No wonder, if ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’ error appears on your computer, as this is the most common issues of the Windows Operating System. The good news is that the error can be resolved, so you don’t need to get panic. But, before moving ahead, you must know about the issues and the causes
- 1 What is igfxEM Module?
- 2 Conclusion
What is igfxEM Module?
The igfxEM is an executable file designed and developed by the Intel whose prime role is to control the display attached with the graphics card. As stated earlier, it is an executable file and gets into the Windows through Intel package. The igfxEM denotes Intel Graphics Executable Main Module and this file is not the core file of the Windows. However, it is authorized by the Windows and helps the graphics card to work smoothly. The file runs in the background, so you can’t find its running platform from the applications and the best place to detect the file is the Task Manager.
Why igfxEM Module has stopped working?
There are multiple reasons behind every problem, among them some are prominence. Here, in this case, the situation is alike, for an error ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’ the prominent reason is the malfunctioning of the system files and it happens due to the virus attack or the invalid entry done by the software in the registry editor.
What are the troubleshooting steps to fix an issue ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’?
Update Graphics Card
Sometimes, lack of update of graphics card also becomes one of the reasons behind an issue ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’. The Intel regularly updates the graphics module so that it can run smoothly with the Windows Operating System. Usually, Windows update feature automatically performs such task. But, due to this issue, system files are failed to work effectively and hence, you will have to perform this task manually. The process is simple and for your convenience, the detailed steps are listed below.
- First and foremost, you will have to open the ‘Run’ box and for that press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Soon, a new window will appear on your PC screen which will show the salient features of the drivers.
- Move to the section ‘Display adapter’ and then click on the arrow button to see the hidden drivers.
- Here, you will get ‘Intel Graphics Card driver’, right-click on it and select ‘Update driver’ from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, a pop-up will appear which will ask you for the way to download the drivers. Select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Now, allow the windows to find out the updated driver for you and once it completes the search, it will show the list of drivers, select the one and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
What if the Windows shows the result ‘the best driver is already installed’?
If you didn’t find the appropriate result from the Windows and still the issue ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’ appears on the computer screen, then you can move to the official website of the Intel to download the graphics card driver.
- Open the browser and go to the official website of Intel or you can reach directly by clicking on the link https://www.intel.in/
- At the top of the Intel page, you will find the ‘Support’ tab, click on it.
- Now, click on ‘Product Support’.
- Now, select ‘Tools and Utilities’ from the featured menu of ‘Product Support’.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and it will show the variant features, scroll down the page and click on ‘Download Drivers and Software’.
- Soon, you will be directed to the product section, now select ‘Graphics driver’.
- And then, enter your product number and version of Operating System. After finishing the task, the page will refresh and it will show the list of available drivers supporting your device, select the one and then click on ‘Download’ button.
Disable igfxEM from startup
To fix an issue ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’ you can disable the graphics module. This process will not interfere with the other running programs. So, you can go ahead and achieve the target, adhere to the steps listed below.
- Open ‘Run’ box and to do so, press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘msconfig’ and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, the System Configuration window will appear which will show the inbuilt services offered by the Microsoft.
- Click on the ‘Services’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Now, scroll down the page and select ‘igfxext.exe’.
- After selecting the same, uncheck all the boxes and then click on ‘Disable button’.
- After furnishing the above task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it, now restart your computer.
You are all done and hence your issue ‘igfxEM Module has stopped working’ is completely resolved. On the off chance, if you failed to do the task, then contact us for the effective support. We will remotely access your device and will resolve the issue within a short span of time. Being one of the top-giant, tech support firm we offer comprehensive support to the users so that they can access the salient features of the Operating System effectively. Our expert geeks work around the clock to offer the technical support, so you can reach anytime to get your issue resolved.