We know you are in trouble and struggling hard to resolve the high network usage issue. The high network usage issue is common to face and it might be caused by svchost.exe (netsvcs). Your internet speed is dropping down because the svchost.exe is eating the internet at a great speed keeping it slow. Not worry Device Tricks bring you an easy solution to fix this.
What is svchost.exe (netsvcs)?
Svchost.exe is generic and legitimate windows processor which is highly required to run the entire system in a healthy condition. Its function is to load several other services to run the complex Windows-based operation in ease. Out of all these services, netsvcs is one such service which is necessary for the functioning of computer in stable condition. Thus removing them or disabling them will get you in big trouble.
Device tricks have troubleshot the svchost.exe (netsvcs) problem by following methods. Try out them one by one to resolve the error.
Troubleshooting methods to fix svchost.exe (netsvcs) High Network Usage
- BITS service should be disabled
- Event viewer logs should be cleared
- Look out for the culprit service and disable it
- Run the anti-virus
Method 1: BITS service should be disabled
Disabling BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) helps in resolving the issue as BITS uses an idle bandwidth to transfer update for users.
- Open the Run program by pressing Windows+R key together and type services .msc. Press OK to run the program.
- Once the services.msc window opens scroll down and search for Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Right-Click and choose on the Stop option.
- Once again right-click on the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and select Properties option.
- The Properties window will open and from the drop-down window navigate to Start-up type bar and select the disable option from the list and hit the OK button.
- Once done restart the computer and check your internet speed.
Metho 2: Event viewer logs should be cleared
The major issue can be faced by the large log files in the Windows event viewer, therefore, clearing them will help to boost the internet speed.
- Search for Event Viewer in the start menu and run the program.
- In the Event Viewer window on the left pane, locate and expand the Windows logo and then right-click on the Application folder and click on clear log option from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the same step to clear the log from the respective sub-folders i.e security, Setup, System, Forwarded Events.
- Once done restart the computer to save the changes and check out for the issue once again.
Method 3: Look out for the culprit service and disable it
Svchost.exe is an essential file to run the windows services swiftly, therefore simply identifying the exact services and programs that are working under svchost.exe and disabling them or completely removing them will help in resolving the issue.
- Search for the task manager in the start menu and hit Enter button.
- Navigate to the “Processes tab” and locate the high usage exe. service.
- Right-click on the exe. service and click on the Go to details.
- Find out which service is mainly using the high CPU. Perform a search and sequentially stop the service.
- Once the process is done restart the computer and check the internet usage speed once again.
Method 4: Run the Anti-virus
- One of the major cause of high usage of internet usage is the presence of virus and malware. Presence of virus or malware causes a service like svchost.exe (netsvcs) to use a huge amount of RAM without letting the free RAM go.
- In such a condition, it is always advisable to run the Anti-virus scan in order to remove the virus from the computer.
All these solutions will definitely help in resolving the issue and are highly recommended for those systems that are suffering from svchost.exe (netsvcs) high network usage problem.
Device tricks is one such platform which has the potential to be your own helper. Stay tuned to our latest tutorials and follow us on our Facebook page. Write us back in our comment box for any such queries.