click on “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Sign iCloud account, choose a backup containing the deleted data and click on the “Restore” tab. Wait for some time, while the lost data will go back to your iOS device.
Step 1: Choose recovery mode by clicking on it and log in to your iCloud account
Go to “Recover from iCloud Backup File,” tab and then enter your Apple ID and password to sign in iCloud.
Step 2: Download iCloud backup file
After you sign in iCloud, the software will find all iCloud backup files automatically and it will be displayed as a list. You can choose the one you want to extract and click on the “Download” tab. Choose the file type on the screen user interface and click “Next” to scan your iCloud backup files.
Step 3: Preview and recover the iPhone lost data
After the scan is complete, you can choose the relevant category and preview the relevant information, then select the info you want to restore and click “Recover” button to repair them.
iOS Data Recovery from iPhone
The iPhone data recovery methods can help you restore all the lost data from your phone whether it is broken or lost. It helps to recover the Lost Contacts, Messages along with their its attachments, Photos, Videos, Camera Roll, photos from the gallery, all History, Whatsapp messages, etc. Because sometimes the phone factory reset too can lead to complete loss of data. Hence these methods can help to recover the lost data from the phone whichever model it may be. These are tried and tested successful methods to retrieve data.