Due to some of the reasons, shadowplay install and shadow play download failed in Nvidia Geforce experience. In this guide, I will show you How to install shadowplay and the possible solutions to fix the shadowplay download/install and Shadowplay not recording or Shadowplay not working issue.
- 1 What is Nvidia GeForce ShadowPlay and how to Install Shadowplay
- 1.1 How to Install ShadowPlay and Fix Shadowplay install Failed Issue: Solutions
- 1.1.1 How to Install DirectX to fix the Shadowplay not recording error
- 1.1.2 How to Delete Corrupt DirectX Files to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not working error
- 1.1.3 How to Install Windows Media Player to Fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not recording error
- 1.1.4 Try an older version of Nvidia Geforce Experience to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not working error
- 1.1.5 Guide to Roll Back Nvidia GeForce Experience to fix Shadowplay Install failed or not recording error
- 1.1.6 How to Stop Steam to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not recording error
- 1.1.7 Guide to Disable and Enable Nvidia GeForce Experience to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not working error
- 1.1 How to Install ShadowPlay and Fix Shadowplay install Failed Issue: Solutions
- 2 Conclusion
What is Nvidia GeForce ShadowPlay and how to Install Shadowplay
ShadowPlay is a feature in Geforce experience that is the easiest way to record and share high-quality gameplay screenshots, videos, and live stream with your friends. The ShadownPlay’s DVR-style instant replay mode records your amazing stunts in the game. Just hit a hotkey to save the last 30 seconds of gameplay to your hard drive and share to Facebook and YouTube.
By using this ShadowPlay, you can never miss your best gaming moments as it automatically captures key moments, clutch kills, and match-winning plays. Just select a highlight moment and share to social media using GeForce experience. The ShadowPlay GeForce experience makes broadcasting your favorite games easy and fast. Just within two clicks, you can start broadcast high-quality video to YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter live. For better performance of live stream, Shadowplay also supports custom graphic overlays.
You can create 15 seconds GIF from your favorite ShadowPlay video, add text, and upload it to Google, Facebook, or Weibo with a single click. Grab the screenshots and upload them to Google, Facebook, or Twitter without leaving your game.
How to Install ShadowPlay and Fix Shadowplay install Failed Issue: Solutions
ShadowPlay is part of GeForce Experience 3.0, which enables the users to instantly record gameplay at 60FPS for the last 20 minutes. You can also broadcast a live stream Twitch or YouTube at different resolutions. There have been so many cases where users were unable to record any games using ShadowPlay, even when in fullscreen mode. In the case of many users, the game doesn’t record when the hotkeys are activated.
This issue comes due to the Streamer Service not running properly, ShadowPlay’s inability to detect some games in fullscreen mode, and interference from some applications. In this guide, I’ll show you How to Fix Geforce ShadowPlay Install Failed Issue. Keep Reading for the best possible solutions.
How to Install DirectX to fix the Shadowplay not recording error
You need to have the latest version of DirectX installed in your system to fix shadowplay install and shadow play download issue.
- The DirectX updates are available along with the Windows Updates for the latest Windows operating systems like 10 and 8. So, to install DirectX updates you have to perform a Windows update.
- Here are the steps to update your Windows system manually to download the latest version of DirectX. This Windows update works for Windows 10, RT, 8, 8.1, server 2012, and server 2012 R2. The DirectX updates for Windows 7, XP, and Vista are not available; you have to upgrade your operating system to update DirectX.
- Go to start button or from the keyboard click on Windows logo key. Search for Windows Update and click on the first option. Or directly navigate to control panel or settings > update and security > Windows update.
- On the next screen, click on the check for updates option and wait until the process of checking completes.
- After completion of checking, you can see details option click on it to know which updates are available. Click on the download button to download and install updates into your system.
- Finally, completed installing Windows updates.
- Now, run the Nvidia GeForce Shadowplay install and shadow play download again. In some of the cases, this solution will fix the issue.
