Various different programs run in the system’s background un-knowingly. But it draws our attention when the system is facing some serious issues. One such situation is High CPU usage by RAVBg64.exe process under which some issues start misbehaving and consumes more space in the CPU memory.
- 1 What is RAVBg64.exe?
- 1.1 Reasons behind ravbg64.exe High CPU Usage Issue
- 1.2 Solutions to fix ravbg64.exe High CPU Usage Issue
- 1.3 Liked the Guide? Don’t Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
What is RAVBg64.exe?
RAVBg64.exe is a process which plays a crucial role in running the Realtek HD audio background process. It belongs to the Realtek High definition Audio codecs or the Realtek Drivers. As it runs in the background it should not be terminated otherwise it will have a serious effect on Realtek HD Audio tool which helps in maintaining the Audio in your system.
It is noticed that many users after installation of Windows 10 are facing issue with RAVBg64.exe process. Complains tell that RAVBg64.exe process either run several instances or consumes a huge amount of CPU resources. However, the RAVBg64.exe process should not have high CPU usage.
Reasons behind ravbg64.exe High CPU Usage Issue
The system files might get corrupted while upgrading the system or the system is under attack or some professional hackers are misusing it to conceal malicious process & prevent virus detection when scanned.
Solutions to fix ravbg64.exe High CPU Usage Issue
In order to make the high CPU usage normal, you might need to update Realtek device drivers, disable Realtek HD Audio Manager and then enable it again, edit Windows Registry and to run the System File Checker. So read the guide below and you will find all solutions described step by step and see if the CPU usage gets back to normal after you apply them all. Let’s follow some of the solutions to address this issue.
1. Restart Realtek Audio Programs
- Open the Run Program by pressing Windows Key + R Key and type msconfig in the search box.
- Open Startup Tab and locate Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Select the Realtek HD Audio Manager and Disable the tool.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- After this, come back to Windows icon and right-click on it to select the Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controller category displayed on the Device Manager index.
- After expanding the Sound, Video and game controllers, particularly select Realtek High Definition Audio controller and right-click on it to disable the device.
- Once successfully Disabled the device, repeat all the steps as mentioned above again. Starting from opening the System configuration by opening the Run Program and start enabling all the Realtek startup items and Realtek Audio devices which were previously disabled.
- Finally, Reboot the system and check whether the HD Audio background process high usage is fixed or not.
2. Add New Registry Values to fix High CPU Usage by Ravbg64.exe
- By pressing Windows + R key you will open the Run Program. Type regedit in the search box and enter OK to process.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE.
- Under Software category look out for SRS Labs key if you are unable to find one. Kindly right-click and add a New Key renaming SRS Labs by selecting the New and Key option.
- After adding the ‘SRS Labs’ right-click on it to add the sub-key naming ADO.
Once finished adding the two keys you will see them listed in the registry keys. Restart the computer and look out for the high usage of RAVEBg64.exe has been resolved. If you are still struggling try out the other method.
3. Reinstall the Realtek Audio Drivers
- On the Windows, button right-click and select Device manager.
- Expand the Sound, Video and Game controllers option and right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Uninstall.
- If the warning for the Uninstall pop-up assures the system by pressing the Uninstall button.
- Now close everything and Reboot the system and once again open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows button and click on Action tab on the toolbar.
- Select Scan for Hardware Changes and wait until the system detects the missing hardware.
- Click on Install driver. The system will find the latest version of Realtek driver automatically. If for some reason the installation is interrupted go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers manually.
4. Update the Realtek Driver to fix High CPU Usage by Ravbg64.exe
- Open the Device Manager and go to Sound, Video and Game Controllers section.
- Expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section and locate the Realtek Audio Driver, right-click on it and select Update Driver to update the Realtek Audio driver.
- Restart the PC to see the problem is fixed in HD Audio background process.
5. Run the System File Checker
- Search for Command Prompt in Windows search box.
- Right-click on it and Run it on Administrator mode and when asked by User Account Controller press Yes.
Now type sfc /scannow command and press enter. System file checker will start and will take some time to scan the system.
Wait until the scanning process is complete. Once the scanning is done restart the PC and check if you still have a problem in RAVEBg.exe high usage.
That’s it these are the few solutions in addressing the How to Fix ravbg64.exe (Realtek HD Audio Background Process) High CPU Usage Issue. If you are stuck with such more problems in your system feel free to comment us back. Device trick experts team assures you with a guaranteed solution to resolve your question 24X7.