While playing your favorite videos on YouTube you might come across that the video is not playing smoothly. So, if you are looking for the solution ‘How to fix stuttering’ on YouTube, don’t get worried as here you will get the illustrative solutions. There are fruitful ways you must try to resolve the YouTube video stuttering issue which is described below. Before going to the solutions lets have a look at What is YouTube Stuttering?
What is YouTube Stuttering?
YouTube is one of the biggest online entertaining platforms which enable the users to access movies, videos, songs and significantly more. But, have you ever wondered that while playing the YouTube videos, it plays and pauses frequently, if Yes then you have encountered with YouTube stuttering error and immediate resolutions are required to get an amazing experience of YouTube.
How to Fix Stuttering on YouTube?
If you are accessing the chrome browser and need to resolve the YouTube stuttering chrome issue then you will have to clear the caches and disable the hardware acceleration in Chrome. The steps for each solution are listed beneath, just follow them and apply it properly.
1] Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the ‘More’ icon located at the top of the page. Now select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, the settings page will appear and you need to scroll it to reach the ‘Advanced settings.
- In the ‘Advanced setting’ page, you will get multiple sections and you just need to find out the ‘System’ section.
- In the system section, you will get ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ and you just need to turn the radio button in off mode.
2] Install Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Payer is a software that enables the users to access the online media and if it is outdated or unavailable, then the issue YouTube stuttering occurs and to fix the same, you will have to install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
- Open your browser and go to the official website of Adobe Flash Player by clicking on the link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- In the download page, you will get the ‘Install Now’ button, click on it.
- After finishing the downloading process, click on the download file to install Adobe Flash Player. Now, play the video on YouTube to check the error.
- If the issue persists, then go for the next solutions.
3] Clear Cache in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the ‘More’ icon symbolized with three vertical dots at the top right end of the page.
- Thereafter a drop-down menu will appear and you need to click on ‘More tools’. And then select ‘Clear browsing data’ from the appeared list. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+Del keys together to open the ‘clear browsing data’ window.
- Soon, you will find a new window featuring clear browsing data, move to the ‘Advanced’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Move to ‘Time range’ and select ‘All-time’ from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to tick mark all the checkboxes.
- After completing the above step, click on ‘Clear data’.
- That’s it; your task is done.
4] Update Video Driver
YouTube video stuttering could be caused due to outdated video card and to resolve the issue, you need to update the driver. The process is simple and the steps are listed beneath.
- If you are using Windows 10, then move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose ‘Device Manager’ from the featured list. You can also open the list by pressing Win+X keys together.
- However, if you are using Windows 7 then click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, a Device Manager page will appear, move to the Display Adapter section and then double click on it to get the list of drivers.
- Now, select the one, right-click on it and then choose ‘Update driver software’. Repeat the process for all listed items given there.
5] Update Google Chrome
Google frequently updates its applications and if you are accessing the old version of Google Chrome then you will fail to access the complete features of Chrome and this may lead to an issue such as ‘YouTube video stuttering’. So it is always recommended to access the current version of Chrome. Most of the time, the browser does the process itself, but sometimes you need to perform the task.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the triple dot icon given at the right top of the window.
- Hover over your cursor on the ‘Help’ menu and then go with the ‘About Google Chrome’ option given inside.
- Thereafter, a new tab will open and the chrome will check for the updates and after getting the latest one, it will automatically update it.
Hence, these were comprehensive solutions against the YouTube video stuttering issue. On the off chance, if you need any assistance then describes your issue in the comment box and our techies will assist you in a quick span of time with an effective solution.