“Unfortunately, Google Play Service has stopped”, if this error displays on your Android device, then you will fail to access Google Play Store properly, and the other apps may stop responding. To access your Android phone and the amazing apps without any interference, then you will have to resolve an issue. However, before moving further, let’s have a quick glance of Google Play Service and the causes behind the issue.
- 1 Google Play Services
- 1.1 The major reason behind the issue ‘Google Play Services has stopped’
- 1.2 Google Play Service has Stopped: Solutions
- 1.2.1 Uninstall Updates of Google Play Services and update the same.
- 1.2.2 Google Play Service Has stopped: Solution using Clear Caches of Google Play Service
- 1.2.3 Remove Google Account and add it again
- 1.2.4 Google Play Service Has stopped: Solutions using Adjust Date and Time
- 1.2.5 Reset your Android device
- 2 Conclusion
Google Play Services
It is an inbuilt service on an Android device which enables the Google Play Store to work efficiently. Google Play Service runs in the background and supports the Play Store to update the apps.
The major reason behind the issue ‘Google Play Services has stopped’
There are many reasons behind the issue, and the most possible is the use of an outdated version of Google Play Service, and this led to an issue ‘now Google Play Service has stopped’ and the error usually appears on your Phone screen when you open any Google apps or Play Store.
Google Play Service has Stopped: Solutions
There are the best 5 possible ways to fix such an issue, and the comprehensive method is listed below. Make sure, to apply all the methods one by one carefully.
Uninstall Updates of Google Play Services and update the same.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your Android Phone.
- Now tap on ‘Security’.
- Now move to the ‘Device Administration’ section.
- Here, you will get a few options, tap on ‘Android Device Manager’ and ‘Disable’ it.
- After completing the above step, go back to the ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Apps/Application Manager’.
- At the top of the page, you will find down arrow symbol, tap on it and select ‘All Apps’.
- Now after that, you will find the list of apps, scroll down the page and select ‘Google Play Service’.
- After getting into the ‘App info’ page of Google Play Service, tap on vertical ellipsis symbolized with three vertical dots, located at the top-right of the page.
- Just after tapping on it, you will get ‘Uninstall updates’, tap on it.
- After completing the process, move back to the Security section and enable ‘Android Device Manager’. Follow the above steps to enable the same.
- Now, restart your phone and thereafter, update prompt will appear on your screen and your job is to follow the instruction to update Google Play Service.
Google Play Service Has stopped: Solution using Clear Caches of Google Play Service
- Open Settings on your device and tap on Apps/Application Manager.
- Select ‘All Apps’ from the drop-down menu and the same is listed on the top of the page.
- Now, scroll down the page to get Google Play Services.
- After entering into the Google Play Service, you will find a few options, tap on ‘Storage’.
- Further tap on ‘Clear Cache’.
- After that, close all the programs and then restart your device.
Remove Google Account and add it again
- Move to the Account section followed by Settings.
- In the list, you will find several options; select “Cloud and Accounts”.
- Now go to Accounts.
- In the list, you will find several accounts; select Google.
- Now, tap on your email ID and select ‘Remove’ account.
- After completing the above step, restart your device.
- Wait! The process is not yet finished. Go back to the ‘Settings’ section once again and follow the above process to add ‘Account’ again after removing the issue.
- Navigate to ‘Google’ and enter the credentials such as your email ID and Password. After that, tap on ‘Continue’ to complete the process. That’s all.
Google Play Service Has stopped: Solutions using Adjust Date and Time
If the date and time are not accurate, then error ‘Google Play Service has stopped’ may arise. So, make sure the date and time are set accordingly. If you are unaware of the method, then follow the steps listed beneath.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your device.
- In the list of featured applications, navigate for ‘Date and Time’ and tap on it to access the features.
- Now, enable ‘Automatic date and time provided by the Network.
- However, if the issue persists, then disable ‘Automatic date and time’ feature and adjust the date and time manually.
Reset your Android device
This is the master solution, but before performing this process take the backup of your device otherwise, you will lose all the data of your phone. Go through the process listed beneath and execute it effectively.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your phone.
- Scroll down the page and tap on ‘Backup and Reset’.
- Here, you will get an option ‘Factory data reset’ or ‘Backup & Restore’; tap on it. Please make sure to take your phone backup before executing this setting.
- Now, follow the next instructions carefully and finish the process.
- Once the task is completed, you will observe that your device is back to the original settings.
- That’s it; now Google Play Service will work smoothly.
Note All the screenshots shown above been taken by a Samsung Mobile. So, the option names may vary to mobile brands and models. So keep calm while following the above process on your mobile because in case you are not getting the exact one, you will easily get all these options by going through the relevant terms.
These were the practical solution for the issue ‘Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped’. However, if you stuck amid the processor failed to accomplish the methods, then feel free to take our assistance. We offer a comprehensive solution which will resolve the issue in a quick span of time. Being, a leading technical support firm, we retain the specialized geeks whose prime aim is to offer the solution to any issues related to your phone. The team works around the clock so that you may seek for assistance anytime. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page.