“Unfortunately, Google Play Service has stopped”, if this error displays on your Android device, then you will fail to access Google Play Store properly, and the other apps may stop responding. To access your Android phone and the amazing apps without any interference, then you will have to resolve an issue. However, before moving further, let’s have a quick glance at Google Play Service and the causes behind the issue.
What is Google Play Service?
It is an inbuilt service on an Android device that enables the Google Play Store to work efficiently. Google Play Service runs in the background and supports the Play Store to update the apps.
Why ‘Google Play Service has stopped’ on Android?
There are many reasons behind the issue, and the most possible is the use of an outdated version of Google Play Service, and this led to an issue ‘now Google Play Service has stopped’. Apart from this the bad software or the poor network also cause this error. The error usually appears on your Phone screen when you open any Google apps or Play Store.
How to Fix Google Play Service has Stopped?
There are the best 5 possible ways to fix such an issue, and the comprehensive method is listed below. Make sure, to apply all the methods one by one carefully.
Uninstall Updates of Google Play Service
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your Android Phone.
- Now tap on ‘Security’.
- Now move to the ‘Device Administration’ section.
- Here, you will get a few options, tap on ‘Android Device Manager’ and ‘Disable’ it.
- After completing the above step, go back to the ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Apps/Application Manager’.
- At the top of the page, you will find down arrow symbol, tap on it and select ‘All Apps’.
- Now after that, you will find the list of apps, scroll down the page and select ‘Google Play Service’.
- After getting into the ‘App info’ page of Google Play Service, tap on vertical ellipsis symbolized with three vertical dots, located at the top-right of the page.
- Just after tapping on it, you will get ‘Uninstall Updates’, tap on it.
- After completing the process, move back to the Security section and enable ‘Android Device Manager’. Follow the above steps to enable the same.
- Now, restart your phone and thereafter, update prompt will appear on your screen and your job is to follow the instruction to update Google Play Service.
Clear Caches of Google Play Service
- Open Settings on your device and tap on Apps/Application Manager.
- Select ‘All Apps’ from the drop-down menu and the same is listed on the top of the page.
- Now, scroll down the page to get Google Play Service.
- After entering into the Google Play Service, you will find a few options, tap on ‘Storage’.
- Further tap on ‘Clear Cache’.
- After that, close all the programs and then restart your device.
- For detailed description about the cached data and the steps to clear cached data read this post.
Remove Google Account and add it again
- Move to the Account section followed by Settings.
- In the list, you will find several options; select “Cloud and Accounts”.
- Now go to Accounts.
- In the list, you will find several accounts; select Google.
- Now, tap on your email ID and select ‘Remove’ account.
- After completing the above step, restart your device.
- Wait! The process is not yet finished. Go back to the ‘Settings’ section once again and follow the above process to add ‘Account’ again after removing the issue.
- Navigate to ‘Google’ and enter the credentials such as your email ID and Password. After that, tap on ‘Continue’ to complete the process. That’s all.
Adjust Date and Time
If the date and time are not accurate, then error ‘Google Play Service has stopped’ may arise. So, make sure the date and time are set accordingly. If you are unaware of the method, then follow the steps listed beneath.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your device.
- In the list of featured applications, navigate to the General Management.
- For ‘Date and Time’ and tap on it to access the features.
- Now, enable ‘Automatic date and time provided by the Network’.
- However, if the issue persists, then disable ‘Automatic date and time’ feature and adjust the date and time manually.
Reset your Android device
This is the master solution, but before performing this process take the backup of your device otherwise, you will lose all the data of your phone. Go through the process listed beneath and execute it effectively.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your phone.
- Scroll down the page and tap on ‘Backup and Restore’.
- Here, you will get an option ‘Factory data reset’ or ‘Backup & Restore’; tap on it. Please make sure to take your phone backup before executing this setting.
- Now, follow the next instructions carefully and finish the process. Once the task is completed, you will observe that your device is back to the original settings.
- That’s it; now Google Play Service will work smoothly.
Download the latest version of Google Play Service in .apk format.
If you are using the older version of Google Play Service, then the issue may arise and to fix it, you need to download and install the latest version of Google Play Service and the process for the same is provided below.
- Open your browser and search for the Google Play Service APK file on Google.
- After finding the .apk setup file, select the latest version and then tap on the ‘Download’ button.
- After the completion of the download process, go to the File Explorer and then tap on the downloaded file of Google Play Service.
- Now, wait for a while till the installation process gets completed. Once the installation is completed, restart your phone.
NOTE: Before executing the above-mentioned steps, it’s better to check whether the installation from ‘Unknown sources’ is allowed or not. If it’s disabled, then switch it on for hassle-free installation of the Google Play .apk file.
Reset Application Preferences
Many applications need permission to perform and if any one of such applications applied restrictions on Google Play Service, then it may cause an error ‘Google Play Service has stopped’ and to fix it, you need to reset the app preferences and for the detailed process, go through the steps listed below.
- Move to the Settings section of your Phone.
- Now, tap on Apps/Application Manager.
- Soon, a list of applications will appear on your phone screen, move to the top-right section and then tap on the three vertical dots.
- Thereafter, you will get two options, select ‘Reset app preferences’.
- Now, confirm the action by tapping on the ‘Reset’ Apps button.
Update your Android Phone
Most of the time, the issue appears when Google Play Service fails to match with your phone requirement, So in order to balance them, you must update your phone so that your phone will support the latest version of Google Play Service.
- First, you need to open the Settings of your phone.
- Scroll down the menu and move to the ‘About Phone’ section. In some Android phones, you will get a ‘System‘ or ‘Software Update’ instead of About Phone to update the Android version. Once you get the relevant option, just tap on it.
- Now, it will be opened with a list of options. You need to click on the Manual Updates.
- If there will be any updates available, your phone will start updating else it will show you the message of the latest installed updates.
Enable Google Play Service
Well, this is the rarest condition and it is quite hard to disable Google Play Service, but it is always said that never miss any single option. On the off chance, if it is disabled, then you must enable it and the detailed procedure is provided below.
- Launch Settings on your Phone by swiping down the notification bar.
- Now, tap on Apps/Application Manager.
- Inside that, select the Google Play Service.
- Now, tap on the Enable However, if you find the ‘Disable’ option highlighted in grey color, it means it is already enabled and you need not do anything.
Note All the screenshots shown above has been taken by a Samsung Mobile. So, the option names may vary to mobile brands and models. So keep calm while following the above process on your mobile because in case you are not getting the exact one, you will easily get all these options by going through the relevant terms.
These were the practical solution for the issue ‘Unfortunately, Google Play Service has stopped’. However, if you stuck amid the processor failed to accomplish the methods, then feel free to take our assistance. We offer a comprehensive solution that will resolve the issue in a quick span of time. Being, a leading technical support firm, we retain the specialized geeks whose prime aim is to offer the solution to any issues related to your phone. The team works around the clock so that you may seek for assistance anytime. If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.
Leave a Reply