Fallout 4 has roared the gaming platform after the launch, due to its outstanding features. But, most of the users are still facing Fallout 4 stuttering, fallout 4 crash or fallout 4 lag issue especially the leg spikes. So, if you are also facing the same issues and looking for comprehensive and effective solutions, then go through the solution listed below.
How to fix the Fallout 4 Stuttering Issue?
Here I have listed few easy-to-execute solutions that have helped many other users to resolve their Fallout 4 lag issue. You need not try them all; just work your own way down to the listed solutions unless you find the suitable one that works in your case.
Bring back the resolution in Display size
You might be enjoying the game in a borderless mode but the same thing becomes the problem and result to Fallout 4 crash and to fix it, you need to turn the Display resolution back to normal mode.
- Press the ‘Start’ button and click on the ‘Settings’ button which is symbolized with a gear icon and the same is located above the Power button.
- Thereafter, a Settings page will appear and here you need to click on the ‘System’ icon.
- Soon, a new window will open and you will get a few options at the left panel, click on ‘Display’.
- Now move to the ‘Resolution’ section, click on the drop-down arrow key to select the recommended resolution.
- After completing the above task, close the window and then launch Fallout 4.
- Click on the ‘menu’ and select ‘Options’ and move to the ‘Resolution’ part and select the resolution as set earlier for the Display.
- Now, click on the ‘OK’ button to save the settings.
Modify Frame Rate
Fallout 4 frame rate fix is quite essential and if the set parameter is different than required, then this may lead to a fallout 4 stuttering issue. Frame rate is a feature that displays the images per second in your display and if the required one is set less, then the game will slow down. So, you can go for 58 fps and the process to set the Frame rate is listed below.
- Navigate to the C drive where your game is installed. Probably this location: C:Users\YourWindowsName\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
- After getting the path, select ini file and then right-click on it to choose an option ‘Open with’ and here you need to select ‘Notepad’.
- Thereafter, you will have to find and select iFPSClamp and set the value to 58.
- Now save the changes and close the ‘Notepad’.
Update Video Driver
If the driver is outdated, then it won’t support the game and this will direct you to the path for Fallout 4 lag fix. The solution is quite simple and you just need to update the video driver and for your convenience, the steps are provided below.
- If you are a Windows 10 user, then move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then select ‘Device Manager’.
- If you are using Windows 7, then press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together to open the ‘Run’ box. Now type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Soon, you will get the ‘Device Manager’ page and here you need to double-click on ‘Display Adapter’ to get the list of drivers.
- Now, select the one and then right-click on it to choose ‘Update driver’.
- Thereafter, a new pop-up window will open where you will get an option to update the driver, select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Now, wait for a while as windows will take some time to update the driver.
- After completing the above task, restart your computer.
Change your Game Mode and Modify your Game File
Fallout 4 stuttering error can be fixed by changing the game mode and by modifying the game file to correct the resolution. To do so follow these steps:
- Locate your Fallout 4 game documents. Normally, it will be located in: C:Users\YourWindowsName\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
- Here right-click Fallout4Prefs.ini to select and open the file with Notepad.
- Find the following lines in the opened file and modify their values which are mentioned below:
- Finally, Save the file and exit Notepad. Now Launch Fallout 4 and check for the error.
Turn off Vertical Synchronization (V-Sync)
If V-Sync is enabled, then it will automatically adjust the frame rate and if it is set low, then Fallout 4 will slow down. So, you must disable V-Sync to resolve the Fallout 4 stutter issue and the process for the same is listed below.
- Open C Drive and then navigate for the path where you have installed the game.
- After getting the game folder, you need to open the same and then select the ini file.
- Now, right-click on ini file and then move to the section ‘Open with’ and here you need to select ‘Notepad’.
- Now, look for iPresentInterval and after getting the same, set the value to 0.
- After that, save the file and then close the ‘Notepad’.
Stop background running applications
Background running applications consume more internet data and due to this, Fallout 4 fails to get the required data and space and hence stutter. So, to fix this issue, you must stop all the background applications.
- Press the ‘Start’ button and then click on the ‘Settings’ located above the ‘Power’ menu.
- Thereafter, the Windows setting page will open and here you need to click on ‘Privacy’.
- In the ‘Privacy’ page, you will get a few options at the left panel. Scroll down the page and click on ‘Background apps’.
- Now select the application and then turn the slider in off mode.
- You can choose those applications which consume more space and data or else can disable all the apps.
So, these were effective solutions against the Fallout4 stuttering/lagging issue. Let’s know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on theWindows, macOS and Android.