Note: Mostly, installing DirectX will fix the issue; if the problem still persists the problem is not with DirectX. Go to below solutions to fix Shadowplay install and shadow play download issue.
How to Delete Corrupt DirectX Files to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not working error
After installing the latest version of DirectX, if you still face the issue, it is most likely due to the DirectX files either corrupt or misplaced version of Windows. To delete unwanted DirectX files go to Windows folder in local disk c:\. Follow below steps to fix shadowplay install and shadow play download issue.
- Go to c:\Windows\System32 folder as shown in the figure.
- Delete existing DirectX files like d3dx9_43.dll, d3dx10_43.dll, and d3dx11_43.dll.
- Now, run the Nvidia GeForce experience shadowplay installing process. It may help to fix Shadowplay install and shadow play download issue.
How to Install Windows Media Player to Fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not recording error
In some of the cases, the Shadowplay install issue occurs due to the system is not having included Windows media player or you deleted it. If you are not having Windows media player try to install it manually.
- Search for the latest version of Windows Media player from your web browser.
- Select the trusted link from the results for download because the un-trusted site will invade malware or virus into your system along with software.
- Install the Windows media player and now try shadowplay install and shadow play download. Hopefully, this fixes the issue.
Try an older version of Nvidia Geforce Experience to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not working error
None of the above solutions had worked in solving the issue shadow play download and install? Go back to the older version of the Nvidia Geforce experience by uninstalling and installing the older version manually.
- Go to start menu or click Windows logo key. Search for add or remove programs on the search bar and select the option as shown in the figure.
- The above option will direct you to, control panel > programs and features > uninstall or change a program. Search for Nvidia GeForce Experience program.
- Select it, right-click on it, and click on uninstall option.
- Finish the un-installation process by following on-screen instructions.
- Now, restart your computer. Download previous version of Nvidia Geforce Experience (instead of experience, you will see GT810 or something) where Shadowplay installation worked fine or previous version.
- Hopefully, the older version will solve the issue of shadowplay install and shadow play download error.
Guide to Roll Back Nvidia GeForce Experience to fix Shadowplay Install failed or not recording error
- Go to the device manager from the start menu.
- On the new window, navigate to display adapter option and double-click on it to expand.
- Under display adapter category, you can find Nvidia GeForce Experience (instead of experience it contains GT810 or something) and right-click on it from the drop-down list, select properties.
- From the pop-up window, navigate to the Driver tab and click on the rollback driver option. This successfully rollbacks your Nvidia to the previous version and now try Shadowplay install.
Note: The best option is to wait for the latest version of Nvidia GeForce Experience because it resolves the bugs caused by previous versions. If it’s important then apply this solution or else wait until the latest version or update of Nvidia Geforce Experience.
How to Stop Steam to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not recording error
If you are running the steam application, shadow play download will cause an error. To fix this issue, navigate to the task manager and stop the running steam application. Now try shadowplay install and shadow play download, this will work with no errors.
Guide to Disable and Enable Nvidia GeForce Experience to fix the Shadowplay Install failed or not working error
You have to disable and enable Nvidia GeForce experience to fix the issue as sometimes it will work for some of the systems.
- Type msconfig on the search bar, click on the msconfig as shown in the figure.
- A new window opens; go to the services tab and check the box to hide all services of Microsoft. Click on disable all button and click on the apply button. Finally, click on the ok button. From the pop–up window click on the restart button.
- On the pop–up window, click on the restart button.
- After the restart of your system, go to msconfig as in step 3. Now, untick the box off, hide all services of Microsoft. Click on enable all button and select restart button on the pop-up window.
The possible solutions for shadowplay install and shadow play download failed issue are provided in detail for your better understanding. Still, are you having any more doubts or queries regarding Shadowplay not recording or the Shadowplay not working error or other devices problems? Get in touch in the comments section and we will get back to you at the earliest with all possible solutions. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.